Accusations of Auto Locks

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by APOLLO[SKE★], Mar 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. pecanin

pecanin User

Not going to enter into all accusation things as that forces Okapi to take his pills ...

Let me just repeat what okapi has been saying for years on old forum ...Auto locks don't exist,no script exists in DO ,Bots don't exist,Shield stacking never existed,damage bug never ever existed....

Proof for what i just said can be found on old forum

that's all folks

BTW Okapi..that friend that you insisted had legit 1.7 mil shields and was hitting same as person with max lasers ...got banned ...for cheating

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Show me where I said autolocks and bot don't exist. They do and have done for many years - the first bots showed up in the old client. Please don't make things up :)

I have never said that. I have openly said all the time that bugs and glitches exist.

What?
    Agian, please explain what you are actually talking about ...

Pecanin, if you are going to accuse me of standing up for bots and autolocks then provide proof, if not then shut up.

3. pecanin

pecanin User

Accuse you ?

I did that long time ago

No need to repeat it over ad over again.

4. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

You not going to show any proof of what you accuse me of saying?
    Show me where I said bots, autolocks, damage bugs etc don't exist - if you can't then don't post and don't accuse me of saying they don't exist.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. whoeva

whoeva User

Yes, it's a 27" high resolution monitor. People saying they can't see you on screen yet you can see them simply means they are playing on a smaller resolution, usually a laptop, and many of them don't seem to understand that you can easily lock them without showing on their screen. It does give you an advantage but again, you can't shoot them outside of the range, at which point they should be able to see you anyway.

6. I think more of this as a gameplay problem, because who ever has a bigger monitor has an advantage. so they should fix it.
    so im confused, would the range of attack fix this? or if u have a bigger screen you can attack them from farther away?
    anyways i got a normal good screen so i dont have to complain much about it.

7. whoeva

whoeva User

The range of attack is the same for all players and has been reduced from what it was before so that anybody playing on normal resolutions can see the person that is shooting them.

8. yeah but i think the visual range is an advantage to who ever has a bigger screen, because you see them, you click them first and somehow you can make a strategy out of it.

9. whoeva

whoeva User

I agree :)

10. So then depending on the size of your screen we might agree that everyone should have the same visual range right? hahaha if you have a 50 inch monitor I think youll prefer not to agree xD

11. I agree.. to Disagree.. or is that a PET-a-Gree.. well time to go hunting for a BigScreen.. craigslist here eye Come.. dont worry I promise to start in the Free ads..

Ive invested so much in upgrades the IRS is watching my Credit card..

12. hahahah this guy xD good one!

13. whoeva

whoeva User

Just make sure you check the resolution. A 100" screen with a max resolution of 1920x1080 will show the same amount of space map as a 22" screen with same resolution.

14. I play on various sizes sometimes on my 19", 32" and my 51" and only difference when i play my 51" i can see a bit more , apart from that the shoting distance is the same and only thing that would affect me when i do acually lag.

Easy to tell who uses auto if you been playing a long time and i just laugh at players that do use it say you must have lag or im playing on a big screen etc lol.

15. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

As there seems to be people still saying they can see more because they have a bigger monitor or higher resolution, I will try to explain.

Monitor Size
    If the size of the monitor made a difference then if you open a browser window,

Make the window so that the game area is about 1/4 of the size of the monitor with equal length height and width.
    Take a screen shot and save it.

Then drag the window maintaining it's aspect ratio ( so the height is still the same as the width.) so it is much bigger.
    compare what you see with the screen shot image.

The viewing distance does not change. Therefore I would say with reasonable confidence
    , the size of the monitor does not affect the ship to ship viewing distance.

Resolution.
    Set your monitor resolution low make the browser window square and take a screen shot.
    Make the monitor resolution high, then if necessary readjust the browser window so it is once again square and compare the viewing distance with the screen shot.

The viewing distance does not change. Therefore I would say with reasonable confidence,
    resolution does not affect the ship to ship viewing distance.

Aspect Ratio.
    Now significantly change the aspect ratio and compare the view distance.

It would appear that the horizontal viewing distance is fixed, however the vertical viewing distance can be significantly affect by the aspect ratio of the viewing area.

I would say the game should have a fixed aspect ration so that we all see the same relative distance.

The only issue here is;
    either the image would become distorted for different monitor aspect ratios.
    or the monitor would need to be not completely filled, either vertically, or horizontally, to give the same aspect ration for all.

The attack range is fixed it always has been. The only difference is that a player can get a lock on a ship when the other ship cannot even see who has got a lock on them.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  16. Intangible

Intangible User

I still think the lordokia's are autolockers. ;)

I

17. Omega

Omega User

blah blah blah . u r wrong pacman give it up and stop spamming

18. *J*A*W*S*

*J*A*W*S* User

I could not care less what size the screen is, When I run out of the screen and emp and don't stop, leaving the turkey behind, noone hitting me anymore, then I cloak turn back and they have my lock, that's done by automation, I don't care what anyone says, either that or the game doesn't work properly. and besides its just obvious isn't it. it still exists and it still annoys me people are so nooby they have to use it.

Blue~Lazer likes this.
  19. So.. one day I'm in 1-8 killing a few enemy ships. This guy comes along and nails me good. Generally I don't run but game wisdom told me I aint gona win this one so I booked it dropping a slow ya down mine .. cloak and emp. I could see his dot chasing me so into 1-7 I go. I'm half way across the map and I see his dot appear in the port. So I know now he is running a script to lock me. Now I'm near the 1-7 and 1-5 port so I jump and head for 4-5 port. Just as I get to the port I see his dot appear in the farthest port 1-7 and 2-5.. Hmm he still has me locked.

Auto Lockers do exist. Dark Orbit needs to go BUY the damn script and rip the code apart and come up with a solution. Far too many are now using the tool and it is ticking off allot of good players and spenders. Why in the hell would I spend money on a game that rewards the cheats? Give me one good reason and perhaps I'll spend again.

Get rid of the script users once and for all.

Peace :cool:

20. Omega

Omega User

they do exist .but the part with the red dot on the map is a glitch it happens to me pretty often... I've tried it with 2 of my accounts locking one with the other and jumping port and going randomly on the map// it happens sometimes. and yeah they do exist but some get banned now ..still some don't