Another way to get palladium

Discussion in 'Update & Idea Pool' started by JonattasJK, Oct 31, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. JonattasJK

JonattasJK User

Hello pilots! Before presenting the idea, it is necessary to talk about the reason for it.

The reason:

To assemble the Zeta portal, for example, it is common to use almost 2 thousand gg energies. If you're unlucky, over 2000. So we'll average the 2,000 gg energies.
    Each gg energy equals 15 palladium.
    So, you need to get 30,000 palladium to build a portal.

And collecting "pebble by pebble" can be very BORING because of the monotony and repetition. Which makes many get bored with the game. Commonly some abandon the game when setting up the portals.

And that's where my idea comes into play!

The idea:

NPCs from maps 5-1, 5-2 and 5-3, when dropping their charge when they explode, would drop a certain amount of Palladium along with the other resources, allowing it to be possible to collect palladium in a new way.

Killing NPCs is more fun than clicking on the pebbles to get them, so with this simple addition of a loadout resource, the process of getting the 30,000 palladium would become a lot more fun. And of course, it will be possible to catch palladium in both ways, alternating the routine.

Important variation:

Maybe some might feel that this change is bad for the main flow of the game and that's why I thought of the following variation: The idea applies as a weekly event and not as a permanent change. That is, on one day of the week the pirate NPCs would drop Palladium and on other days they would not.
    It is also possible to consider having only palladium in the charges during this event.
    This variation can be discussed in the comments.

Technical questions:
    The amount of palladium in each NPC's payload depends on the developers' opinion on game balance. But certainly stronger NPCs would give more palladium while weaker NPCs would give less. (I think this part was obvious, but come on).

One of the most striking features of pirate maps is the impossibility of going backwards, you cannot go from 5-3 to 5-2 through a portal, and the abundance of palladium is at 5-3. This causes logistics that, if removed, would de-characterize the portal. So it would be interesting for NPCs on map 5-3 to drop more Palladium. Or, perhaps, 5-2's NPCs simply don't have Palladium in their payloads, thus maintaining this characteristic of the game design of these maps. But in this case, it is also up to the developers to adapt the idea to preserve the central proposals of the game.

Obs:
    I know it's possible to get palladium from pirate ubers, but it's a negligible amount.

Original post: https://board-pt.darkorbit.com/threads/palladium-na-carga-dos-piratas.112517/

2. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

That I'm afraid is by design. The whole game over the years has developed into boredom followed by tedium, with a lot of mind numbing repetition thrown in for good measure. Wait till you get to some of the quests you have to kill 35k of X npc - You think collecting palli is boring - LOL

This is the first time I've seen a post about making it easier to get palli for a good while but they used to be very common.
    If collecting palli is too boring for you and shooting npc's is better - Shoot npc's and use uri to spin gates, hundreds of us do it every week.

3. JonattasJK

JonattasJK User

You are right. I'd rather kill 35,000 from an NPC than get 35,000 palladiuns. So currently the only reason I go to 5-3 is to kill bots.

but see that I'm not asking to be necessarily easier, just to have a different option.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  4. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

You're asking for it to be made easier/faster to collect palli.
    Palli is good just the way it is.
    It is meant to be time consuming and boring to collect. Unfortunately botters have taken over palli (as they have most aspects of the game), adding options to collect palli via npc kills only gives botters another advantage over everyone who doesn't bot.

5. JonattasJK

JonattasJK User

In this you are terribly wrong. I don't know what you imagined, but when implementing an idea like this, it's up to the devs to develop a balanced game design, being able to guarantee that the second way takes as long as the first way, it's just an alternative.

If you imagined that killing a interceptor would drop a lot of palladium, that's your interpretation and it's not part of the idea and so it's not my fault.

Nowadays practically only BOTs get palladium, I don't know what game you're playing. The solution to this is to deal with the bots, not limit the game because of the bots.
    in fact, everything that is boring, practically only BOTs do.

6. If you think about it everything in the game is repetition and all can be boring if that's all you do, the way to stop boredom is to change what you are doing all the time so not to be reputation!!!

JonattasJK likes this.
  7. JonattasJK

JonattasJK User

Yes, thanks for the reply.
    My idea would be an option to be able to switch the way to collect palladium. A little bit I kill NPC and a little bit I pick up pebbles.
    But you are correct, if I collect palladium once a week and not every day it is actually much more acceptable :D