Auction Changes / Updates / Ideas

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by нuηтιηgмα¢нιηє™, May 5, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Auction Changes / Updates / Ideas:
    Ok, during this post I will discuss a few ideas of changes and new features for the current auction system, I know this has been updated recently but it could do with more work; in my opinion. I will separate each section so you can read certain ones and not all if you get board. :) Here are my ideas.

Section 1: "Existing" features which should have changes:
    1. Seeing prices of users bids - Ok, so I think that you should not be able to see what people put onto something in the bids. Fair enough that its an "Auction" but every time a user bids, another user will always outbid that user by 10,000 Credits. This causes frustration to the users and I think to have a successful auction you should not see how many credits people bid. Like the old times.

Section 2: "New" features which should be added:
    1. Optimize the Auction - I seem to have less Frames Per Second (FPS) on the Auction page than in-game, which is causing me a delay when I place a bid, it takes me an average of 30 seconds to place a bid, and of which that time; the bid as proceeded onto the next hour. I feel like the Auction page needs to be improved and more optimized for better performance.

2. Muti-Bid - I personally think you should be able to have the advantage to have a rapid bid, where you can place all your numbers in the bids you want, then click 'BID ALL' which should be a new button at the end of the page which will bid on all the things you have selected, this saves time instead of waiting 30 seconds for every bid. This should only be added if you cannot see users current bids. Otherwise it's going to be chaos.

3. Add MCB-25 (X2) Ammunition to the daily auction - Having this said, make it so that you are bidding for 10,000 units of ammunition, this will help out the noobie players since they can bid for them.

4. Add MCB-50 (X3) Ammunition to the daily auction - Same for MCB-25, 10,000 units should be sold per day during this auction. Mostly for the noobie players to bid on during every day; because honestly, what is 1,000 ammo going to do... I am pretty much UFE, I'm giving these update ideas to help noobie players because its unfair for them.

5. Add SAB-50 (SAB) Ammunition to the daily auction - Same applies to the above idea. 10,000 units sold per day again.

6. Add ACM-1 (ACM) Mines to the daily auction - This would sell 100 units per day for users to bid on. Implementing this into the daily auction will give players the benefit for more bidding since its one of the most populated mines on the game used for ISH & SMB. Players will MAX ammunition/mines should be able to bid on this though. 10 Units from the hourly bid is not enough, implement a daily auction of this mine.

7. Add PLT 2021 & 3030 (2021/3030) Rockets to the daily auction - Same reasons as everything said above, but make this sell about 500-1000 units per day. This should be another thing that players with MAX ammunition should be able to bid on, it gives the advantage for players to have 'something' to bid on during the day if they have everything already. This sets a challenge towards UFE players to bid high for them if they are in need of them.

8. Add Log-Disks (LGF) to the daily auction - Ok, most of you may disagree, but I think this is something that should be added to the daily auction, since 3 is not enough, I think 15 is; for the daily auction. 24 hours for players to get 15 log disks. Would probably go for a very high price though.

9. Add a new Multi-Booster item to the game, and to the weekly auction - This would give you all the current boosters on the game for 10 hours, having this on the weekly bid will make players desperate for it since they can have this in addition to their double boosters from MHH. This would probably go for a lot of credits on the auction. Note: This would stack with the normal boosters but would not make it 30% damage, it would stay as 20% if double boosted.

10. Add a Mega Happy Hour Auction (MHHA) to the Auction system -
    This could be an official event every now and then, a mega happy hour event every week or a GOLD PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP event only, where you have to be Premium to be able to join in.

Maybe this should be titled "The Auction Event" being a new feature different to all this. But anyway, this would be a new event feature, where every Mega Happy Hour there will be a new page in the auction called "MHH" and what it would be is the same as normal bids but the countdown is every 6 hours. In this page players will have the ability to bid for all drone formations, and all MHH related items/boosters. Another thing that people would want but most people would hate is having P.E.T Protocols & Gear to the auction. But think about it, only 4 bids on everything per week... Note that the page will be removed once the Ammunition is gone the 24 hours later, making it so you can only bid 4 times per Mega Happy Hour. This will make players bid high amount of credits for what they need. A list below shows some specific examples.

10.1. X4 Ammunition - This should be added to the MHH auction, which would give players who win the bid only 5,000 units of ammunition; making the max amount per week/mhh event '20,000'. Although this is not added in the MHH shop, it should be added as an auction event.

10.2. RSB-75 Ammunition - This should also be added, the amount of ammunition units sold should be 2,500, making it 10,000 max by the end of the event.

10.3. EMP-01 Burst - This should sell 10 units on the auction, making it 40 max.

10.4. P.E.T Fuel - This would be another item added. 25,000 units of fuel should be sold per 6 hours, making it 100,000 max per event.

10.5. P.E.T Repairer 1/2/3 - All should be added, or maybe only the first 1 or 2 should. But this is just an example. 4 sold per event.

10.6. D.M.G B02 Booster - An example of a booster being on the list. This would sell 10 hours per bid. Making it 40 hours max, but the cost... People would bid mad amounts of credits on this stuff. Credits are useless on this game when people have everything, only thing people bid on now are Log Disks and Boosters, adding all these give players the advantage to bid on more things instead of the same exact thing over and over... so boring...

10.7. Log Disks - Maybe these should be added, sell about 30 or 60 per 6 hours, making it 120 or 240 max after the event. I know it seems a lot, but think about how much EVERYONE wants them, the price is going to be insane. This just makes people use their credits even more. I honestly would bid 500 million credits for this... Then that's all my credits gone and ill be out smashing NPCs for more for the next week. Because come on, what is 3 log disks on hourly bid going to do when you need 700 odd... that's why I don't bother with the bidding on them. I just stick to boosters, which that's all there is to bid on these days, that's why we need everything in there. Credits go nowhere anymore, Since you get them back after you lose a bid.

10.8. Booty Keys - Woahhhh... am I seriously saying this, people must be out of your mind lol. But yes, booty keys, only 5 per 6 hours, 20 max per week. Everyone wants them, everyone bids, more things to spend credits on, there's that much stuff people don't know what to put their 2 billion on since it will go that quick with all this.

10.9. LF4, Hercules, Havoc - Not going to even go there, because I completely disagree with having this on here, so this is being here said because I want to make it clear that I would prefer if these were not on there. Even if you bid 5 billion credits, even if its one per month, people spend so much Uridium on this game for this stuff, so I'm making it clear that this should not be added.

10.10. Extra Energy - Oh this is a strange one. Yeah why not, what harm are 25 extra Galaxy Gate Spins going to do, 100 max per event. This is helpful for people, I would go for this.

10.11. Uridium - Let's all bid for 5,000 Uridium, who can bid 500 million credits first for only 5000 Uridium, come on, it's not worth it, so add it. What's 5000 Uridium going to do?

10.12. Upgrade Time! - Ok, another strange one, don't know how it would work, but every time you win this, you will be given an item called "Upgrade Voucher" where you can use it for ONE free upgrade on any item in the upgrade menu. Use it good and effectively, maybe on the last upgrade level 16 for something. This voucher gives a 100% chance of win. This gives you one voucher per 6 hours on the auction, 4 max per event.

10.13. Repair Voucher - Ok, 10 free repair vouchers every 6 hours for whoever wins the bid, 40 max per event.

10.14 - Jump Credit - 10 free jump credits every 6 hours for whoever wins the bid, 40 max per event.

There could also be many more things added, up to about 50 items could be added that EVERYONE would want, but you can't win them all, someone ight want to bid 500 mill on RSB, or on X4, or Emps or the upgrade voucher, there are that many good things you can't win them all. You could even add TECH Items to the list like Battle Repair Bot... There are soo much things you can do.

What do you all think, please leave a comment if you read this, saying what your on about. Example "Section 2: 10.7, I don't think log disks should be in there if a MHH auction event was added, -1 from me" or "Section 2: 7, yeah add them to the daily bid!" Etc... Share your opinions!

sirpwnsalot34 and TheTaser(V) like this.
  2. looks like a good idea in some senses but others we all know will never happen as it is some of BP's money makers (designs, uri etc). hope some of this gets implemented!

3. Premium? too cheap. Almost everybody is premium. Never put pet or its gears and protocols in auction. Others, I may agree. Mega happy hour should be for everyone not just premium wallet warriors.

4. lol to many things at once dang I agree with section 1 number 1 and also section 2 i thru 3 and maybe pet fuel but no protos or gears for pet in auction whole point of it is to work at it some to get what is needed on that just my thoughts on it. Booty keys no. a few more log disc would be good but nothing like rsb or anything that comes out when mega is on shouldn't be in auction . more acm mines per bid is also a good idea wouldn't mind just having jump credits in the hourly bids more sab ammo i think is good to. will come back later and post more lol after I get though reading everything.

5. The auction was made to help newbies build to FE status not UFE status:)

6. Yes add pet stuff to the auction. The pet is one of the things like bio; ridiculously expensive to max out. I liked most of the stuff on there, but you forgot about xenomit. They could add it into the bid 1k units at a time and completely remove it from GG and BB. That would be great!
    You add jump credits and rep credits to the bid and they have even less of a reason to give us event boxes with those items in them.
    Multi bid, definitely. You could do it on the old auction so why not now?
    You shouldn't have to be premium to use it though. I'm premium, but I'd still be against that.

7. Come on, pet to auction? Ridiculous it will never happen!

8. SauronL

SauronL User

i dont want daily x2/x3/sab until they will not expand our AMMO space

about all , good idea , dont agree with something like MHH and x4 but i really love LOG DISK idea , it makes me cry if i can see 3 log disks in auction (hourly) lmao that makes me cry - i need logdisks in thousands for a pilot point , 3 log disks will give me nothing

i want more logdisks in hourly auction than just 3

9. Why do you think having the pet and pet items in the auction is ridiculous? We have the venom in the auction...that was only available for cash before.

10. Yeah true, but there needs to be a stage 2 so they can build to UFE, slightly and slowly though auction; having more things to spend their credits on, because honestly, what else is there to bid on when your FE? Log Disks and boosters, maybe cloaks... not gonna get far just bidding on them.

11. Yeah, Xenomit is great and can't get enough of it, having just 10 units per bid on the hourly us useless lol, I could add soo much more but I don't want to write a life story of the DarkOrbit auction system lol

12. It can only happen if users/players of the community would like it to happen. But being negative saying "Oh no that will never happen!" just means DarkOrbit would never add it.

13. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Section 1: "Existing" features which should have changes:
    1. Seeing prices of users bids - Agreed

Section 2: "New" features which should be added:
    1. Optimize the Auction - Agreed
    2. Muti-Bid - Agreed
    3. Add MCB-25 (X2) Ammunition to the daily auction - 10k seems normal, 1k is ridiculous atm, so agreed

4. Add MCB-50 (X3) Ammunition to the daily auction - same reason, agreed

5. Add SAB-50 (SAB) Ammunition to the daily auction - Same applies to the above idea. 10,000 units sold per day again.

6. Add ACM-1 (ACM) Mines to the daily auction - dirty gits lowered it to 10 without telling anyone. yh increse it, agreed

7. Add PLT 2021 & 3030 (2021/3030) Rockets to the daily auction - 50 is a bit low, id say 100-500, no more.

8. Add Log-Disks (LGF) to the daily auction - i'd say 10.

9. Add a new Multi-Booster item to the game, and to the weekly auction - no, no way, never ever. seems okay but would give an unfair advantage to players. also makes it cheaper to get a bunch of boosters in one go.
    10. Add a Mega Happy Hour Auction (MHHA) to the Auction system -
    seems like it'd lag up auction a bit more. heck bp struggle to deal with lag already.

10.1. X4 Ammunition - no, x4's meant to be rare and hard to obtain. you can get loads if you use gg spins.
    10.2. RSB-75 Ammunition - no, though i think it should be added to gg spins.

10.3. EMP-01 Burst - AT LAST, AGREEED, but to daily auction.

10.4. P.E.T Fuel - Agreed, but i'd rather it be once every hour auction, maybe limit it to 10k fuel.

10.5. P.E.T Repairer 1/2/3 - no, it's a pet cpu, so no way
    10.6. D.M.G B02 Booster - no, those boosters are pretty neat and the effects should only be there if you actually pay for it with uridium
    10.7. Log Disks - no

10.8. Booty Keys - no

10.10. Extra Energy - no

10.11. Uridium - no

10.12. Upgrade Time! - no, but off topic, there should be an upgrade DAY. theres a limit to how many upgrades can be done in an hour plus not everyone can make it on time for that hour...

10.13. Repair Voucher - whats the point, you can get enough of those from gg spins

10.14 - Jump Credit - yeah, but to daily.

14. 7. I said 500-1000 not 50 lol
    8. Sounds fair enough
    9. The Multi Booster thing, it's just every booster as a bundle, per week, for only 1 player on the server, I think that's fair to be honest.
    10.12. Yeah agreed.
    10.13. Just some more crap to bid on when you have too much credz

15. Seraphim

Seraphim User

oops, my mistake, i was referring to the amount in auction at present.
    sorry, i should have made it clearer.

16. It's fine, we all make mistakes, and yeah I nearly said the same until I checked again lol, Stupid auction at the moment with its 50 units... mad, I can't even bid on them coz I'm full lol :p

17. Why did you say no to booty keys and log disks in the daily auction?
    Why say yes to pet fuel but no to pet cpus?

18. Seraphim

Seraphim User

If booty keys were to go in, loads of players would complain that they spent loads of £/$ on booty keys.
    I said yes to log disks for the daily, rather increase them to 10 log disks per hour. I was thinking that log disks there would suffice instead a daily auction involving log disks.
    But i guess it does seems like a decent idea to have a stack load in the daily auction.
    1 of the 2, daily increased or a lot more in daily.

Yes to pet fuel because it doesn't cost much and we need huge figures of it.

Pet cpu vary in levels (too many to add to auction); also incredibly useful. Unfair if players had to save up a lot of urid to buy these if they suddenly appear on auction.

19. What you're saying doesn't make much sense because I had to buy my aegis with 250k uridium. I spent months saving up that much uridium. Is it unfair that it's on the auction now? Heck no. Good for them to finally put it out for credits. P.E.T. gears and protocols are FAR less useful than an aegis.(except for kamikaze but you need premium for that) They're also cheaper. DO has put the special skill designs on auction so why not the pet stuff? It would make a lot of sense to do that.
    Same with the keys. I say stuff it to those that complain. I spent hundreds of thousands of uridium on booty keys and I would not hesitate for a second to see them available for credits. None of that bothers me. Those that complain about progress should simply be ignored in my opinion. :p

20. Honestly, all those begging for pet in auction are true noobs. That's it for today.