"Connection was interrupted". Tried everything

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by EnslavedEagle, Mar 21, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Hi guys,

sorry to bother you, but I'm really tired of trying to log into the game. I actually never started playing because I created my first account few days ago and this issue has been troubling me ever since that day.

I can log in to the site without a problem; the issue happens when I try to hit "START" button and get to the actual game (I think?). All I can see it loads some data (which finishes just fine), then it tries to establish connection with the game (for few minutes at last) and then the establishing fails, saying

Things I've tried:
    - Trying to reconnect a thousand times
    - Clearing browser's cache
    - Clearing Flash's cache
    - Another web browser (I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11)
    - Re-installing Adobe Flash
    - Resetting my router's settings
    - Connecting my PC directly to the Internet without the router
    - Restarting PC
    - Changing my game server (tried PL1, PL2, PL3, now trying UK1)
    - Updating my mobo and graphic's card drivers
    - Updating Adobe Flash, Shockwave, Java

What I didn't try is connecting from completely another computer, which is currently impossible.

@edit: Forgot to add screenshots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. I've been having this problem too, since about 10:30AM EDT on the 12th? 13th? of this month.

3. It would be great if the system at least told me where the problem lies, like some kind of a debug message.

4. STED

STED User

This problem I did see at Summer when I try play far away from city, in forest using USB-modem)))

5. .-Raijin-.

.-Raijin-. User

EnslavedEagle,
    Sometimes the issue can be caused by a poor connection to the internet. You can try contacting your ISP to see if there are quality issues in your area. You can also try power cycling your modem as this sometimes resolves connection issues for me. If you have done these steps and are still experiencing the issue, can you provide us the following details:
    User ID:
    Server:

Best regards,
    .-Raijin-.

6. whoeva

whoeva User

You can also check to see if you have any kind of ad or IP blocking software running.

7. Thanks for your reply, Raijin.

I don't think that the problem lies in my ISP. I connect to the Internet with a 4 mbps DN / 512 kbps UP in a HiperLAN 2 technology. I play lots of other games without any connection issue - like TERA Rising, Battlefield 3, League of Legends, Loadout.

Turning my antivirus software (which is AVG Free 2014) off didn't resolve the issue. Same for Windows Firewall. I'll later check my system with software from bleepingcomputer.com, though.

Here are screenshots from SpeedTest.net with ping/speed results for servers located in both EU and US (I live in Poland):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Hi, it's me again. Anyone else has an idea what I can do to be able to play already?

Rajin, sorry for answering with this so late but I totaly forgot to provide the information you asked for.
    User ID: enslavedeagle
    Server: GB1

It's worth mentioning that my friend brought his notebook to my place so I can fix it for him, and I tried to play the game on it's newly installed Windows 7. I turned the firewall and antivirus off, but still have the same problem. "Connection interrupted".

The notebook is Lenovo R61i. Is it possible that there is just a problem with my account somehow?

9. ASTRAEA

ASTRAEA User

I would ask, do you connect to the game via the www.darkorbit.com website link, or are you using an affiliate to log in from.
    As this could be the issue.

Please let us know
    Astraea

10. Azarameus

Azarameus User

Just an idea here. Are you running a program called peerblock by any chance? I had a similar issue after one of the blocklists was updated.

11. i am getting tired trying all the ways i know to be at the game it was like loading for life getting me eritated i hope this would be fixed by administrator hope fully for best answer thank you

12. please i am so wasting my time here trying so hard to be conneted at the actual battltefield my second window taking much time to load im at the internet caffee playing this game please cheack out this kind of problem asap...**{C.S.I.}**[PHI]

13. whoeva

whoeva User

Had the same "issue" until I remembered this program.

14. Hi guys. Thanks for reading this topic and trying to help me resolve my problem.

Well, I don't use any external launcher or anything I think; I just log in to the site at www.darkorbit.com, fill the login form, and when the page with links to my hangar, clans, shop etc. loads, I simply click big green START button. You know the rest.

I tried to find out if there is any standalone client for the game, but didn't find any.

Unfortunatelly, no. I don't use any connection blocking software except Windows Firewall, which I disabled right after I figured it was a connection issue.