[SC] Code: Mayday

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by CocasTheKiller, May 1, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you rather:

1. Have no code or compensation whatsoever to prove our discontent with their actions and prove a point

30.0%
  2. Get some of the event´s lasers for the pet and/or ship: since 1- these are usefull to the new player

5.0%
  3. Have the rewards contained in the code be bigger to an extent where they are actually useful and las

65.0%
  1. "Hello Pilots,

We've decided share a bonus code with all of our players. Tomorrow is a bank holiday in many countries, and we want to compensate everyone for all of the server lags as well as for the event issues in April. We are still working on the existing server problems and we hope that the measures we’re taking in the background will improve the situation.

Code: MAYDAY

Content:
    • 10,000 UCB-100
    • 50 Extra Energy
    • 10 Booty Keys
    • 4,000 PLT-3030
    Valid until: 15th May 2020

Your DarkOrbit Team"

Me and many other players felt that this code is useless since these items´ quantities are ridiculously low to the point where they are obtainable in 1 single HADES gate for example, and do NOT, in any shape, way or form compensate the players for the previous LAG that the filled the entire previous month. It should´ve never been posted, and no one should´ve used it, as a way of showing our disregard towards the lag issues, them not willing to postpone the events before fixing the lag since events BOOST the lag even more, and overall trying to suppress our negative feedback.

What I come here today to purpose to you is- would you rather:

• Have no code or reward whatsoever, to prove our discontent with their actions and prove a point.

• Get some of the event´s lasers for the pet and/or ship: since 1- these are useful to the new players, returning FE players and almost every player except the UFE, and 2- because it makes more sense to earn these as a way of compensation for not being able to do the gate and die to earn the bytes required to build these lasers in the firs place due to the lag and assembly being broken.

• Have the rewards contained in the code be bigger to an extent where they are actually useful and last for 1 month worth of work in DO instead of 1 gate.

2. This would belong in the Speakers' Corner, not the Update & Idea Pool. Can't have polls here either :rolleyes:

Also, grow a few brain cells. EVERYTHING is lagging. More people are staying home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is not at the fault of Bigpoint/Darkorbit. They didn't have to give us anything because of what's been happening, yet they were nice enough to do so.

Archangel-Warrior likes this.
  3. "Also, grow a few brain cells"- you are the reason I´m making this post.- You are part of the people who simply complain instead of doing something about it.

You are also unable to read what people write to the end- " fixing the lag since events BOOST the lag even more and make no effort into making the game better". What I said was the lag gets WORSE during the events. I know the lag is there even without events. And you must not play any other game, because MOST GAMES do NOT lag. Just ask on discord or in DO´s chat. People are not experiencing lag in other games. Don´t make false claims and do some research to know what you are talking about instead of saying the first thing that comes to your mind and insulting people.

I thought that was the appropriate place to do the pole. Have you ever did one? Well, this one was my first, so you could´ve just said: hey, that´s the wrong place, please move it to x place instead of the response you gave.

I should also add that the lag was here LOOONG before the outbreak, and that, once again, it gets worse with any event that is made. They should fix the CORE issues first and THEN make the events, not the other way around. So yes, they SHOULD compensate us, especially for the last month.

I was a fan of your channel and series, but this post right here made you reveal your true colors. If you don´t want to step in like me and stand with the players who are unhappy with how the game is being taken care of then stay in your lane and don´t get in the way.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    memrix likes this.
  4. Here's a real simple solution.

A.) Get a good computer. Stop playing on $20 Goodwill laptops and you won't lag as much. You can build a steady gaming pc for around $800-$1000 depending on the site.
    B.) Get good internet. The cheaper it is, the worse it is.
    C.) Put your big boy pants on and realize this game doesn't have the production budget of these 4k games, [REMOVED] the "3D" version of this game is no more than a glorified 2D scroller with 1997 graphics.

If your game truly is running slow, how about adjusting your settings to super low, checking your browser capabilities (stop using MS Paint as a browser and get a solid browser dedicated to browser gaming and use another for browsing internet. I use Opera GX solely for DO and facebook games, Mozilla solely for youtube/spotify/pandora, etc, and Chrome for going on facebook, news stations, etc)

Also, anything a game gives out free is still anything given to us free. Look at it as you didn't have to do a GG to earn these rewards. You aren't the first person to complain, you most definitely will not be the last. Do you really expect them to give everyone a massive compensation package? Hell just last week they gave us a 50% ep/honor booster and then turn around and give us this package. Used to have to wait months between code drops. We had spring, stayhome, and mayday all within a month's time and you pick now to complain?

And KilerStreak is a major veteran of the forums. You've essentially killed your own post by climbing to his IQ and then jumping to your ego.

Last edited by moderator: May 2, 2020
  5. On one hand, Darkorbit at least gave us stuff for free, which they never used to do back in the day.

On the other hand, Darkorbit is so damn old & they have probably never actually updated any code in the game or servers since the game came out so idk why anyone is complaining when everyone knows this.

Just take what u can while you can lol.

6. A.) Get a good computer. Stop playing on $20 Goodwill laptops and you won't lag as much. You can build a steady gaming pc for around $800-$1000 depending on the site. - My computer has no issues playing any other game, and neither does GE7´s and GE1´s player´s. #fixge7 started for a reason. It is not about hardware, skipping npcs and 30 seconds to jump portals is caused due to LAG on BP´s part.

B.) Get good internet. The cheaper it is, the worse it is. I have more than enough to play a browser game. 200/100mb. Again, 2 entire servers suffered from the same problem, maybe it´s not a coincidence?

C.) Put your big boy pants on and realize this game doesn't have the production budget of these 4k games, [REMOVED] the "3D" version of this game is no more than a glorified 2D scroller with 1997 graphics. Put your brain to work as LAG was not around when 3D came out. It got worse everyday and they keep on postponing it and add events that BOOST the already existent lag.

If your game truly is running slow, how about adjusting your settings to super low, checking your browser capabilities (stop using MS Paint as a browser and get a solid browser dedicated to browser gaming and use another for browsing internet. I use Opera GX solely for DO and facebook games, Mozilla solely for youtube/spotify/pandora, etc, and Chrome for going on facebook, news stations, etc)- I too use only Opera GX to game on DO. I run medium to low settings to have the most stable FPS. Again, not my hardaware or internet speed problem. Again, me and everyone else experiences little to no lag on every other game. Just go on discord or DO´s chat and ask. Do your research instead of making bold and empty statements.

Also, anything a game gives out free is still anything given to us free. Look at it as you didn't have to do a GG to earn these rewards. You aren't the first person to complain, you most definitely will not be the last. Do you really expect them to give everyone a massive compensation package? Hell just last week they gave us a 50% ep/honor booster and then turn around and give us this package. Used to have to wait months between code drops. We had spring, stayhome, and mayday all within a month's time and you pick now to complain?- read everything that I said in the speaker´s corner in my convo with memrix about it on the post "thank you" and you should be able to understand where I´m coming from. If someone gives you something for free and spits on your face, will you still take it because it´s free? Besides, and most important of all, there would be NO NEED for any compensation if, once again, they fixed the core issues of the game instead of dropping events on top of them over and over again. Lag was bad as it was, and they dropped the mimesis event on top of it. Lag grew. Then it got better. What did they did? Did they announced that they were taking a step back to fix the issues and ask us to understand? Or were they greedy and made a new event? I won´t tolerate that, forgiving has it´s limits. I´m giving a company money for it to cater to me, not the other way around. It should be the players complaining about the lag, the honor bug, the crafting bug, the bots. It should be BP to ADRESS these issues. Do you understand now or are you going to keep defending who spits in your face?

And KilerStreak is a major veteran of the forums. You've essentially killed your own post by climbing to his IQ and then jumping to your ego.- He´s the one who has to check his ego, he was the one who insulted with no reason. No need to say I´m no longer a fan of his work. He can be veteran on the forum, but I´m veteran on the game and have never been that cocky and pretentious to anyone like he was. I have been here since it´s start, peak and downfall, and I will not take player´s "don´t bother with it, nothing will change" or "no one cares" mentality. I want this game to thrive again, so either stand by my side or stay in your lane. I will not respect anyone who doesn´t respect me. If you want to lick his boots because of his following be my guess, but that ain´t me. He talked smack for no reason whatsoever, I answered politely. It´s called being the bigger man.

Last edited by moderator: May 2, 2020
  7. Lithinir

Lithinir User

All you have to do is type in six letters, click a box, and hit enter and you get, in your words, "[rewards to the] point where they are obtainable in 1 single HADES gate..."

That took you what, five seconds? And you get 10k x4, 50 spins (free ammo, gate parts, etc), AND free elite rockets?? I'll take that.

Getting free stuff because of lag (that you can take measures against) from a free gate and you're complaining about the amount of free stuff you got wasn't up to par to you? Talk about entitled.

This thread is a big yikes from me. Streets behind.

8. You missed the whole point. I will not be using this code as way of showing them that I DO NOT want to be compensated for an event that was unplayable due to BP´s greed to bring a new event every month on top of all the issues instead of fixing them first. If they want to compensate us, what they should be saying is- look, we messed up, we will spend some time working on the issues and therefore there will be NO events for a while, we hope you understand. That´s ALL I want. I do not want to be compensated, I don´t want a temporary fix to the game like the reduced NPC´s in aby, I want this game to be FIXED.

You CANNOT take measure against it, that´s the PROBLEM! I´ve said it 5 TIMES ALREADY.. It´s getting annoying to explain it, read the entire post!- EVERYONE ON ALL SERVERS, ESPECIALLY ON GE1 AND GE7 (most affected servers) was complaining. Do you think EVERYONE there had bad hardware/slow internet speed? In European servers? The answer is NO! Make your research and collect opinions on discord and DO chat first before you speak. Everyone says the same- "I´m only lagging on DO, not in any other game", they provide SS of their internet speed and fps. You don´t need to look hard for proof. Go on discord right now and ask for the player´s experience on mimesis and eternal gate events.

It´s not about being free or not, it´s about what it stands for! Have you noticed the new pack that gets you 1 oil, 20 ABR and some other thing that pops up whenever you change maps? See, they waste time on building and advertising that pop up instead of fixing the game and I´m not even adressing it and it´s paid, it´s worse than the code. Again, not being entitled to anything- the compensation shouln´t be a thing because there shouln´t be any issues in the first place if they were to fix the bugs and all instead of adding new events to make profit. It will continue to be a cycle if no one stops them, don´t you understand? Lag, event, lag increases, compensation to keep our mouths shut, aka here´s a code for you to stop crying about ous not fixing the lag and instead making more events to make more money and increase the already existent issues, repeat. WAKE UP!

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    memrix likes this.
  9. I am getting scared of people´s mentality at this point. I created a pole for you to vote and I´m standing up for the players, and all I encounter is discouragement or "why bother, it´s not going to change/just take what you can aka take the spit in the face and be happy for it" mentality from the forum´s community. Why is that? Are you too blind to see the bigger picture? Are you defending BP in hope that they give you some sort of reward? I´m here to make a statement- I am tired of the lag and the bugs, and so is everyone I talk to on discord. I am doing this pole to try to change something. If you think nothing needs to change or just want to sit back, do so, BUT let me do my thing. Let the people that WANT to see a change and are willing to DO SOMETHING ABOUT it do so instead of bashing them and then going on discord or DO´s chat and complain about the things I am adressing.

10. This post is unnecessary in so many ways.

First of all, its rude.
    Second, the lags have started long before the COVID-19 outbreak shut down everythting. So it is the fault of Bigpoint.
    lastly, they made the lags worse by doing a whole week of double reward, on top of a gate-event. Again, the lags are at least partially the fault of BP and of course the bots, but then again if they would finally ban them or bring the "client" live then there would not have been bots and it would not have lagged so much....

A) A good computer doesn't change anything. This is a browser game, having a 1000$ or a 10000$ does not change the performance of the game (maybe to some degree, but not substantionally)
    Best example would be me ^^
    My computer is from 2012 and I can run DO smooth with 60 fps and it cost me 600$ at the time.
    While my gf got her new pc 3 months ago which did costs 1500$ yet it can't even run do at a stable 50 fps...

B) agreed

C) Well 2 things:
    1. A game does not need a budget of 100 Million $ to ensure that the servers are stable an run smooth.
    2. this game has a huge income due to its p2w aspect, so money is not the issue here.

Using different browsers does not affect the game performance that much.
    As long as you don't use IE all browsers have more or less the same performance, some struggle maybe a bit more some a bit less.

But no browser is made to play games in them. Not even the Opera GX.

Opera GX is a browser for gamers, not a browser to play browser games with. There is a bit of a difference.
    A quick search on google or youtube will prove this to you.

I personally use chrome for DO. I did try Opera GX but saw no difference in performance.
    I have 60 fps with both browsers when just shooting some npc, but I have a way better performance with chrome when it comes to group fights than with opera.
    Chrome runs somewhat smooth on 40fps in 10v10 fights while opera drops down to 20 or less fps...

I am with CocasTheKiller on this. A compensation should be compensating you for your troubles.
    I am happy we get at least something, but it is not enough for real a compensation.
    Its more a "stop complaining, we gave you something now be quiet you ungrateful ...." code than a compensation.
    (And as this thread shows, it works perfectly, a little critique and boom you get blown out of the forum by hate (where are the mods in this case?))

It's the same as with the 50% ECP/HON code.
    The servers were lagging like crazy due to bots doing gates and an gate event at the same time.
    And the best "compensation" they could come up with was a code that basically drew all the bots into the gates.
    To top it all of, they even combined the code with a whole week of double reward, which made sure that the bots stayed all day and night in the gates making the lags even worse that they already were.

11. Kharelia

Kharelia User

As a returning player, I must confess to being grateful for the freebies to be honest!

However, I do have to agree with CocasTheKiller and ԺäʍØΠⓓⓔⓡĦöĿŁΞ, not only is the lag worse during events and with all the bots getting in the damned way and stealing all the npcs (I'm so tempted to fire on them myself but refuse to stoop to attacking blues) but this has been going on for as long as I can remember. It's one of the things I noticed hadn't changed since I took my break.

I do respect what KilerStreak is saying about the increase in player traffic since the lockdowns started and the fact that, in Europe at least, we have seen a change in how internet providers are doing things inasmuch as some essential services are gettng priority etc. But, in my opinion, it may have added to the problem, yes, but the problem has been there for a very long time.

I play other MMO games myself, not just PC games but also on PS4 - all of which need internet access - and none of them have this lagging problem that both my husband and I experience on DO (we're on different servers). I have been able to assemble my first GG but I'm reluctant to have a go at it in case the lag spoils it.

12. "I am with CocasTheKiller on this. A compensation should be compensating you for your troubles.
    I am happy we get at least something, but it is not enough for real a compensation.
    Its more a "stop complaining, we gave you something now be quiet you ungrateful ...." code than a compensation.
    (And as this thread shows, it works perfectly, a little critique and boom you get blown out of the forum by hate (where are the mods in this case?))"

-Thank you for the support. It´s good to see some players who get what I´m saying instead of eating of BP´s hand when they give them any crumbs. <<Its more a "stop complaining, we gave you something now be quiet you ungrateful ...." code than a compensation.>> This is EXACTLY MY POINT. It´s a little bread they are giving so that we munch on it to give them time to repeat the cycle of not fixing the core issues, increasing lag with the events because those are profitable and then hear complaints left and right until they give us a new bonus to cool things down. WE ARE SICK OF IT.

"It's the same as with the 50% ECP/HON code.
    The servers were lagging like crazy due to bots doing gates and an gate event at the same time.
    And the best "compensation" they could come up with was a code that basically drew all the bots into the gates.
    To top it all of, they even combined the code with a whole week of double reward, which made sure that the bots stayed all day and night in the gates making the lags even worse that they already were."

-Again, another code that although more useful would´t be needed if the server issues were fixed to begin with. Also, what´s the point on 50% boosters that keep running when we logout if WE WERE UNABLE TO USE them. Especially the folks over at GE1 and GE7.

13. cicko1

cicko1 User

you forgot a 4th choice .. are we happy with being given something for free in the first place .. which is what i would have ticked had it been an option. compensation will probably be given eventually when all issues are sorted out as has been said in previous weeks but if not, the eternal gate gave us a ton of uri to last ages and the code will help out some of the weaker players in the short term. i agree that lag is an issue along with connection problems etc, and it does spoil some events but i never look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. something is better than nothing, no matter how small it may be.

14. I really have have to disagree with you, because sometimes actions or silence are better than empty promises, words or codes, like this one, whose purpose was supposed to be to compensate for 1 entire month of lag, when in reality only gave a wrong impression of hope and that things will change to players like you. It´s time to stop eating of BP´s hand every time they throw a bone at us (especially one this small). The purpose behind these codes is to keep us hopeful and off their backs that they will change their ways in the future. Guess what? As long as it works, they will keep doing it. Look how far BP´s actions made our standards drop. We are not satisfied with a code like this, we are accepting the lag. I see it every time on DO´s chat. Someone complains about the lag or asks if it´s like that for everyone and gets immediately shouted at- "stop complaining! It´s always like this, why are you complaining?" or "it´s normal during Sundays, you should know that". Guess what? I do know it, and I am not having it! I´m not settling for lag to be a standard, because it should´t be one. And neither should any one, especially the ones who, like me, have seen the game before all the lag, bugs and 3rd party software were here.

We spend days, weeks, months complaining, and as soon as they drop a code or some other "compensation" we go straight to it, just to go back to complaining when the code is over. It´s a rat race, only this time it´s about a company who insists on pushing events that worsen the already existing issues (because it gives them profit), instead of fixing the issues first. Here´s the compensation we want: HONESTY.

Why don´t they just come out and say- we have a lot on our plates with 3rd party programs, lag, bugs and we need to work on these exclusively. Therefore, we will have to postpone events for a while. I hope you understand that this is for the well being of the game and because we CARE about the players. That is all I want. If you wish to continue down the path of complaining and being unable to play for days on end, invest time and possibly money on boosters for the gates, premium, rebate, uridium etc. just to be happy like a kid with a lolipop with a code to compensate you for the troubles THEY brought themselves be my guest, but please let me and the players who do not want DO to follow this path and want a better and bright future ahead of it do our thing.

With this I´m not saying you should´t post your opinion, you have every right to do so (as long as it´s constructive, like yours was). All I´m saying is (and I´m sorry for saying this but it´s the truth) that your "sit back and enjoy if it´s free", "it´s a hassle, don´t even try, you won´t change a thing", "it´s no use" mentality, alongside with some of the people´s in this discussion, as well as the one´s in discord and DO´s chat are not going to change anything. Neither here, neither in anything in life. You ALWAYS have to TRY something, ALWAYS.

So no, I did not forgot a 4th choice. Go on discord, go on DO´s chat, tell the people there to come see my pole and read both the introduction for it and the discussions with players and then let me know how many people are satisfied with the code and what it symbolizes. No, people are not happy. Just open DO´s chat or discord. All you saw during eternal gate was #fixge7, fix lag, GE1 is down. Do your homework first.

All you probably saw today (sunday) was about the
    lag and questions regarding why the LF4 special day and 2x rewards was extended throughout the week. What do you think are the reasons behind them extending the 2x rewards are? You guessed right, people not being able to do gates due to the lag. See? This is a compensation that DOES make sense and is well adjusted to the current issue. Would be nice if we got the discount as well but that would probably be a bit overpowered, I do admit. However, good job, I think we can all agree it is a good TEMPORARY measure.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  15. Hahahaha :')
    What a great joke, I hope you are a comedian, because you are funny as hell. :)

Ok, let's be real now for a second.
    You do not actually believe that BP is giving another compensation out, do you?

Because the MAYDAY code is the compensation, for all the inconveniences we experienced over the last months.

There will not be any other compensation whatsoever.
    That is why this thread exists.

It's a joke of compensation compared to the issues we have had over the last 2 months!
    Because it is (as I have already mentioned):
    Again, I am happy we get at least something (because it indirectly tells us that BP admitts that the lags are on their end and its their "fault" we have there issues) but that does not make it invald to be a little dissapointed when all we get is barely enough ammo to kill 10 NPC's, barely (with lots of luck) 1 piece of a gate and 10 keys that benefit noone really...

Think of it like this:

You go and buy a car (us buying premium, HON/EP boosts, 25% discount, Uridium, etc etc)

some time later it stops working
    (server laggin so bad we can't even play and all boosters run out for nothing)

you go to a car repair shop/the shop where u bought the car and tell them it does not work
    (us comlaning in the Forum/Discord that the Servers are lagging)

all the reair-shop/shop where u bought the car are doing is telling you "yes the car does not work, sorry we will take car of it"
    (Mods telling us "the tech team is aware of the issues and is working on it")

Every time you go back to ask if they are done fixing your car they now tell you: no we are still working on it
    (Every sunday when the lags start back the mods kepp telling us "they are working on it")

When you finally get your car back (after months of waiting!!) it stops working again after 1 day
    (some of the changes the devs did to "fix" the problems after months of complaining!!)

at some point you are so frustrated that you threaten to go to another car shop
    (us getting angry/stop playing/saying we go to other games )

them apologising and giving you a 1% discount on the bill
    (us getting this low code)

Would you ever go back to that car shop? Would you keep playing this game without complaining?

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  16. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Closing thread to prevent additional flaming and spam.

EHD