Bots and Cheats ...

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by ASTRAEA, Jan 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Thats why I liked the old client...memories

gb44, Dark-Xenon and jayherbo like this.
  2. Azarameus

Azarameus User

I started playing this game in 2009 and enjoyed it a lot.
    When I saw the rise of the botters I thought hmm okay it's just another challenge to click the NPC first before the bot to complete my mission and they don't shoot back so that helps with PvP missions.
    When I saw the PvP cheaters with their magical locks I just died and didn't complain.
    I just stopped paying real money, as I will never support a game in which cheats are allowed to prosper.
    But when I get popped by a train of 8 players it really is time to consider if it is worth bothering with when the developers appear to be doing absolutely nothing to deal with such blatant abuse of the T&C of the game.
    Will the last honest player please turn off the lights.

3. Excessive

Excessive User

That too will more than likely be automated.

EmperorOfTheOrbit likes this.
  4. oTiKio

oTiKio User

Yo do notice that on every map there are more and more low lvl train ships ?? What do you think this means ?? People are massively creating and botting low maps to get there trains in 1-2 years there will be 10000 % more trains in the game so no they will not fix it only trains gonna be left.

Dark-Xenon likes this.
  5. Cause of this bad client bad support total ignorant to their own T&C is the reason my rebate is over doubler is over and only 1 month of premium left and I will forever be leaving the game along with all the other legit players.
    I feel like they need the room for all the cheaters they are bringing to the game!!!
    Pretty sad when they call this a game as a game is suppose to be fun.
    Wonder who says yeah my bot just killed that event now lets login and play(wait play with who?)wait a minute I will have to contact all my friends first see if anyone else is on so we can play together.
    Just sounds like a trash game now to me (been playing since 2012 was rank1 General) Now rank 61 colonel looks like I am not interested in playing anymore so will be signing off soon. Cheers

Dark-Xenon and Kellerkind like this.
  6. Kellerkind

Kellerkind User

i got banned in discord for asking them to do something about and for saying they're ignoring their own t&c's lol , been around since 2009 as well. spend over 20k in this game, i keep quitting and coming back but everytime i do there are more programs , bots , and for a couple years now, trains smh

7. I was just randomly looking at players "playing" time and some of the numbers are ridiculous. The player ranked 34 on US1 started his account on 30 Oct 2019 and has "played" 19268 hours. That equals to 18 hours a day. No such thing as bots? Riiiiight.

Dark-Xenon, Bibulus, Larrakin and 2 others like this.
  8. Either that or there are a lot of insomniac's out there!

Larrakin likes this.
  9. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell its very *HARD* to tell if someone is using an app or violating the TOS they agreed to when playing.

The only thing that can be policed is chat and the forums regarding noticing anything going on.

10. App? What App? You telling me there's a T-MOBILE or Publix/ ShopRite type App working on this Game now?

Getting to use those Digital Coupons on Dark Orbit now I guess?

11. Whatever it is, from what I can tell its not being blocked and is way better than just playing as so many dont need to actually build anything. I have seen a bunch of players just roll right by in rank playing all day long 7 days a week.

Meanwhile if I set my ship on a port to get a drink *boom* connection lost to server. I get logged out even chatting.

12. Btw Dark Orbit,... GREAT JOB!

It's incredible when a real Player can not change their drone formations while doing Double Gate Rewards on Sunday.

What a Great way to combat Botter's!

13. Star*Fire

Star*Fire User

Because of the bots rank means nothing anymore. It should be removed from the game. Then again, every event is made for them. so it might be an issue.

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ likes this.
  14. Bot's are only a problem for the 2% of players that don't use one!!!

15. Star*Fire

Star*Fire User

i was hoping it was more like 30% used them but as fast as rank span is growing daily in the last few weeks, you may just be right. It's a pretty funny thing when ya look at, the way I was raised. I was told that if you have to cheat at something, you are showing that, not only do you not have the capable but you show disrespect to yourself by showing such low Self-esteem. Guess I'm staying in the 2% and a basic space pilot at lvl 21. lol

Larrakin and PĂĽÀĐÌŅ like this.
  16. Funny thing is if I play I go down in rank and if I do not play I go up or stay the same so...?

I have to believe the game knows there are bots and make more money from them than they do the honest players but do not realize if they get rid of bots more people will play and spend. Why spend if you do not have a chance?

Last edited by moderator: Feb 20, 2023
    Star*Fire and Larrakin like this.
  17. Star*Fire

Star*Fire User

Thats my thinking never a dime till they control the bots and if we all stated this and stop spending. It just may happen.

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ likes this.
  18. Well for a pvp game the only thing I ever battle is the bad client!!!
    Everyone else are botting for rank is just a joke now the game, they aren't bringing any new players to the game just same bots botting multiple accounts.

19. Maybe they need to rename the game to Battle Bots!:D

Kellerkind and Star*Fire like this.
  20. A question I would ask is are some accounts more profitable than others. I know some that lost their accounts due to inactivity but at the same times others with the same time not playing did not. So even though some accounts may be illegal, because of botting or whatever the reason, do they profit from them. If so does that make them immune from punishment! :rolleyes::oops::confused: