[UIP] Clan War - New Requirements

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by KilerStreak, Mar 15, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thought about potential changes to sending wars in Darkorbit's clans, and thought up of this idea, inspired directly from wars that have happened across the world in the past. I hope my idea here will be implemented in order to prevent random wars that impact the gameplay of new players and groups.

So, when a war happens, there is always a reason behind it. For Darkorbit, I believe that wars should only happen based on the following criteria (you can help by further expanding on this):
    • Resources were stolen from you (cargo boxes)
    • You were fired up
    • You were shot down
    We have "player tracking" data already encoded in the game, as in you are notified who has shot you down, as well as who stole your cargo box during the window you have ownership. Based on this existing information, I believe it should be fairly easy to implement my idea: Send wars only to the clans of players who have committed the "crimes" to a clan mentioned about.

Additionally, alliances can play a neat role here as well--they can get a choice to assist their ally in sending a war themselves. NAPs & existing Wars won't be impacted by this change--as in they cannot send new wars to unrelated clans.

This way, aggressors have next to no power in starting wars for fun, whereas the clan where the "crime" was committed against can if they so please. Company players simply do this to boost their own Ranking stats, with a huge penalty to the player being shot down.
    With this system, aggressors cannot take warring to such liberties, and will be forced to go after enemies, or stronger players who actually will war them.

PSK~SUNDANCE and DEXTER-MORGAN like this.
  2. Something does need to change with clan wars, for a start they need to put wars back to something more sensible regarding the time period as a war that lasts for 100 days is simply ridiculous, put it back to something sensible like 2 weeks.

Secondly, like i have said in previous posts there needs to be some kind of cool down on joining and leaving clans as at the moment high ranking botting clans send you war and then they all leave the clan during the week so we cant even pop them and then they re-join on a sat in order to build up all the bases and put ep/hon mods on them all ready for Sunday! This is a ridiculous loophole in the game.
    Putting a 1 week cool down on re-joining a clan would put all of this to an end and prevent this loophole from being manipulated. It will also make people choose more wisely when selecting a clan to join.

KilerStreak likes this.
  3. Honestly Guy's you don't think the developers know what's going on come on open your eyes.

KilerStreak likes this.
  4. Here is my thought on how the game can manage clans and bot's a bit easier so they don't get as much advantage as they are getting.
    How about instead of trying to limit when you can enter a clan after leaving my suggestion would be to put a limit as to how much rank can be in one clan, then all the top (bot) Players can't enter into the same clan cause it would limit them to how many can actually enter.
    Also they could make it so when you leave a clan you can't re-enter that same clan for 30 days, this would stop bot abusers from leaving a clan to bot so war clans can't kill them or if they do they take -honor for it.
    Also I can't wrap my head around the idea of why a top player can wreck or abuse smaller players without being punished but a legit player kills a bot over and over can be punished for pushing, It's almost as if Bp is protecting the bot's so they don't quit.
    Just wonder which one it is. Enjoy the game

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  5. I like the second phrase of your idea, but the first one doesn't matter. What if all the top players want to be together in one clan? All for them.

6. WE_ARE_RPM

WE_ARE_RPM User

Let's be honest, does anyone actually steal cargo boxes? For special events, you get a box that is just for you, so nobody can take it anyways.

I don't know what "you were fired up" means.. but it sounds like the same way wars are sent now.. because you're a hot head, and you wanna intimidate others.

The 3rd choice, being shot down.. I mean.. Huh? You realize that's what starts wars now?

If you're trying to protect the noob clans and players from wars, the result is simple.. you just give them pvp protection until they reach a certain level, or have a certain equipment spec.

Ideally, the thing to do would be as follows: players can only be shot down x amount of times per day, or per hour, not only will this get rid of frustrations, but it will get ride of pushing too. It can be done, take special events for example, offering player protection, and the pve server as good examples. Resolution 2, allow pvp to only take place in bmaps. This will allow people to peacefully do their quests, and if they do have pvp quests to do, or just wanna fight, they can go to the bmaps. In the event they get harassed in there, or are severely outnumbered, the protection then happens, where they can't get shot down by anyone, unless they engage first. Once they engage, that does not mean everyone can target them, only the person he/she is fighting. I'm sure with some trial and error, DO can figure it out. If they wanna reclaim what little of a community is left, they'll do something about the clan wars, since it's clear they'll never stop autolockers.

1. I just added for those who want to initiate wars--any "crime" is enough. You shouldn't be able to send out a war against someone who did nothing to you. In a way, it's a method to have both parties consent to it.
    2. That is RARELY the occurrence. Due to the lower player saturation across maps, elite players have started warring their own companies just to get some PvP action with zero penalty.
    3. The PvP Protection method has been proposed many, many times, however, it is a very complicated process--you would have to develop a system to detect equipped items, combined with other account details, and figure out when & where to give PvP protection. Plus, there are players like me, who DON'T PvP. The only enemy I expect to be prepared to defend against should be enemy companies, NOT members of my own company who warred me for simply having a clan.
    4. We have a system similar to that--Diminishing Rewards (PvP). You get zero credit for killing that player after a set amount of deaths, yet it has made zero impact on pushing or random killing. Plus I can see the system being abused--players purposely dying in order to get that protection to get the jump on their targets, or having an easier time going after CBS stations.
    5. I like that idea, plus it could bring back the old, old BMaps battle times :D But, then you have to deal with the CBS's across all the maps, all those quests that requires player kills in certain maps, etc. etc. All of that takes a lot of time, and money.

The idea I proposed optimizes the amount of effort, time and funding needed to provide that change. It utilizes mechanisms that already exist within the game, rather than developing completely new ones.

7. I believe that is referred to as "strategy"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.