10 year anniversary event feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Dec 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tovarich

Tovarich User

Here you are the answer from one admin

Solid_Eye said:
    As I mentioned here before, the matter of stolen cargos & seemingly cargo boxes not dropping was reported. The dev team are aware but from the sounds of things it might take some time to get resolved - possibly not before the holidays

Regards,​

2. this is pretty much a joke, a bad joke.
    MOST companies would go way out of their way to ensure a 10 year anniversary went off without a glitch.
    WOW, really unimpressed and saddened by the exhibited lack of care...............

3. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

To be honest I don't know 100% what the situation is with demaners on/off - I see a lot of people say they're off but then someone will say they're on somewhere. Things suggest they might be more or less off until some of the issues are resolved, but I don't want that to be taken as 100% guaranteed, at the very least until we know more for certain.

Regards,

4. Did a review of this thread and remembered the cold gate. New players can't finish the easy version unless they spend some money and get prem and uri for lots of ammo, pet, and kami. Since I have no prem, I can't get it done this year, like last year. And why do we have the same old gate anyways. 10 year anniversary and nothing to actually say celebrate. Same gate, as last year. All we heard in Twitch is "We have something special planned." Special equals the same mess as last year. Nothing that says Happy 10 Years Dark Orbit. Anyways.

badwon[spt] likes this.
  5. west-star

west-star User

darkorbit is having a party ..please bring your own drinks and snacks

_-DarkOverLord-_ likes this.
  6. Edit 21/12/12: Demaner event end date amended 20th December

what does this mean? is it over? It didn't even last two days.

7. Yup, a sub-event of the winter event could not get working, so it was prematurely dropped to avoid 11 more days of embarrassment. Everyone should automatically get the demaner quest given to them as completed; lol.

Usually with software changes/upgrades/etc there are code reviews; what the heck happened? It seems there a lot of checks and balances NOT happening at all.

8. I have tried Demaner before they had removed it.

It's very unfunny, although I only have played it for 30 sec, because some of them are using Moth...

"Fortunately" I saw my box. Unfortunately the other players wreaked true super mine massacres and they cover my box, until it disappeared....

9. Runcho

Runcho User

Lets see - we got copy/paste halloween event from last year and the same for prometheus event (at least what ppl say, I wasnt playing last year at that time) so the dark orbit team could work on the 10th anniversary and winter event. And now it turns out we get the same old gate as last year, demaners were cancelled and what is left for the players? At least when halloween event was messed up (with the useless assembly drops) they didnt cancel everything.... Is that really what you worked on for 2 months? Because the only thing I see working atm is the 'NEW' Goliath X (which is pretty much fusion of the old goli and ice rocket as ability and ice rockets have been around for a few years - at least they are working). Wow, I am impressed! Lets make a servey, shall we?

On the scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very bad and 10 is very good how satisfied are you from the 10th anniversary event?
    I have to stick with 1!

10. I guessed what really happened, the Dark Orbit team is running a business...They already tested the stuff and decided to give the 'paying players' the chance to clean up the newbs and steal boxes i.e the exploit/. After all, it has got cheap for newbs to get 'full elite' therefore it's Christmas and they need money. It is a well timed business plan... or is it just an error? I think it is more balanced this way...In fact it is perfect! Newbs wont leave and will get boxes to themselves after Christmas...Merry Christmas!:D

I suggest they disable the mines on Demanor maps:rolleyes:

Last edited by moderator: Dec 22, 2016
  11. In my opinion DO has completed a great job on the Anniversary Event.
    I've been thoroughly entertained.
    Ty, Arch

12. Running Scared Mission is not being completed even after completing the 2 task stated and the timer still runs and timed out ending into failed mission.

13. KiritOo47

KiritOo47 User

Hello darkorbit community,
    There are some note able points in here that I found as a new player,
    1st:- I truly think a lvl restriction should be made for lowers, we get attack by higher ups, and we cant do anything against it we just keep dying dying there should be something like for early players till lvl 14 should be unattackable by higher lvls then that, lower then 14 then its fine at least we might be facing someone of our own skill lvl.
    2nd:- Getting attacked by our own company which I faced a lot, Players from my own EIC company attacks me just for stealing the alien which I am lowering its hp, and when I attack back, I got ban really nc logic +1000, is it really fair in any way plz tell me if I am wrong?

Overall I enjoy the game, but we cant do anything about the 1st problem I mentioned we cant move to anther map even hardly sometimes we pass, in middle of farming they came from nowhere attacking plz just make something like I said a lvl restriction.

14. 1111am

1111am User

No not the resolution, Im talking about how loaded up the goliath looked, with the laser cannons mounted. Those look super awesome

•»Radiance«• likes this.
  15. broduer40

broduer40 User

I feel like anyone that didnt know about this and missed out on like half the days should be able to get what they missed out of, been working like crazy so didnt even know this was going on...

16. You obviously do NOT play much.
    This event, as well as all events since April, have, in my opinion, been a joke.
    DO was not able to accomplish a "re-run" of last year and then cancel the demaner "re-run" after 2 days.... is totally Pathetic.

Really thought there would be compensation in the form of x2 gate weekend or week or something in lieu of the cancelled or non-functional missions.
    Fix this game or stop taking peoples' $$$$$$$.

17. PowerMad

PowerMad User

I think he was being sarcastic... hehehehe

18. SauronL

SauronL User

December anniversary event was one of the worst for last 10 years
    As it was 10th anniversary, people expected something big !

So what was cool
    Positive:
    + Ice boxes
    - That was very cool that they added ice boxes in all maps - even bmaps, and they kept them for the entire month out
    + 11th - discounts 22% off , altho i have almost everything, it was very cool to see all these discounts !
    + 5k rsb in assembly

Neutral:
    Adding Goliath-X
    - its very cool to see "old" goliath however the ability and its dmg + EP suck too much so nobody use this ship at all
    What about adding some more useless bonuses next time ?
    Quests: Boring quests with stupid rewards
    Refraction: Huge "map" filled with ufes wasting ammo on each other. (honestly i hope it will be better after that new update), You could simply give people infinite ammo there and then it would be much funnier, cause now its a ammo wasting map since everyone just use spectrum or emp and cloak combo.
    Advent calendar: Well what would i say about it ? 24 trash rewards except the new ship that is always good. Well and they were for free thats why i chose neutral
    Skoll gate: Old easy maps that rewarded me with 30k uri.

Negative:
    Demaner event:
    Untested ? Full of bugs and boring as nothing i ve seen before. You could just give us a hitac assault event and people would be satisfied. Instead of adding something like this.
    Ice meteoroids: Like really ? Like 4 years ago there were ice meteoroids for the whole days ! Well i'd expect something bigger than 5-8 pm ice meteoroids on 11th when its "10th anniversary"
    Expected gg days bugged and not out - thats so bad, no words for that
    Santa bots: Lmao are you kidding me ? What is this annonying bad paying trash ? xD

From 1 to 10 (where 1 is the worst) Id give 5 points.
    We got some cool new stuff but at all it was ruined by stupid decisions(sorry for my honesty) Hitac would be much better than this demaner. For me i didn't really feel the "winter" in the orbit so thats what makes me sad, maybe just adding more icy meteoroids would help

19. 10th anniversary score- 2 out of 10...A lot of disappointment...But hey 2016 wasn't the best year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.