Changes to Upgrade hour

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Shᴏᴐᴋᴡᴧᴠᴇ, Aug 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just wanted to see a few modifications to the Upgrade Hour...

1) The upgrade hour should be more often... It occurs like once a month and it is only an hour and it is easy to miss so more upgrade hours should occur... leading to my next point

2) The upgrade hour is extremely easy to miss... especially as there are no direct warnings for it... It is a big event in terms of upgrading and due to the rareness of the event it should be really obvious when its on but all you get is a pop up on the hour... Jackpot Arena Event... you get 48 hours notice. Zeus/Apis/LF4/kronos/blue and red booty event you get pop ups when you log in. HH and MHH you get in game notices and backpage notices. Upgrade Hour just seems so... hidden and it should be more obvious due to its scarceness. So maybe notifications like MHH and HH as the events are both only an hour.

3) The times spent waiting for the upgrades to occur should be more efficient... whats the time for? to waste time on upgrade hour? Because thats the only thing its doing... should be like GG spins, you get them straight away ad the odds have already been chosen for you and so this should be the same with upgrades apart from we decide the odds

Hopefully at least one of these ideas gets implemented into the game... it would really improve upgrade hour if one of these things were possible

2. 1. Agreed
    2. They would rather you missed upgrade hour;)
    3. They really don't wont to give this, advertise it;)

The reason they have not done this and a few other obvious change is BP feels
    it impacts their precious money. So inefficiency is built in the game in certain areas purposely to pad the bottom line:rolleyes: It's been this way at least since 08 09. If you
    take a closer look it's pretty much everywhere some obvious some not so much;)

3. Yeah i've found that out in several cases but they really need to sort it out because imagine how much uri they'll rake in if they give people 24 hours notice... people will buy uri just for the event even if there is no HH or MHH and with your reply to number 3 what do you mean by advertise it

4. Fully agree with your ideas Shock mate, the sooner some sort of advertisement is implemented the better for all of us Big Point and Dark Orbit players alike !!

5. Being a free to play player im happy with upgrade hour being only once a month it gives me time to earn the uri to do these upgrades.

I agree Upgrade hour should be announced on the in game screen like HH & MHH.

6. If they advertised it more people would be there to get the discount. BP want the max amount of players to pay the max amount for upgrades. So what happens is you just don't know when there coming. They wont you to feel lucky you caught one;) the more you play the better the odds:rolleyes:

7. whoeva

whoeva User

Do something to improve the gaming experience for the player? What are you thinking?

8. disappointed @_-DarkOverLord-_ and @whoeva you guys dismiss the idea so quickly but i can't blame you, you're only thinking in the same way bigpoint would think

9. whoeva

whoeva User

I was being sarcastic mate sorry. I've posted many ideas I think would improve the game for the players and in turn lead to a more successful game for BP.

Upgrade hour is random but why can't it be the same random that MHH is so people get that little bit more help. I support your idea :)

10. although I agree with you, the truth is, the point of the event is to be rare, if everyone knew when it would happen, then it would lose its point. Remember DO doesnt make as much money during that upgrade hour than it would in a regular moment.

Look, sometimes we have to stop and think how a business would think. And in that thought, you would realize that making that event noticeable would remove the rarity of it. But it would be nice if it happened more than once a month.

11. whoeva

whoeva User

Now apply your logic to MHH. It's the same time every week, randomly of course. Upgrades are way too expensive for the increases you get.

Yes it is a business, and if it was conducted in a way that actually left players feeling they got something good they are more likely to be better customers.

fusion82 and Tarron like this.
  12. omg-olycat

omg-olycat User

Definitely a good idea Shockwave.

Personally, I find the upgrades far too expensive as is and will never upgrade outside of the special hours.
    Even during upgrade hour, its still on the pricey side, but more justifiable.

13. You're only thinking of a money grabbing business though... which bigpoint appears to be... however, the ones that succeed are the ones that keep their customers happy yet still recieve a lot of money and if they done something that small like give us warnings, people won't just save up, they will buy uri for the upgrade hour itself

Tarron likes this.
  14. I hate to tell you but that is how they have to think. If not then there will be no profit for bigpoint. And we as players have to understand that. This game was created to make money. I hate to say it but its true, and Im one of the fools that spent a considerable amount over the years. And now, the game is boring, same issues and drama in any company. I still think that it should happen more frequently, but if you make it too frequent then it loses its value. Look at MHH, it wasnt always every weekend, it was truly never known when it would take place, folks used DARKORBIT bible and stuff to find out. But now its every sunday for the most part, why? because its done to make money :(

15. You're acting as if upgrade hour isn't beneficial for them. If it wasn't beneficial for them, why did they put it in the game?

What i'm arguing is that they're going about it the wrong way. they can make more money from this event... if they give us a notification as to when it is or when it will be, people will spend money on uri for their upgrades. Reason why people don't do this is because they miss it and they know it is too rare and so they will most likely spend the uri before the next UH.

Also, there will always be a profit for bigpoint... but they can't just keep the same stuff and expect a rising or stable profit.

16. Silviu

Silviu User

I fully agree with all those stated above.

Since the begining of this year, i've only encountered Upgrade Hour twice o_O

17. Exactly!

Even the mods on the forumn missed the latest one and didnt add it to the Event thread on the speakers corner!

Silviu likes this.
  18. Im not saying that it shouldnt happen more than once, but not too often. That just makes it a game killer. If it happens too much, then everyone will be able to make a level 16 base, and tell me then where the fun is in that? i still believe that things need to be earned and not just handed over. I agree with you that it shouldnt be so rare, but it shouldnt be too often. Maybe every once a month, or twice, but being notified, eh I dont know, we dont get notifications when MHH comes on and its only for an hour as well.
    I see what you are saying, but it shouldnt be too easy to make level 16 modules and hulls, but it definitely should happen with abit more frequency.

19. Firstly if you think we dont get notifications when MHH is on you clearly havnt been watching... there are pop ups on every part of backpage you look at when its on and in game messages.

Also it would encourage more people to make bases and so there will be more fights to rule the maps... why wouldnt you want pvp on a pvp game? However, im assuming you're a noob whos not fond of pvp because your ship isnt as good as most on ur server which is why you're saying wheres the fun in that. But pvp is fun when you're up for it.

And also it doesnt make it a game killer if people want it... if anything it will keep players playing for longer

Sorry but i don't agree with what you're saying because i feel like your argument is too flawed

20. SauronL

SauronL User

I like your idea ,

1. I agree , 1x per month is nothing if u working at same time always.

2. Why they need to show for us pop up ? U said its here for colorful booty , zeus or apis , MHH and HH , yes cuz they will eat ours money !!! But when its discount they wont do it ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.