Messaging System FAQ

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by ASTRAEA, Nov 17, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASTRAEA

ASTRAEA User

Messaging System FAQ

The brand new messaging system is now available for all pilots and includes new features and a new design for you to enjoy.

Hello Space Pilot,

In the past only clan members had access to a internal clan messaging system, while all the other space pilots had to resort to external measures or go without chatting altogether. Well, all those headaches are a thing of the past. Our technicians have completely revamped the messaging system and made it accessible for all pilots! Introducing

The brand new messaging system I.N.E.S. -

Interstellar Networking E-Mail-System!

messaging2a.png

From your home page if you click on the tab that reads - Mail.

In the navigation above, you will see the new window that opens you will see the follow:

INBOX: Messages that are coming in to you
    OUTBOX: Message that you have sent
    CONTACTS: Your friends list
    NOTES: special notes you make

The page we are viewing currently is the INBOX, you can open the existing mails by simply clicking on them.
    To delete them you simply click on the little trash can to the far right.

messaging3a.png

Above we are looking at the CONTACTS page, on this page you can do the following:
    View your contact list
    Message Contacts
    Edit Contacts
    Use Blacklist- to Block players from messaging you.

How to send a Message:

On the top of the INBOX and the OUTBOX is the tab New Messages, click that it will bring up the page below.

messaging4.png

As you can see, it is as simple as an email. Choose your friend and their name will appear in the top box.

Then you write your message as I have done for you.

At the bottom you have the option of Canceling or Sending the Message.

Adding Friends

By Going to the players a Hall of fame and using any the drop down tab to any of the Specialty Categories such as Top User Ranking, (others will work as well)
    1. Find the Name of the Player you want to contact
    2. Click on the name until a small Box appears (as seen below)

messaging5.png

3. Click the Small Box and another window will open. (as shown below)

messaging6.png

4. On their player page you will see a tab that reads:

BECOME FRIENDS. Click that, and wait for them to either accept or deny.

A 2nd way of adding Contacts:

You can go to the search bar in the top left corner and enter the players username. If the player is on the game, it will show a white check mark and you can add him to the list of recipients with the plus button.
    So even if you do not belong to a clan, you can write other pilots, manage a personal contact list and save important messages. Clan members may also send messages to clan members individually or as a group.

You may save up to 10 messages.

Premium users may save up to 50.

Q: How can I add one or more Pilots as recipients?

A: To send a message to other pilots or add more recipients just enter the username in the search box in the top left corner. If that pilot exists on your server you will see a little white check mark in the box and you can add him to the list of recipients with the plus button. Another way how you can contact you friends is directly via your contact list. Just select your contact and add him with a click on the plus button.

Q: Why can I only send a message to a maximum of 5 recipients?

A: To prevent spam you can only send a message to a maximum of 5 recipients. The exception to this would be Clan messages, which all members of the clan will get.

Q: Is there a limitation on how long my messages can be?

A: Yes, a message can contain a maximum of 5000 characters.

Q: How long will I be able to keep my messages?

A: They will get deleted after 14 days. You can save up to 10 messages permanent or even up to 50 messages if you have Premium.

Q: And if my Premium runs out? Will I lose all my 50 messages?

A: No, you will keep all your saved messages, but you won’t be able to save new ones until you have less than 10 messages again.

Q: Can I do something against spamming?

A: Yes, there is also an Ignore list, on which you can put players from which you don’t want to receive messages anymore. This tab is Locate in the Upper right and says: Blacklist.

Q: What can I do if I receive messages from other players that contain offensive language, sexual harassment or racism?

A: Note the name of the offender down, make a screenshot of the mail and contact an admin or the customer support.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.