10 year anniversary event feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Dec 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hi everyone,

As you may have seen, the festivities for December and DarkOrbit's 10th birthday are beginning. Please feel free to leave your feedback on the event here

Also you can check out the event FAQ over >here<
    & If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the short story!

We hope you enjoy the event :)

2. Pikachu™

Pikachu™ User

Xmas boxes seem brilliant (bear in mind I haven't logged into d.o in Dec since y4 gate.. so others opinions may differ).. hope they're kept the same & not nerfed (too much). Looks like a lot of effort has been put into making the quests differ from one another yet still seem feasibly flexible enough to accommodate different ship levels, seems like sommet for everyone! Looking forwards.. Don't think I've said that since Bio was announced!

3. Looks like an awesome winter event, can't wait to try out the new quests for the cross-server map, good job!

4. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

The event missions are unbalanced beyond belief, if you you are UFE or near UFE this is a good event if however you are FE and below you will just be cannon fodder with glitter and tinsel for UFE players. Dark orbits jewel in the crown is tarnished yet again with another fail and failure to add balance. The weaker players also pay real money to buy all the new cosmetics that are churned of every few weeks but are given very little respect. A choice of easy and hard missions would have been more balanced giving a player the option to chose a mission that suited both player skill and owned available equipment, The fact that the Demaner freighter will be dominated by UFE's and the the strong MCC's feasting on the rewards leaving nothing for the weaker players will just end up leaving the maps maps empty as even more players drop out of the game. There is one plus to the the event and that is the advent calendar.

5. V3nomR0

V3nomR0 User

I totally agree with Aries. Another problem that I personally saw loging in today was that even the lower maps x-2 to x-4 are crowded with UFE players from other companies that are collecting boxes and not letting smaller players (that need those boxes much, much more) move further away from the jump gate. This way it's impossible even to do missions, how should I travel there and there or kill that NPC when I am constantly being hunted down by 7+ enemy's. Not so fun as I had hoped.

6. BP needs to address the quite apparent BULLY issues. Just another event to be controlled by "those that spend " and their lame MCC clans
    that are for the "chosen those that spend".

uberpaul and [MAC]**KILLMORE** like this.
  7. I think that there should be a more common drop in ALL event boxes besides PLD-8 rockets, as im sure most of us have more than enough of them. Perhaps exchange the drop for gate spins or uri, or even plt-3030's

8. There is always something to cry about
    1st cry was about not been able to repair ship because you dont have 500 uri (thats change)
    2nd cry is about kami killing own company and putting ppl in -honor (thats change)
    before you have to do your own quest now you can be in outfit and get help with them
    and the list goes on and on .....stop crying over who have a wallet or who join a clan
    the way the game play is your choice you either spend money and be strong in a few months
    or you farm and be strong in a few years the end result is DO cannot change the core of the game just because you dont like getting shot down. thats the nature of the game you leave the safe zone at your own risk
    I remember there used to be no protection in x-1 or x-2 maps.
    A few things players can do is
    1) get a wallet
    2) Join a MCC
    3)Go back to playing farmville

9. Zapp

Zapp User

This would be a decent event if it wasn't for the lags in GE1. Its unplayable.

Some improvements i can think of:

- Fix GE1 LAG (#1 priority)
    - Add the goliath, cita, aegis and spear arctic ships to uba rewards from last year
    - Harder missions with better rewards. The current ones are way too easy. We need something for UFEs

-ŴДŹŹД19- likes this.
  10. Mission. A word from the wise. how can you go to 3 different areas in less than 3 minutes. Not even possible with the fastest ship. Is it a typo? I hope so. Please change the times so it can be completed .
    SANTA..... where is it. We were given missions and they cann't be completed. Please tell me where I can find santa. love the game just hope the DO people figure the simple things out and fix it.
    thanks for allowing me a place to communicate.

11. 1taffy1

1taffy1 User

Here we go again:
    GA1.
    Took forever to get game client to open.
    Then, after 10 attempts, it connected.
    Opened up the pet.
    Charged me -1050 uri to repair it because the client froze immediately.
    Would love to play but game client keeps disconnecting, lagging and freezing.
    Just curious, when are you going to fix this server?
    I'd like to be able to participate in these events, but this GA1 is freakin' overloaded and in dire need of repair, it's nearly impossible.

Now the home page just logged me out.

I have over 26k PLD rockets.

Hours later and still not able to play. Now the game client won't open at all. Last time this happened, it wouldn't connect for days and I lost rank.
    Does anyone even care? I've been bringing these glitches up for years and nothing seems to get fixed.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 2, 2016
  12. try using warp :0

13. And if they want to play DO without a wallet? this game should not be geared only to those who cough up hundreds of dollars every month on it. There should be ways for noobs to have fun, (Besides going back to farmville)

uberpaul and badwon[spt] like this.
  14. Yes you can play without spending money
    you have credit ammo you can used, there is also quest that gives you uri and credit also there are the
    boxes that you can pick up you get everything you need to play the game from the Game itself.
    you also can go to 5-3 map and pally for gate spins. all of that will give you the necessary tools to play the game without spending a dime.
    It seems to me that you want to reap the benefits that others reap by spending there money without spending a dime of yours.

15. StLouis...

StLouis... User

Its not about reaping benefits, but I have seen that if you don't have any help from ufe players then it is harder to advance in the game.
    I personally am UFE and I have about 5 non ufe ships in my clan, and when we the UFE's aren't around the other players harrass them and keep popping them over and over until we get there. I've seen this a lot of times where ufe players just pop noobs because theyre easier kills and don't take a lot of ammo to kill.

uberpaul and badwon[spt] like this.
  16. That sums up the game STLouis ppl spend money to prey on the ones that refuse to spend money
    if i remember correctly even in farmville there was the option to spend money and those that do were far better than the ones that dont

uberpaul likes this.
  17. Agreed, they should stop creating missions on the home maps, especially on the enemy maps. Except they want to have some newbie massacres.
    The quests are much more creative than the last ones, BUT they aren't worth at all (except the scrap/plasmid/mucosum quests). The tricky one (goin to 3 different maps in 3minutes) has still a low reward, 10 Booty Keys instead of 2 would be ok. The bonus boxes are...just like event boxes. Tons of ice rockets, slow mines, repair credits (=good time to start as a newbie) and this useless PLD...

And why are they so stingy with the Scatter laser? I see L3, new generators as rewards, but there is no Scatter.

All in all it's a much better event, although it isn't good enough for a Christmas event (especially the focus on the home maps).

18. Scatter is good but Lancer is better. I will agree that the new missions are more thought out but also getting restrictive. Setting a daily mission that requires you to log on during a time that DO says is not always possible. There are no real excuses that can be given for it. If you set an icy/meteoroid mission, you need to have icy/meteoroids all day. Saying it will be out for 2 hours later is not good enough. We have real lives outside the game also. Also, the easy missions are for level 1-11. I am stronger than most level 11 players will be and know that an icy will be crippling.

At anyrate, as stated before, and yearly, its a decent event for FE+ players, you know like all the events. But the NOOB players like me, I love a challenge, but some of it is down right impossible.

19. The rewards are not great anyways, they are not bad but not great most lower lvl players should be boxing for the event boxes anyways as much as they can then they can use the icy rockets to get away instead of complaining they can't get away. Also there is some great ammo being offered for free, i'm sure talking about it gives DO better perspective on the quests though just saying don't forget to collect :D. Enjoy

20. Gabor_Hun

Gabor_Hun User

Hi im new in this server i started today and i read about this event but in my event misson page i see nothing please help i want to do event missions

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.