"Company Rejection"

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by яэρτiŁε, Jul 19, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Something new to bring to the game could be a players ability to reject all companies. There needs to be a starting level(12 so they can get to all upper maps) though so players have a chance to get a handle on the game.

Cons:
    No Honor
    No Rank(Basic Space Pilot/Major)
    No Demilitarized zones(including bases)

Pros:
    Can use any base(x-1 and pirate)
    Can use any NYX station
    Can have Clan within the "Outlaws"

2.5_Altered_Smellows likes this.
  2. Interesting but they would have to me uber strong to survive no Demi zones. Wouldn't this be better if companies could reject certain players with the stated above abilities, just to handle company traitors and killers?

3. Its just an idea, I want to see it grow. This game needs something new, other then equipment.

And if you have friends in certain companies or all over you can find safe zones for yourself.

However the ability to kick players from companies would become biased and over run by larger clans.

Tarron likes this.
  4. There could be a lot of possibilities with this, not sure if it would be for the better though, but i do agree on the game needing something more to add to reasons why to play.

5. I agree, i like it, but perhaps instead of no Demil zone, perhaps a timed one, just like when you go to enemy maps. As far as ranking, there should be ranking within its own community, not like a general or captain, but something along the lines of Outlaw or something to that effect. Honor should remain as you want to rise in ranks in the server though.

And no clan option. If you chose to not join a company, you cant have that option. But you can fly freely with any other player who doesnt want to be in a company. Of course, this will mean that you have no home maps lol.

6. why not make it so you can leave your current company and join no ones company or something. like when you hit level 12 you have a choice to leave the company you are and become a company reject.

BØØGΞYMΔИ likes this.
  7. yeah that sound much better. why should anyone be able to kick me from co or i to kick someone. it should be personal decision if you like it do it.

8. Yikes, no safe zone - lol - UWW/WARmongers will love this concept...Yes, to the UWW, but no for free/semi-pay players.

9. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Outlaw status

10. Well that solves the planet-side colors...Outlaw status on/both the circles...:cool:!

11. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Yup

12. The main idea of this is for it to be a choice, no remember no honor at all, so if you choose to leave you loose all honor points.
    Now later on a player can re-join a company (5.000 uridium same as a company switch), but they would start with no honor.

13. See, the option of not having honor point bothers me, I say keep it, all it will do is rank you in the server, and some people prefer to be non company, that way they dont have to deal with company politics. Stating that you lose all honor points will be a major reason why no one will do it. I think stainless makes a good point, after a certain level, you have the option of leaving all companies and flying solo. I do like the whole thing of rejoining, but you are asking players to lose all the honor they worked for. This is why folks will not do it. Only those who dont care about honor will try it out.

14. Even when you swap companies you lose half your honor anyways i kinda like the idea personally. kind of a (risk factor) for people who are looking to spice things up in the game. Also it would kinda give people their *new company* they have been begging for. I mean outcasts not shooting outcasts or something like that.

15. This idea, if implemented properly, would be a very cool thing, adding a 'chaos' faction within Darkorbit.

However, this is what I would do with it:
    • Rejects would have Dem-zone at Pirate Base as well as pirate portals and the LoW portal.
    • In the pirate maps, the pirates wouldn't shoot at the rejects unless if fired upon.
    • Rejects could be hired as mercenaries by clans from the companies.
    • Rejects would have completely new quests to accommodate their rebel and piracy personas.
    • Rejects would be allowed to ally together with other outcasts, forming mercenary bands or proper clans.
    • Rejects could steal cargo automatically without having to wait for the timer.
    • Rejects would have a new ranking system called Notoreity, where for each player or alien they kill, cargo they steal or mercenary contracts they take, they gain points. This would work the same as the current ranking system, but with different names. Joining a company means losing all of your notoreity, even if you become an outcast once more. You start off at -200 honor when joining a company, as you are still regarded as fairly dishonorable.
    • Rejects would start off the game in either the 5-2 Pirate Map (They can use jump chips and everything to get in and out of pirates) or a special base in a new map that can be attacked by enemy players.

Regular players would receive these changes:
    • In the diplomacy section of the clan menu, a new option would be available to recruit Pirate wings as mercenaries, whereupon the clan would pay the pirates an agreed some of credits (or maybe something like an alliance) and the pirates would hunt down the enemies of the clan.
    • To become an reject/outcast, they must either become an outlaw to the tune of -80,000 honor or go to the company menu in the HUD and click a new fourth button to renounce any allegiance to the companies, for a price of 15,000 uridium and 500,000 credits. Company outlaws are automatically kicked out of their company at -200,000 honor.
    • Killing a reject would give players 30% more experience and honor than normal.
    • Players would be allowed to enter the reject map and attack it, much like the X-8 maps but with the added feature of the reject mothership having laser modules like the CBS to protect it.

A pirate quest would go like this:

Martian Mercenary Operation:
    Outlaws, I have a special job for you courtesy from the Sibelon. The MMO have been harassing them for quite a while now, and they want the Martians to be taught a lesson or two. What are you waiting for, get out and wipe out the MMOs! You will be rewarded well.

Mission Objectives:
    • Kill 5 MMO Vengeances
    • Kill 5 MMO Goliaths
    • Kill 5 MMO Spearheads
    • Kill 5 MMO Aegises
    Mission Rewards:
    • Credits: 2,840,000
    • Experience: 2,840,000
    • Notoreity: 15,000
    • Uridium: 2,080

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Legendary_Dante likes this.
  16. Personally i think that the last 3 points in (Regular players would receive these changes) are kinda unfair.
    1) Changing to outcast would be the same as just changing companies so the cost of doing so should be so high.
    2) The extra rewards for killing outcasts would just make the outcasts a bigger target to the rest of the game.
    3) There doesnt need to be more maps because you take a risk by becoming an outcast so your only safe maps would be priate maps like you suggested.

17. 1) Should or Shouldn't? Also, it isn't like joining a company. It's leaving them all.
    2) Outcasts are notorious pilots wanted by all three companies (story wise) so an extra reward for killing them seems valid (at least to me). They are wanted for treason (leaving their companies) and various other crimes.
    3) For the record I said OR a new map.

18. I ment in the fact that you are leaving your company to join a different faction. Also I could kinda see why the extra rewards would be a valid point since you are becoming a notorious pilot.

19. That's cool :)

20. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.