Alien Armor Design

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Dec 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. VESPID

VESPID User

Hmmm......Good point, I adjusted the post and please make your next suggestion alot less veiled.

Well yea, if you killed the right number of ubers.
    I'm not sure if a cube is considered an uber since there is no boss of that type of alien that I have seen.
    Oh and I have adjusted the post to address that veiled suggestion.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  2. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Once upon there was a darkorbit user named SwordMeow. When this mechanic was implemented, this user thought about how it could be manipulated for a few minutes. He then proceeded to jump in his spearhead, ajumped to 4-5, and killed 100 Uber Mordons. He now has the equivalent of 10 laser slots on his spearhead, and an extra 80,000 base hitpoints. SwordMeow now waits upon his clanmates to join him to kill uber kristallons.

TheTaser(V) likes this.
  3. VESPID

VESPID User

Right!!! This is not an easy path.
    Clanmates aren't always available to assist.
    I usually fly 4-5 alone in my Spear.

4. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Do you see the problem?

5. VESPID

VESPID User

Problem?
    I see a challenge, and a worthy reward for anyone that wishes it.

6. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Including ues.

7. VESPID

VESPID User

That will always be an in game reality.

8. Sociopath

Sociopath User

I'm going to lay it all out on the table for you. Before every idea, you should not think of how this will help the average noob. You should first think of how this would affect Ue v. Fe battles. Will it help the fe, or hurt? Implementing this would severely overpower spearhead, replacing goliath as the new standard ue ship- or in the very least, offer up huge competition.

Not only that, but it widens the gap betwen ues and noobs. I thought this idea was intended to help close that?

9. Worst idea I had ever seen in my history of Dark Orbit.

10. VESPID

VESPID User

There will never be any idea that won't in any way assist the FE or UFE since most ideas, even the restricted ones assist either ships, chips or designs of all sorts in game.

11. I don't get what your fetish is with credit ships. They are junk, should not be flown, and don't need a boost. I had a fe piranha jump me in 3-4 the other day. He quickly died. The issue with him was...wait for it....He was in a blasted noob credit ship. Simple as that. If he was in a goli, he'd probably have popped me. Credit ships do not need a boost.

My challenge for you is, try to make an idea that benefits a basic fe user, or at least an idea that doesn't receive 90% bad responses.

Sociopath, loved your story;)

12. VESPID

VESPID User

Wow so junky credit ships that pop too easily shouldn't get upgrades but anything a basic Fe user needs should???

You do realize that a basic Fe user can use any and all of the ideas I have submitted including this one too.

13. Yes, exactly. Junky credit ships should not get upgrades. Now you've got it:oops:

14. VESPID

VESPID User

What about all them basic Fe users that want this idea to be implemented???

15. Do you see any?

16. VESPID

VESPID User

Oh yea, but they have given up with the forum members to actually release or even support any good ideas.
    I can't imagine why....lol.

17. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

Complicated and not needed, no.

18. Another idea that isn't needed nor wanted. And an overly complicated idea at that. But what do you really expect when you see VESPID as the author.

19. VESPID

VESPID User

The lack of complication regarding thinking is hardly a real reason to oppose, that is no better than just speaking louder to someone that speaks a different language as opposed to just learning that language.

As always, thank you guys for trying....

20. You keep saying this in virtually every thread you post, and yet there has been no one to step forward and say they want this or any idea you have been posting.

Problems I see with this idea, too complicated and how would one track this? Another meaningless window on the game interface? It is already cluttered enough imo.
    This idea is flawed in that it would take too much time and energy that the casual player wouldn't expend on it and even the hardcore ones wouldn't be interested in. I have seen nothing but people telling you it is flawed and not needed and even given you constructive criticism on it but you turn a blind eye.

This design should be put on the farthest back back burner til you can come up with a feasible way to make this work.