Bots and Cheats ...

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by ASTRAEA, Jan 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Sure is a lot of bots still. Took a small break and skipped season 4 then came back to season 5 and there is just as may bot users now than there was before. Bigpoint clearly not even trying anymore to stop bots. Oh well easy 100 kills towards kill mission in 20 minutes a day I suppose!

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ, Seraphim and jayherbo like this.
  2. Star*Fire

Star*Fire User

"yup" the last ban was lifted and they are all back in full force. this is now a common occurrence, they ban them for a little bit, then let them back on and they start up again till the next ban. It seems to be a big part of the game now for cheaters.

3. They need to bring back drone damage.

4. 100% agreed. By taking away this in the first place they gave way to the bots making it the broken mess it is now.

5. jayherbo

jayherbo User

Strange how this thread was only created in 2022o_O and all earlier threads [2015 - 2020] were archived! Bots have been here since 2011 maybe a bit earlier, what happened to that thread :confused:

All i can say 100% is Bots are here to stay! AI is being pushed by all major Corporations', there is nothing we can do! I DON'T CONSENT TO BOTS!

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    Thunderheat and PĂĽÀĐÌŅ like this.
  6. Back when the new client came it was due to many players wanting "extras" that could not be implemented with old client. The more you have the more eyes you need or the more you ignore for the good of. Good of who? The players or the owners for the sake of money?

jayherbo likes this.
  7. Are you referring to client version? I was not aware of actual changes per these "extras" you speak of.

The idea of giving us a place to talk about it did not come until 2015. ;) Before that, the discussions were just shot down like those now outside this or the archived thread.

jayherbo likes this.
  8. Before Skylab. boosters, unlimited ammo, unlimited ore as ships had a limit to what they could carry and many more "extras that could not be implemented on old client

jayherbo likes this.
  9. lol I remember them saying "Its not possible in a browser based game"
    Proof was given, people in TS would all get murdered by the 'one config skillz' and we would note not being able to lock or damage the guy.

They said it was impossible-- well where did jackpot battle go?

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ and jayherbo like this.
  10. There were never any true hacks. People did however use exploits. Bigpoint likes to say that JPA was removed because of cheaters and the same people winning but the real reason is that they couldn't fund it anymore.

In the past people abused bugs where you could have low cooldowns on instashields or use a tech item with no cooldown. Some people even had equipment bugs on their accounts such that they could carry more lasers or guns than permitted. No one was ever able to claim a jackpot prize using a bug though because support would actually investigate your account before paying. They didn't really want to pay so they'd make sure you weren't using bugs or glitches. Towards the end of JPA, a group of players just stopped caring and knew DO wasnt going to pay them, so they just exploited nonstop causing DO to have to reschedule JPA so often that they just decided to shut it down. That plus their servers being unable to handle it.

11. What old client are you talking about?

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ likes this.
  12. Before Skylab. If you go to youtube you can see what old client looked like "that's when men were men and women were glad of it" Quote from the Three Stooges lol

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    COWBOY·FROM·HELL and jayherbo like this.
  13. So the old gaming interface. OK

14. There was a bit more to what was used in the JPB. Some of us were there for that. And of course the other TOS violations.

PĂĽÀĐÌŅ and -TACKO-[H.E] like this.
  15. AVIT

AVIT User

the ban waves state as a warning ,it last for 3 days i think . If this game lasts to 2025 it will be a miracle with the current Bigpoint policy .Now it is all about bot and sell account and us real players just stop playing sadly .

16. jayherbo

jayherbo User

Hello Space Pilots,

Today we are executing another ban wave against players that are acting against our T&C. We’re banning players that could be detected for the first time for 3 days, removed their Honor Points and they will be removed from the rankings as well. We want to emphasize that such a temporary ban is a serious warning for those players who act against our T&C. If you continue to break the rules, you risk to lose your account!

Players that could be detected again after being warned during one of the last ban waves get their account permanently closed. But this warning is not necessarily done when we detect players breaking the T&C several times during the detection period. In this case, the account will be closed without any warning.

In case of any questions, please use our support form.

Your DarkOrbit Team

I say that's a total lie from the ones doing the banning, not once have i ever ever ever seen my rank going up with all these so called ban waves!

17. I see the amount needed for next and how far away I am from the previous rank. Funny how that works but I know what we are up against and if I could post links I could show most just how prevalent the problem is!

AVIT, MacSgalpaigh and jayherbo like this.
  18. AVIT

AVIT User

i think it works by lets say where you are in the ranks ..if your high ranked and non are caught you will not notice any difference .. but if you lower ranked and the players are of a similar rank you will . dunno tho , but i agree my rank never alters too..

19. I do not think they can improve your rank only raise or lower the rank points needed. If enough get banned the rank points needed will be less and yours always stay where they were. Like you said dunno but sounds good to me lol.

jayherbo likes this.
  20. jayherbo

jayherbo User

Snake eating it's own tail?

AVIT and PĂĽÀĐÌŅ like this.