Changes to Upgrade hour

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Shᴏᴐᴋᴡᴧᴠᴇ, Aug 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah and bp thought we didnt see the corruption that they tried to hide but now we do and if we demand change, they have to give the customers what they want to continue making money

2. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

No one is suggesting making it every week...thats too much. About 2-3 times a month ( 2 is better in my opinion)

As Shockwave said just under your post I quoted, we get both in-game notifications and back-page notifications. In fact, I get annoyed with the back-page notifications :p
    The in-game notifications even tell you the time to the end of MHH

3. twice a month is good in my opinion. I misunderstood, i thought shockwave was saying that we should be notified prior to event. I thought that meant that a day from the event we would get a notification. That I dont think is good, but everything else is fine.

4. A free 25% off is huge in the number of uri you have saved...DO would never put it out more often, just once in a while. We all know when it is MHH, right...hehehe.

5. fusion82

fusion82 User

i agree with 3) what exactly is the time spent waiting for upgrades. i don't see the logic. i think it should be done away with. even if DO was using it to slow down the upgrades during the upgrade hour DO would would be better off letting players spend as much of their uri as possible upgrading. lvl 9 and up items take way too long to upgrade to lvl 16.

mmh isn't so random as its made out to be, it falls in the same 4 hour window on the same day of every week. upgrade hour should be the same. more would wait till that day to upgrade but think of how many more player would take advantage of it to upgrade those expensive lvl 14 or 15 items. also factor in the CBS mods as well they cost more to upgrade by far than anything else in the game.

consider making it all day long as well to give time to allow for multiple upgrades on a single item.

6. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Instead of taking away the upgrade time, maybe in upgrade hour, it could be halved or even quartered.

7. BIGPOINT sucks at all its marketing and support.. i wonder how the games even run...

they do nothing but make the games worst and worst and turn the players that play into rude punks.
    i say the pirates killed DO... lf4 and all that made it worst taking away the capabllity to sell flax for 8 mill credits at level 6 is a bad idea now newbies have NOTHING to help them and we all know the players don't give a rats tail about newbies..
    i know this by watching level 23 Venoms kill a level 5 pnut with a x4 rsb combo with uber-100 rockets

because x1 was just not good enough...

8. Well, why not? I mean this is a game that is based more on pvp than anything else. NPCs just provide the credits and uri to purchase weapons when you cant pay with real money. GRanted, too many ufes take advantage of lesser players, but remember this, when it comes to hunting, you will rarely see a predator hunt down something his/her own size and strength, They usually go for something a bit weaker lol. But me i love battling everyone, so level 5 to level 25 can still feel my lasers. But i let noobs live, no sense sometimes since you want to make it fun for them and allow them to get stronger. But what killed DO wasnt lf4 or pirates, it was the cheaters!

Now please, keep to the thread and not opinions about DO. Please try and discuss the point of this thread which is about upgrade hour. And I still think twice a month is sufficient lol

9. I dealt with cheater and got by fine made like 6 UE accounts with cheaters and i still beat them but the pirate updated every thing went down hill

and on topic hmm upgrade hour yeah sure needs to be more then once a month also i have no clue why it takes so long to upgrade something should be done when i click upgrade.

10. Its not once a month, it's every other Friday at 7pm server time, basically, 2 times a month.
    And the time should be kept in, so people don't get everything to level 16 instantly, there should be time gaps e.e

11. why? its like when you go out to a shop. you hand a cashier your money and you possess the new item straight away.
    Fact is, if you have the money you should be able to get it.
    Can you explain to me what this time gap does? apart from stopping willing players from progressing

12. btw its not every other week its once every 3 weeks but you have the date and time right

13. DO wants you to upgrade with a plus 25% not neg 25% savings :D Nothing is free in DO especially events.

14. that doesn't make sense... its not gonna cost more uridium to upgrade in upgrade hour and it doesnt if you calculate the uri you're spending+saving

15. It makes sense. Upgrade hour is 25% off then after the hour it goes back to normal, hence the 25% plus to equal the event of upgrading before it started :confused:

16. I dont get what your point is, originally you said
    But i don't really understand what that means. If you're saying they want us to upgrade and save 25% then yeah i know that cos i know what upgrade hour is... otherwise im confused

17. It is every other weekend, I payed attention to its pattern.
    And it should stay with its time, so it can balance between the Wallet Warriors and the free players with that time to upgrade; same as why it takes time to upgrade skylab, you have to wait for the resources to generate/collect.

18. fusion82

fusion82 User

im still not convinced that we need the time delay for upgrades. you can upgrade as many items as possible at on time. everything except for modules can be up graded to lvl 16 within a day to day and a 1/2 if you are actively checking your upgrades. i still don't see the reasoning of having to wait for upgrades. i am not referring to the upgrading in the sky lab

19. It's to keep the gap between free players and Wallet Warriors from going too far.
    There would be too many wallet warriors with everything maxed very fast if there was no time limit and the rest would be caught in its wake.

20. Reduce the time it takes for the item to upgrade to instant or 5-10 min. 20+ minutes per item is way too long to get anything done. I had uri to upgrade iris 5 times this past upgrade hour, i was only able to get in 3 times each due to the way too long upgrade process

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.