Bots and Cheats ...

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by ASTRAEA, Jan 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I will say it again. I had not done a delta in a while. What is really funny is the movement that the aliens in that gate which is different from other aliens matches dead on the movement of the 'skilled players'. Note the wild jerky movements that are not possible for us. The 'other browser' seems to have a better connection than we do.

The drone glitches they know about and share never get fixed. The extra slot abilities are not cool. Sorry No you are LYING IF YOU CLAIM ITS NOT REAL. I had a player well known in the game on our ship kill list show me the glitched config and demo the damage numbers.

The game still has not been fixed. I only farm quests now. Its not fun anymore to fight computers and players using abilities I cannot buy on a legit account.

What I would like is for DO to let us know what app we can use to hold rank legit and play safely with no issues of getting account banned like the high rank players getting 40 million rank points in a few days.

2. This morning whilst I was hunting I came across a variety of bot users. The main bots I was shooting was pretty much typical, shoot once and they head to the port without retaliation. Now what is really interesting is how you mentioned characteristics which this morning I did come across what I believed to be a bot user but had a different code to everyone else. This player seemed to have a detection script of some sorts because no matter how close I tried to get they would be out of range and heading to port.

I don't understand why the developers don't just come in the game and see for themselves.

3. That's pretty standard, there are a few bots out from my understanding, and a lot of them tend to use the option to run when enemies hit the map for them. Which we all know has a decent range before we see them.

4. Nothing ever done with this ever growing bot crises. Bipoint say they do these bot ban waves but I see little evidence that it is doing anything to these bot users. I bet the developers don't even discuss about the bots when they're in their corporate briefings.

5. ok look, bots always use a certain pattern when doing npc
    Nobody wants the bots in the maps
    we all know exactly who the botters are
    so....
    i propose a new type of rocket which when fired at a player will warp that player to a type of prison map where they will need to perform certain tasks in order to be released from this map.
    So..if a ship has been npc botting and following certain patterns then that ship will begin to glow green for example (or whatever colour)
    Once glowing this then enables that ship to have a teleportation missile fired at it which will remove that ship from the map and place it in the prison map or wherever.
    This will allow the players themselves to remove the botters from their maps.
    At to this what ever you like but the general idea of being able to warp the botters into a prison map might work.
    Its highly unlikely that genuine real players will be able to mimic the precision movements of a bot thus preventing a real player from glowing green.
    It can be based on time spent in the map, pattern used when doing npc, amount of npc destroyed, number of times portal jumped, are they in a clan and so on...

One of the main issues with the bots is that we can not clear them from our own maps if they are not in a clan as we lose honour for destroying them so allow us to warp them out of the maps instead.

6. the current bot verification system works like this
    but ... just look at the maps

7. i think to be honest fix rest game issues like they are they must have big list and get game unity up and running 1st.when this is done make a new script to catch the auto fighters with there loc thingy and 1 for the botters as all events theres loads and it is hard for rest us to do much so we get fed up and log out.BUT this time give no warning if or when or wat a bot has to do ,collecting cargo is easy so they get away with it,i was thinking somethink like we know u are a bot so therefore a challenge of doing erm ...fly to map 2-3 pop 1 morden collect 1 box then goto 4-5 kill 1 lorki then fly to x8 map and mine yourself 1 time then another map with a task then log out and to enter game u have to put a code in to play .a honest player would ave no issues doing this yet a botter would have to be there for at least 7 mins as i timed my idea and there are no excuses...dont get me wrong hope it not my idea but somethink they dont tell you about and just do it in background without any warning......tc and cs do say no cheating so a warning isnt needed and these so called liers would have no excuses .....:))happy hunting bot hunters kill them all x......<<<<<hope this gets back to dark orbit team ideas help make our game fairer

8. During this event I left my ship in the middle of 1-5 with PET on guard mode in order to complete letting the enemy damage your ship objectives.
    After a few minutes I was surrounded by a round wall and got a message that I was behaiving suspiciously . It instructed me to collect the red boxes to prove I was a live person.
    It was the first time I have seen any attempts to curb the use of bots and I have to say I was actually somewhat pleased with having to verify my presence. For one brief moment I thought there may be hope for this game yet.
    Unless the botters find a way to defeat this.
    It was a minor inconvenience that I would gladly put up with as long as it doesn't interfere with my actuall game play.

You can't arm players with ammo(rockets) to send bots anywhere . Thats not our job or responsibility , it's DO's.
    That would mean anyone could send anyone else to your " prison map " on a whim and that would be wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.
    As a REAL player I reserve the right to pop bots at my discretion. But what you propose is wrong.
    Now , If you were to have a moderator patroling the maps ,lets call them the D.O.P.D. , In one of those saucer type ships I used to see way back when , then THEY would have the authority to observe , test , and sanction players which did not verify themselves .
    Players could not be trusted not to abuse that type of ammo(rocket) and harrass real players they don't like.

9. That's god damn terrible idea... I've seen some bad bot idea but jesus christ that's awful.

That aside, lets be real people, if you wanna save this game banning the botters is not the way anymore, they took too long. The player base will drop below 10% if there are not bots, the games just not fun in PvE has always been bad, which is why I only stuck to gates and PvP. Getting rid of PvP in this game (Which is the only lively thing it has and was the intended purpose regardless of what BugPoint wants to so now) is what kills it, and banning all the big ships gets rid of people for us to PvP. Due to the virus I've had plenty of time to see at my new laptop and PvE and it's killing me Mentally. It's no joke how god awful this game is, just some plain normal trash maps from early 2000s, boring missions with no real story, no purpose to the missions, just "Kills lots of the same boring NPC" like come on. The game has no future at that rate. The only thing DO needs to do is ban exploiters, ban pvp cheats, and ban scummy players. They lost their chance to remove bots.

10. I have been awake since 3am this morning on GB2 server. I went to various maps to cube and hunt ect and it's appalling that there are still dozens of bot users taking advantage of this game. Why is there is no stringent checks in the early hours of the morning. I am now sitting in 5-3 with palladium bots flooding the maps. I think it's quite audacious that the game constantly asks for microtransactions and yet the developers are still letting people excel with bot programs. If I wasn't shooting bots off cubes at the early hours of this morning, these bots would have ended up with £20 worth of uri and that alone is putting the average player at a huge disadvantage.

11. Bibulus

Bibulus User

Be careful you will get banned for shooting bots:confused:

12. The sad truth is that this; God forbid is probably true.

13. It is, lol, pop bots and you get banned for pushing.

14. Shooting enemy players is NOT pushing. How do I know they're bots . Since Dark Orbit allows them to play , then they MUST be legitimate players (RIGHT) Otherwise Dark Orbit would have removed those accts.(BANNED THEM) If THEY can't determine who's a bot , then who are they to penalize us for shooting them. Pushing implies that you are gaining unwarranted rewards but, rewards on repeat kills are diminished to "0" , so how does that qualify. If I am not getting any rewards for the kill , then it CAN'T be qualified as pushing.
    I , as a REAL PLAYER , reserve the right to shoot any enemy ship which crosses my path or otherwise interferes with my goals or game play.
    If they were to ban anyone for shootiung bots , then that would imply and prove that they (Dark Orbit) know who the bots are.
    Which would negate any excuses for not banning THEM in the first place. I will NOT be intimidated by the underwhelming majority of illegal programs. Dark Orbit and TEAM have NO moral high ground to stand on . I will continue to play and KILL or BE KILLED by whomever I please.
    "And that's all I have to say about that" (Forrest Gump)

15. I didn't say I believe in the system just that, it's pushing in this game. Hell, there's a known issue that players will suicide to the same player over and over and over again, to get them push banned for rank purposes or out of hatred for the player. And DO won't fix it if it happens, you either risk the push ban, or die by not defending yourself and being a laughing stock. It's a major issue in this game.

16. We need the actual attention of the Devs in this section, without their attention and their existence among us the issue will continue to persist. I have noticed implemented changes via the box collection for suspicious users and legitimate players coming together in a community stand so there is definitely progress; however many people are still heavily reliant on bot programs.

It is as if every time a bot comes out in Darkorbit, Bigpoint is always one step behind them. We need to get Bigpoint on board with clamping down on these bot users. I can understand why some people who would justify using bots would see us as just players who are complaining and moaning about the bots but that is not the case. I am someone who advocates against bot use, I am for the players who rely on hard work and creativity that truly hold this game together. Just by putting pressure into this thread it will get noticed in time and it is just that why we will persevere.

17. All that being said , I have to wonder whether or not a transition to the "Unity" system will have any benefits or the desired effect.
    I know very little about it.
    Do you think it would help me to understand if I went to Farmarama or Seafight just to maybe get a glimpse of what may be?
    Is there any reason to believe that bots would not prevail there also . And if not , then why? What is the difference ? What would change?
    Is there a concensuse on the improvement of the game by switching over? I played Farmarama a long time ago when it first came out and quickly got bored with it . Sortly after that I found Dark Orbit and have been playing ever since. I would love to see some replies from the DEVS in forum , with opinions and updates. However , I feel it would be more substantial if the DEVS would actually get into the game and see whats going on first hand (if they're not doing this covertly already).
    I would gladly volunteer to be the first officer of the D.O.P.D. With NO co. or clan affiliation , an organized patrol unit could quell or inhibit the use of bots with out bias (if Dark Orbit is serious about banning them)

A specialized ship, which is indestructable and gives off the signature of an NPC would be used by patrol. If a player attacks it , it would give that player a warning that you are attacking an officer of the D.O.P.D. Only a real player would see this message and cease the attack . A bot however , would not and would be destroyed and sanctioned accordingly .
    I may be grasping at straws here but, I think that direct human intervention is the way to go . Implementing my idea may be too complicated technically . And the logistics may not be cost effective . I.T. is not one of my strong suits. It's an idea and an opinion which merrits some consideration .

miniknally likes this.
  18. Just so you're aware, bots can read, it's not hard, and the bot devs would implement a fix instantly, to make the bot know what to do. That ide would not work. At this point DO needs to give up on taking out bots, otherwise the players base will drop to a near non existent and they won't get any money and the game will shut down.

19. I always bashed the bots and demanded something be done, but I come back 5+ years later, and bots are worse than ever. At this point I don't even blame them, the game just threw in yet another laser meta, a new shield meta, new ships all sorts of crap, nobody has the time to put up with them. If not for Corona Virus and everything else boring me, I wouldn't even bother with the grind right now. Bots are no longer the issue, they're DOs salvation to keep players in the game, because nobody wants to do this trashy set up of a grind. The only thing needing attention is the game problems, progression of the game, and people who cheats outside of the bots, ex. auto lock and exploits.

20. I have seen a variety of bots which seem to have diff. capabilities and diff. responses. Did not know how advanced they could be.
    I personally have gotten used to the bots and use them to my advantage. I can kick them off an NPC on an enemy map and finish quests which would be more difficult on a home map.(since a marority of them run , long before you even see them)
    I agree with the bordem part. I do play almost every day , just not for as long a time as I used to. It's a shame that D.O. has set aside the integrity of the game to apeese the lazy. Since I am one of those people who have grinded for years just to get my ship to where it is now. Always one step behind in upgrades and new weapons.(but still in it). I have avoided posting any new threads concerning bots because of the futility of it. D.O. has seem to have adopted a "don't ask , don't tell" policy. And I have adjusted my game play accordingly.

The BOTS are here to stay , of that I have no doubt. I guess it's up to each individual on how to proceed. I have not seen any significant changes which would lead me to believe that any of these post are making any impact on the game or DEVS. BUT, I am still here and will continue in my own way as long as it suits me.