New credit ammo

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by killerpotato, Apr 19, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A lot of recent updates help newer players so here's another idea.

1.5x dmg - 250 credits/round
    1x dmg sab - 300 credits/round

It'll help weaker players fight stronger aliens
    Let me know what you guys think

MØØИŦЄΛŘ likes this.
  2. Forgone™

Forgone™ User

They seem a little expensive for their efficiency.

3. If they're too cheap they'll be overpowered
    1.5x should be at least 75 creds
    1x sab should be at least 100 creds
    In my opinion
    That way newer players can't always use them so it doesnt become OP and take away the challenge of fighting stronger aliens

4. 1n9i9c7om

1n9i9c7om User

x1 costs 10 Credits, so 75 credits for x1.5 would be overpriced in my opionion. Maybe like 25-30 credits?
    For the x1 Sab, I'd say something between 30-50 credits would be a fair price.

With 35 lasers, even the 50 credits would be pretty expensive (1750 per salve, compared to 350 with x1)

This ammo would most likely only be used for PvM, as you use better ammo for PvP. If it's too expensive, you wouldn't earn credits from killing aliens anymore.

KłŁŁER and Tarron like this.
  5. I agree with 1n9i9c7om. I think this idea is for beginners not for Elite-Player but it could help the beginners because they can test it instead of buying the uridium-version.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  6. Yes to him

7. No thanks to 1.5x ammo with credits, because as I said on the "2x ammo for credits" thread, you're basically upping the base damage of all ships. (Who doesn't have credits? There's a skylab)

8. Perhaps if this ammo was alien restricted ammo, and perhaps if there was a level cap on to when it is effective.

And I would want the ammo to definitely cost me at least 10x the normal credits spent on x1 ammo. So every thousand rounds of 1.5x would cost 100,000k credits. This is so new players don't abuse the ammo. And this ammo is just for aliens, to eliminate the pvp use of it. PvP should be kept at x3 and up anyways^ I would not waste my credits buying this to even beat a Lordakium. But this ammo would help with some Bk's, especially the BBK and BBL. And depending on what level I am, maybe even kill some small Ubers. But of course this proposes that a better equipped, but still low level player, from abusing the level restricted ammo. And to what? Kill some higher level aliens? I might for a little bit if I had the time to invest in another account, but not for the disadvantaged credit gain.

And yes there is the option of finding a clan or friend to help kill BKs and such. But not all the time are they there^ Or it could be one of those days where everyone is anti-social^^ A 1.5x ammo would definitely help. And if I did purchase this ammo, it would be only to kill Boss stuff and small Ubers. And that is where I think this ammo should be strongly oriented. Lvl 15 or 16 would be a great level cap depending on the quests. Whether or not quests contain killing BBL or BBKS. (But that is me) I have barely reached lvl 12 the other night, and still have plenty of quests that I haven't even looked at yet.

For true noobs this will be amazing^^

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  9. The best .5x ammo is JOB-100 (Jack-O-Battery)! Too bad it is not credits.

10. SauronL

SauronL User

hell no it will kill x1 ammo so here will exist just x1,5 and x1 will nobody use

TheTaser(V) likes this.
  11. -Corex-

-Corex- User

i would like a new ammo x1.5 or x2 for credits dont care how expensive on credits it is, free players really need a little buff for NPC's killing like Bosses BK and Lords ^^

12. Seraphim

Seraphim User

No to the 1.5x ammo because in my opinion, laser damage above x1 should be uridium based as it's really resourceful.
    Yes to the x1 sab idea but i agree with the original prices.
    Few suggestions:
    for new players, i think they should 'recieve' a wad of this x1 sab ammo from some sort of newbie mission so it isn't too expensive for them to try it out.
    anyone with a half built skylab can get tons of credits easily, so 300 credits er laser round shouldn't be much of a problem. Could be between 200-300, but i have to say, no more than 300.

13. Y'all do realize that an expensive ammo is not going to help noobs. How about they double the amount of uri that aliens give. The values have not changed since the beginning when all you needed was 1mil uri to get to the top. Now you need like 50mil uri. I personally believe that the aliens should take a good amount of time to kill. If they raised the uri in each npc, that would make it seem more worth it to kill them as compared to killing them faster which just makes the grind seem even more repetitive.

MØØИŦЄΛŘ likes this.
  14. Yes, very much yes. All the rewards, not just the uri.

15. 1n9i9c7om

1n9i9c7om User

Well, the thing is, to keep it balanced, the amount of rewards in bonux boxes would have to be increased as well.
    Maybe increase the rewards by 50%, that'd mean a Krisso would give you 192 Uridium. The best bonus box would give 150 Uridium, 450 with doubler.

That wouldn't be too much in my opinion, as you always lose some Uridium for P.E.T. fuel, you didn't have to pay something all the time when the rewards where made.

Would be a good change for DarkOrbit Reloaded, I heard they wanted to get away from the "Pay to win"? Well, that'd be a start!

16. Or they could double it seeing as how the uridium required to get on top is only 50x higher than it used to be. Btw, the highest box is already at 150 uridium in bmaps. So increasing boxes would mean 225 for the top box. Sounds good.

17. 1n9i9c7om

1n9i9c7om User

Oh yeah, right. I guess I already thought this way, but just wrote bs... Otherwise I wouldn't have stated 450 for the best box with doubler :D

18. ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ User

+1 quite expensive but who cares lol

19. EVERCLEAR

EVERCLEAR User

I will only agree to a x0.5 ammo for credits... i can live w my 10k x1 but hitting 5k would make me appreciate x1 even more.

20. Sir_Joe

Sir_Joe User

Hi,

I really like the idea of the x1 SAB for credits although the prices you have suggested here are ridiculously overpriced and definitely need to be tweaked a little, with that changed, I see that as a very good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.