attacking level caps?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by vampirekiss, May 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Because then all the panzies who are too scared to fight will hide in the lowers. Think people.

GHOSTofMarz likes this.
  2. being attack by higher level ships is how you learn to play besides it isn't the level you could have a lower level ship say level 12 ship fully bioed out and upgraded. I have been popped 4727 times never once complained it is the nature of the game and you learn something after each pop. It makes people learn the game tactics and while I normally will never shoot a really weaker ship than mine some do and you have to learn to adapt to it.

-Llewcoch- likes this.
  3. Let me ask you this, do you think that DO should close some servers down if they dont have a certain amount of populus and just merge it with a previous server?

4. In a way low server populations help with noob poping. Lower populations also mean there are less UFE and FE to help clear a map when an enemy is inside of one therefore making it easier t hunt IF you can find something to actually catch. Messing with the levels wont help much at this point in time because there are not enough new player anyhow to benefit from this theory. New players do join but stop at around level 12 or a bit higher because they either die, people in chat are mean, or they notice how much DO cost to be a "Free" game (Please dont argue with me on the free game part).

When you first start playing DO they hook you with a real nice video

and pictures that DO NOT EXIST [​IMG]
    in dark orbit or at least in the actual servers and when you first play compared to these it sucks, its horribly boring, now granted you give the game a try to get settled in and actually try the game out.

You soon realize gonna be difficult ( as of January 2014 not talking about the past here) to get Full Elite let alone UFE.
    People suggest clans but on the oldest servers, almost all of the clans require you to be FE to join for help + new credit limit thing. So then we come down to making credits in lowered your getting destroyed by enemies but do to the fact server is just barely populated you call in chat for hours for help, no response so you quite. If a new player gets this type of day constantly they wont stay. Players will only play as long as they thinks its fun even if they DO know it is a waste of time. This is no a matter of people crying if it was just about people crying we would still see a large server population. ATM i can not figure out to make it easier on noobs in general when it comes to terms with PvP because FE, and UFE will hunt them. Any system to reduce rewards for them wont matter cause they will still be poped even if they gave 1 credit and honor, and ideas that totally remove attack options will always be considered unfair to stronger players.

5. H'mm, I think we may be left to our own devices on this one. Maybe FE and UFE
    players can use some discretion when hunting.The weekend I took my observation
    I tried to look for a reason not to pop someone I spared one guy because he fought
    back even though he new he was no match:p(lolz he was probably thinking y did he
    let me live) Probably could have had 3x as many kills but still had fun just watching the
    newbs battle. So maybe we don't have to kill every newb we come across at least until
    the numbers come up.:cool:I think the newb hunters should want to hunt people a bit closer
    in strength too relieve some pressure.When the numbers get back up bash away.This
    may or may not help just a thought.

6. Sadly Discretion is all we have. To be sincere, I pop noobs too, just as much as I pop UFE and FE's, the problem is that the FE and UFE seem to stay at port more than usual, or they just dont come on as much, and that kinda messes things up. Usually, when I pop a player who is noob, I tell em to pick the highest level NPC they can attack and I will assist them in killing it, whether it be BBK or UBK or Cube, i dont accept invites, that way that player can get cred for the kill of that npc

_-DarkOverLord-_ likes this.
  7. Being popped at lower levels just gave me and some I know incentive to play till we were strong enough to pop those who had popped us when we was lower level or weaker

8. Agreed CptCooter™I actually remember the day I turned the corner in the game It
    was the day I got some revenge.(As a newb popped the 2 star that had been farming me for weeks. Lolz he lagged out while trying jump was able to pop him.I know that didn't take much skill but felt good nonetheless) Back then there were a constant supply of newbs joining everyday, other newbs and clans worked together,and strong players protected lowers.A newb today would look at the UFE that keeps popping them and look at what it takes to even stand a chance,:eek:LOLZ would be HELL I'M OUTTA HERE:p

9. Thats the spirit, no crying or moaning, just get better and stronger and get revenge