Buff Spectrum plus

Discussion in 'Update & Idea Pool' started by Shinigami777, Mar 21, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I feel like the Spectrum plus needs a buff its kinda lame when u use your abillity on someone and they just run for the duration off it while your stuck with a 50% debuff and dont have the damage to kill them. I get that the abillity returns dmg to the shooter but still if they stop attacking you , u kinda dont have anything to do . Unlike the cita plus where u got 80% dmg reduction and 0 draw back to the abillity and can tank like a champ. The normal spectrum has a 10 sec duration and a 20 debuff only . It doesn't feel like the Spectrum plus has a better abillity for a plus ship . If anyone has some ideas on how to make it better while not overbuffing it will be nice to hear , and hope the darkorbit team will listen. Ty for your time :).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  2. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Haven't put a lot of thought into this:

Passive skill - 10% enemy pvp laser damage reflection - because it means people can't just run away to outlast the reflection, and it gives spectrum plus a unique identity.

Active skill - reduce all incoming damage by 25% (pve and pvp). Increase passive (enemy pvp laser dmg reduction) by +10%, and then +2% for every 100,000 shield currently on (max 50% total at 1,500,000+ shield). maybe doesn't reflect sab/shield leech? decrease own dmg dealt by 25% - high shield build/sab identity, but also gives some benefit without shields and very small pve friendly ability.

So it's not completely useless, but makes pvp interesting.
    It'll never happen though :p bp only know nerfs

3. If it would be up to me I would make it like this:
    active skill: -90% damage for 30 seconds and you lasers would be -90% effective as well but your rockets & rocket launchers would be 200% effective. I think this would be a good counter for citadel+ as it is now as you could deal quite high dmg with rockets. Passive skills should be same as spectrum now.

4. Does are some great ideas , and an iteresting approach!My take is a bit simpler just to make the abillity like the spectrum one with 90% reduce dmg and 25% lasser debuff with the bonus damage reflection and a 15 sec use time. Its a bit basic but it keeps the spectrums idea just makes is better something like the Solace and Solace plus idea.

5. test020

test020 User

the fact that OG spectrum is better-ish than spectrum plus tells they didn't really care much when making this plus ship, damage reflection seems to be thought out against choo choo's which insta target you and that implies that in their view they wanted you to reflect the damage back and help kill the robots but good luck reacting faster than a computer.

i said back then and i say again that spec plus should have something like hecate/reitarus skill because of the big cannons on top of it but all you get is a worse version of prismatic shield, maybe reduce damage to like 45% and give it a second rocket launcher then to compensate for the 5% dmg RL?

what, do they expect people to use damage reflection in pve? against laser modules in CBS?

lol, just use cita plus, way better, cheaper and does a better job because it has no laser damage reduction and the prismatic shield lasts for 25 seconds instead of 10 seconds alongside regular damage reduction citadel fortify and it has two rocket launchers...

the funny is that cita prismatic shielding has 200 seconds cooldown while spectrum plus prismatic reflection has 180 seconds cooldown :rolleyes:

on a slightly related note, the damage reduction in lasers is something discord people said to be "way too much" in a similar way to tartarus plus, give a glance on the feedback thread in there, you can also find spectrum plus feedback thread where they call it trash as well :D
    [​IMG]