A suggestion

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [Hårry_PØtter], Mar 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you agree with a no PVP day once a month

1. Yes

27.9%
  2. No

72.1%
  1. Hello darkorbit community I have a suggestion that will help lower level players have a chance in the dark orbit universe here it is:

1 day a month we should have a NO enemy maps day where we are ALL locked out of enemy maps disallowing you for attacking enemies for an entire day because this is stupid yes its a game but everyone should be given equal chances but everyone is being complete ******* on here now I come back after 3 years of not playing to be killed on every map i go no its stupid if we had a no pvp day the lower levels have a chance to get to a level that they can then battle back but you eic and mmo players are selfish you got the chance and you come into our maps killing us off for what a bit of honour and ep that you could get without killing other players all the time, I spend the most part of my day killing aliens and have you selfish people attack me on what ground have i prevoked you no i kill aliens its RARE i goto 1-4/1-3/1-2/1-1 oor 2-4/2-3/2-2/2-1 never go into your uppers because whats the point to get a new numbered rank whooptie do ITS A NUMBER who cares your in the top 10 players doesnt make you better just makes you selfish and ingorant to lower levels how would you like it if us vru flooded your maps and killed you everytime you shot an alien you'd be p****ed just like us.

This is not a joke its a valid suggestion if you have nothing nice to say about my post don't bother typing a message just to slagg me off i am another human being and i am speaking to you with respect and I WON'T take any abuse for none of you.

post you comments below on what you think about a no pvp day once a month.

I repeat no abusive or nasty comments anything nasty in my post has been blacked out to make it a nice post without the anything nasty

This Suggestion is aimed at the following maps ONLY

1-1 1-2 1-3 1-4

2-1 2-2 2-3 2-4

3-1 3-2 3-3 3-4

To add a twist Pacman has came up with another way of putting this idea across here it is and Thanks Pacman

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. demonking

demonking User

its a PvP game. that's what u signed up for . so no . if u didn't want to play a PvP game you should have not started to play this easy as that

Oracle likes this.
  3. Okay... so first off I couldn't resist pointing out the hypocrisy in that statement...

So, you tell us not to post abusive comments after you metaphorically rip into people who play the game normally? Okay... just gonna add that DO is a PvP game and it doesn't matter whether you provoke others or not, the point of the game is to kill enemy players.

As for idea itself, it seems fairly reasonable as long it applies only to lower maps and not PvP maps (obviously) and uppers/pirates. Can't see it getting put in though.

4. Ill give you a no... we all went through this trouble, why should noobs now have it easier? i mean i takes the fun out of the game...

5. no not easier just give us a chance to get up the levels and not like its unfair really what people don't realise yes this is more of a paid game this is aimed at the people who will empty their pockets into darkorbit but the people who Dont want to pay get pushed to the back seats how is that fair on us who dont have the money or just dont want to line their pockets but you are entitled to your opion on this and im not faulting you. I understand people go through a lot of trouble in the game even if the lower maps were locked out from us and still have access to uppers but i really do mean its really unfair that all the elite people only go after the people that dont get a chance to fight back and how would 1 day ruin the game how about they put a test in and see what people think it a vaild point you make im not doubting that but the main thing that makes it unfair is that we go off to kill aliens and we have like 5 people sitting there waiting for you to leave port, if i go hunting i goto the port take a look whos there and then leave in my hunting times i sit in middle map looking round there for people who have a chance to fight back I had a session of hunting the other day after i completed a gate and i went up against people that had a chance to fight back and ill admit i died in one battle so i thought ok ill leave and give people a chance to do what they wanna do and thats what im like, look at real life we are given so many chances in life yes this is a game but we could do with more chances to become what everyone call fully elite and as i agree with you im not saying to do a whole month more of an event sort of thing.

yes but im not aiming it at a specfic person i could name so many people if i had written them down and its also aimed at myself when i go hunting i understand peoples frustrations and i no longer go into enemy maps i stay in my own map the abusive part is aim at my post not people

pvp map cant be locked out because some people dont have the jump chips hense i didnt state those maps as they are called Battle Maps , if i enter a battle map i expect to die at least once if not more as for pirate maps its the same as battle maps really because you cant leave once shot at so no its more aimed at 1-1 1-2 1-3 1-4 and 2-1 2-2 2-3 2-4 and 3-1 3-2 3-3 3-4 i apologise should have put that ill edit my top post and add that in

apologises I went on a rant and it isnt aimed at specific people as in my eyes im basically calling myself an idiot as i sometimes go hunt but not anymore i want to get up the levels and just kill aliens as i find that more fun than killing other players if an enemy shoots me then of course im gonna fight back who wouldnt

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. Had to laugh when I read threads like this no dissrespct to the op but what you said basically wont work.

The game is a learning curve you have to learn how to use the mini map etc and once you've played a long time im sure you wont get poped so much and skill doesn't comeover night.

The game from day one hasn't changed stronger players will always go for weaker ones cause some of them havent the skill to fight others same strength or stronger.

7. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Here is my 2 pence worth in the suggestion. I have not vote as the choice is a little limited.

If the event resulted in the aggressor having say 10% less battle abilities than the player being targeted, then it would be a fun event, that would show who really had skill over equipment. As the aggressor would have the advantage of the first shot/s.

It would be like the old days even if only for the small period of the even.

The skilled would be returned to the game for the event and weaker players could show there abilities.

sirpwnsalot34 and JosephineEarp like this.
  8. Pacman have read your post and taking that into account it would be a more intriguing twist to an event.

If you noticed I had gone back to my orginal post and editing in or out items so apologises as stated before i was pretty stressed out and to add I have had my account since 2009 so i have to say its not really about skill anymore its more of a case that who is the strongest players in dark orbit so i disagree with the skill aspect as i have a certain amount on my pilot bio and it makes little difference with everyone roaming with the new overpowered LF4's and all the pet is really useful with is doing the tasks that are done right Boring from collecting bonus boxes to cargo's I understand that the game is more aimed at paying players as you get more advantages on everyone else but it would be nice for us non-paying players to be brought into the equation with the rest of them, I feel we are all getting pushed to the back seats too much and i feel its not very fair that only pay players get advantages, yes i understand that we have events but take a look at what we have, TDM - aimed at the stronger players, Scoremaggedon - aimed at the stronger players, Jackpot arena - Aimed at the stronger players ( I've been in there once and because of server loads i got smashed with insane lagg to the degree i got logged out and what happened time went passed and i wasnt removed from the map due to server disconnection no i got killed how fair is that there should be protocols in place that you disconnect your removed from that Arena event completely you forfit your chance at the battle no re-enteree till next time would be fair to all players), yes also we have invasion which is AWESOME may i add as i have played that many times and enjoyed it until a friendly shoots you but I get that alot and i always stand my ground if i die so what its still fun so who's it aimed at - EVERYONE which is great but then's there's Sector Control - Aimed at the strongest of players Personally I haven't played this event yet and from the name Sector Control is pretty self explained and we also have capture the beacon - Aimed at strongest of players i hate that event personally, not to forget spaceball in 4-4 - Aimed at the strongest of players usually (no offence) noobs attack the spaceball while the strongest attack enemies to protect their team which is the aim of it to protect the people getting the spaceball to their 4-4 portal which is not at question here so the list is dominated by Strongest of players here's a easier list to read:

TDM - Aimed at the stronger players
    Scoremaggedon - Aimed at the stronger players
    Jackpot arena - Aimed at the stronger players
    invasion gate - Aimed at everyone
    Capture The Beacon - Aimed at strongest of players
    Spaceball in 4-4 - Aimed at the strongest of players
    Sector Control - Aimed at the Strongest of players

From that list it's pretty clear that's its more of a grunts ( no offence can't think of another word) game but not everyone is taking into consideration to the difference between you being the strongest, average strength and then the weakest of us all , me being between the last two as have seen people with less that myself and beat the hell outta the strongest of players that come in our maps and I'm just speechless when that happens as i get killed and they kill the enemy which is a bit shocking at times that I'm a full LF3 Goliath K2 Battle-Cruiser but that doesn't mean much in the world of Darkorbit.

Final note this has to be the longest forum post I've ever posted on any forum that includes rants i've had between myself and other people lol but thats not why I'm posting here so back to the topic at hand, If there was one other thing to add it would be that everyone should be considered more often that just the strongest of players, more events are needed to be designed to fit the WHOLE of the Dark orbit Community of Space pilots out there as there are thousands if not millions of us playing over several servers available which is great more people to play with personally yes having multiple servers is great but the lagg issue does shine through alot but thats what happens with masses of players it cant be helped which i understand but the player aimed basics need to be redesigned to a more suitable range bring every player to the table in a sense giving us players a chance to design gamemodes/events that doesn't really be aimed at killing players more being aim at a case of that your company meaning MMO , EIC , VRU whoever you allied with working together to get each other to a state in the game that we are communicating more to help each other for example not sure about everyone else but i see the new players as a newbie that require assistance in understanding the game more easier that before, I spend more time helping the newbies get to a point they are getting better ships, better equipment, better abilities in the game as for pilot sheets there's only so much help you can give like where to place the pilot points what not to use and how to better themselves but there isn't much help like that anymore 4 years ago we were working together we had in place for hunting parties to go out and if they see an enemy company they aren't the company your hunting we'd leave them be as its more of our enemy dying but now its all different everyone for themselves, back on topic now all everyone does now is hunting the enemy company in events that are using equipment and who is the strongest of them all which in my eyes needs to change to take everyone into account be the not so strong or the strongest player ever be that you or your friend, I'm not saying that people need to be stopped but limits in place of what happens out of all events there are its more of a case either Team killing or free for all but nothing much in the killing of aliens sector of the game yeah i understand content is always being added but we don't see much in the sector or a bigger range of events aimed at every player from the newbies to the veterans, from weakest to the strongest, we need some change mixed up a bit more of events like invasion and yes we could add different variation of killing players new content for everyone make more varied and fun is always important the fun of the game is dying i feel we need a revive plan in place and i believe us the community should have OUR say in it, For example everyone think of an idea go through the details with the community to get all the problems ironed out take my suggestion it has problems which i have been shown and everyone can change it about like a previous post here

That persons post made me think that there could be different variations to my suggestion and that's all good because all of us are working together without killing each other in a to the death match lol but i feel yes there more things that can be added and some removed but only one person cant do that themselves and no offence Bigpoint your idea department lacks too because im not sure of numbers but say you have 30 people there is a limit on what that 30 people can think of so say you have 95,000 people working together you have 95,000 minds synced together working on making the Dark Orbit Universe a more fun and adventurous environment for example we have maps from 1/2/3 - 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 and battlemaps 4-1 4-2 4-3 4-4 4-5 i believe that where they end, then you have pirate maps 5-1 5-2 5-3 not sure if it goes on but the map base is limited to the range we have yes more maps requires more computer power which is understandable you have a insanely power game you need a supercomputer doing the work lol but more events are limited to a time frame and less server performance requirements needed for a non lenghy time some events run for a few hours some days and others are special occasions E.G birthday gate - Dark Orbits date of it coming live so if we say have more events how much more fun you can have whereas now we have limits on what we can do how about every pilot brings an Idea to the plate and we all chip in to making events everyone likes to a better state to be submitted to bigpoint for consideration as we all know they have the last say on what we can and can't do but if we can add to the game then we can make it to a suitable level of fun and engagement.

P.S sorry for the long text :p but its a valid post and everyone can add to the game not just bigpoint in my eyes we are the player base some of us need change I'm one of them change is good if its in the right direction no need going in reverse that would be silly

have already taking that into account thats why I went back to my orignal post and edited it to sound more politer than first seen if not then im sorry im not too good at editing post never have proberly never will be either lol really sorry for my rant at the start thats why im making more of a effort to make this post polite and that starts with myself i cant change others but i can politely ask I am being more polite from the point of post edit (TOP Post) and have been going over my post if my last post is a bit off I'm sorry but thats one long post and i will go back a polite it up more if necessary

Last edited by moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  9. The idea of EGO is to feed it.

With this idea, most people in DarkOrbit would starve to death.

10. I disagree on the what you said last, but ima put it more clear so everyone can know the difference between going for a weaker player and going for a strong player..

This is what I have in my mind when I go killing whatever comes in my way which is mostly obviously weaker players, "I want to get rank points, so I gotta kill the highest number of enemies as fast as I can" with this in mind you are never gonna go look for a stronger player invading your maps, you are going to his maps to kill who ever is killing cubes or what ever, and really few people is killing cubes with double boosters, so you will almost always find weaker players, abviously you are looking for is to get the most kills with the ammo you have and dont waste all your resources.

Now when I look to play against good players and build skill, (which is what i do almost all the time, and rarely go hunting cuz i like action not just kill ships, that became boring.) I have to look for them, I mean they are not just there killing cubes, they are hunting too, obviously for weaker players to make rank points...

in my conclusion, when someone hunts, you are not gonna go and look for the strongest.. you look for the weaker, just as is in nature, the lion doesnt go for the strongest buffalo, he might win, but the lion runs out of resources to kill the next one tomorrow..
    and when someone wants to build skills, you go straight to the person you think is good or you've seen is good and there you have your fight.. same example with nature, the lion has to fight against another lion to show whos the strongest in order words to build skill and kill the next lion that attempts to take its place in the herd..

one thing is a Hunter the other is a Fighter.. thats why I dont agree with that.

Im more of a Fighter, but my problem is that I round out of resources pretty fast.

11. No, I like killing noobs

12. BallistikD

BallistikD User

Have to love the fact that in most of your ideas and in your replies are done in maybe 1 or 2 sentences. An all time record.

Its a pvp game where you are either hunted by other players or npcs. Or your hunting them down. The only way most if not all of us learned to get good at what we do was to get our cans handed to us. Working an box close to a gate to get away if need be. Learning to read and understand the mini map. Meaning count the dots as they come in.

You want a day for up and coming players. We have that everyday all day. It can be located next door to both your x1, x3 and x4 maps. It even comes with a alert display on your radar when a "bad guy" comes into the map.

Odds are you were gone for 3 years because you weren't much good at these types of games and figured your time away playing other games. Like Farmville, have improved your skills. But sadly your time away has only made things harder for you and put you even further behind the 8 ball.

Tell you what, I will right you a prespcription for a set of courage. It seems to be missing from out of your diet of wet noodles. Come and get some when your ready Harry.

13. well.. uhh.. I would like the idea of not being able to enter enemy maps during this time, but what happens if I was in enemy map the minute it started? would I automatically randomly fairytale teleport back into my own maps?

what if I was chasing some newb and I was about to win and then the minute it started, I automatically randomly farytale teleported back into my own map?

Besides.. If this was to occur, We still have the same company betraying and killing each other everyday. -.- this solves nothing

14. Remove the PvP from a PvP game for a day?! WHY

15. the idea is to give the lower level people a chance to get up there with you veterans and you all come into lowers and its not about who you see first i've already proved it when i was with 5 people less stronger than myself and 2 enemies come straight for me not the others i even found out they didnt kill the noobs so sorry no i disagree yes its a pvp game but not 24/7 its not people like myself would like to have a day that i can just blitz kill aliens and all the rubbish about rank points what the hell they for, they're a number that's it nothing more nothing less all because people want rank points is just done right stupid really i dont see the point of them as they are pretty useless in helping you fight off another player whoopie you have a rank dont make you stronger or faster the ranks are there to point out the strongest but it does absolutely nothing.

and there's is the problem smacked on the head of the nail everyone goes for noobs but when they see someone who can fight back they run off personally its unfair on them i've seen so many players join and then quit because the game is favoured to the strongest of players which has already been proven in above post there isn't much for the lower levels all because dark orbit want our money never our ideas and that has to change and so does the aim of dark orbit.

Read the top post and your see what restrictions would be active.

just so you can see it more clearly without you just skimming a post and posting a silly question thats has been answered many times in above posts

16. The reason why players hunt in lower maps, i because there's hardly any kills in uppers map. Heck, now days, it's quite rare that you'll see a full clan hunting enemy uppers, after mega happy or whatever.
    Removing PvP, wouldn't solve this, because, there still will be players, in YOUR company, that will STILL shoot you down ( as someone has stated already.)

17. Hmm, have read all threw this idea & don't really see a problem with a no kill day.

I presume the OP also means "NO KILL DAY" no same company killers either. I can see that as a plus somehow.

Often I go to lowers maps just to help out a bit here n' there & have noticed how difficult it has become to actually help. Full Havoc 1 & 2 star cruisers pounding away at the little tiny beginners. (they don't bother me too much, I just kill them)

I must admit though, when I am in lowers to help my company beginners, I get allot of nice 2 star & 1 star kills hahaha punks!!

Peace :cool:

18. Hmm, it is only once a MONTH.

19. yes i spend the most down in lowers and have been always picked out first and i understand that but it does get very annoying when you're helping someone and out the blue they die and they all of a sudden I'm dead too lol

Yes once a month event not like the whole month because that wouldn't work very well

20. yes true but they would be retricted to uppers and i have to disagree my company uppers have many people in them the most part of the server either hunts players or they cube/uber now which is understandable but before we all used to help out our new players now they join get killed several times and quit the game seen it happen too much recently and its sad because we need new people in our servers to boost the server to new heights in my views.