[POLL #2] New ship designs for Season Pass 5

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Oddessey, Apr 8, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Please vote for the image you prefer

Poll closed Apr 13, 2024.
  1. A

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. B

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. C

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

Hello Space Pilots,

Our graphic artists are very happy about your feedback and from the first survey. We are now having 3 more design ideas and we would like to do another poll for the attached 3 ideas.

0.jpg

You are welcome to leave your constructive comments below as well.

Thank you for voicing your opinion! Voting totals and comments will be sent up on Friday 12 April.

Your DarkOrbit Team

2. jayherbo

jayherbo User

B: for Best looking Beast, Drones, Pet 100% :)

3. i like B looks fab

jayherbo likes this.
  4. test020

test020 User

i'm going to be brutally honest and say they all look awful, but were i to pick the one that looks not that terrible it would be A

because none of these designs look good or fitting to the game's aesthetics, like the blacklight aliens and plus ships they stick out like a sore thumb:
    [​IMG]

and i'm not alone in this, i share this opinion with someone in discord.
    [​IMG]

and let's not forget how the concept art itself looks modern plasticky, look at the old group ships one:[​IMG]
    and then there's this concept.
    [​IMG]
    A looks like it's trying to be similar to viking ocrus.
    B looks like some weird thing that belongs in a terrible mobile game with all the whacky details and glowbits, i remember trying some darkorbit copycat on playstore but i saw that it failed on everything that is darkorbit and only nailed the mobile controls... it fits that game, not here.
    C doesn't even look like a ship, random concept artist i have to ask why do you make me miss Deepolis so much? i have done nothing mean to you to have my feelings hurt like that :( it looks like some scion sub using jafhnar's colors minus the high contrast.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    SkyHero-42 and jayherbo like this.
  5. TermiteFan

TermiteFan User

I like B the best.

I also like that we're being asked for input. Makes me think there are at least some of the team who really do care what their customers have to say. Thanks for the opportunity for us to give some input!

6. I will take A but please remove the ugly portion sticking out the front of the ship then it will look decent. thanks

7. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

Thanks for the constructive input on these, the comments and vote totals have been sent up.

test020 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.