[SC] Dark orbit team

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by The Red Baron, Mar 2, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I have to say something about this team, i recently got a ban from discord for talking about bot's and was ban on the 27th for 3600 minutes and to this day have no access to darkorbit discord. Really i have been playing this game for over 8 years spent thousands of dollars. I get ban one time from discord and this is how their mods treat me punish your legit players and allow the cheaters to flourish without punishment sometimes it looks like they are actually protecting them as if it were their own accounts. Well i have had enough of your teams garbage treat legit players like me this way cause we like to stand up for ourselves when darkorbit chooses to be quiet. To often i see mods in discord telling others who are stuck in gates that we are not support we can't help you here and in almost the same breath help their friends get unstuck not 10 minutes later almost seems like their are getting purks from them to help their accounts, anyways you have made me feel to uncomfortable as a company for me to have anymore interest in the game. I also know you will delete this post and say it has no significance just so others can't reply so thanks for making me feel like this don't bother to unban me anyways don't feel as if this is the game or game company for me anymore.

DarkMarsGR and ]Coldheart[ like this.
  2. memrix

memrix User

I have copied your text, and will in the event of deletion of this post, repost it in your name if you so wish.

3. Wingm8

Wingm8 Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello there @The Red Baron

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way, however there's a pretty big difference between getting banned for something you've said on discord, chat or the forum compared to getting banned for cheating. Did you check in regarding your ban? By either contacting support or making a post in the chat section, we can look into it. That said, accusations whether true or false isn't welcomed on the chat, and is a bannable offense.

This holds true for any kind of accusations, the very same that you just did against whole Moderator Team in your post. We'd appreciate if you didn't do that. Criticism is one thing, and we welcome that, but it's not necessary to drop accusations around, as your post will only get censored or removed entirely.

Furthermore, the Moderator Team doesn't provide actual support via Discord. This hasn't changed since we started using Discord and is unlikely to change in the future as well. The proper way is Customer Support if you're experiencing account or game issues that can't be resolved from your own end. You're more than welcome to ask the Moderators, but depending on the issue you'll most likely be asked to contact support as they can't fix either.

We do understand your frustration regarding bots and cheaters in the game and this is something we continuously forward to the management team.

I've moved your post to the Speakers Corner.

Sincerely,
    Wingm8

4. AVIT

AVIT User

in reply to wingman ... regarding the bots which have taken over the game and the management as you call them havnt banned anyone for at least 3 years .. your reply to the poster sounds like dribble to me .

the fact that you said he is accusing is wrong also ,, the way i read his post ,he not accuse anyone ,he criticised them for unfairness ,,and youve just said criticism is welcome .

5. i think the management team died 3 years ago !!!
    the whole game now is based on cheating !!

DarkMarsGR likes this.
  6. Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    ]Coldheart[ likes this.
  7. "You're more than welcome to ask the Moderators, but depending on the issue you'll most likely be asked to contact support as they can't fix either". Did what you asked 9 days ago was asked to give my discord ID i did that 7 days ago still no reply back even sent a reply asking if i am going to get an answer and still no answer. And BP wonders why they are loosing players and have to allow the cheaters i am full legit player never used cheats and it seems they don't want players like me that tell them the truth they only want players who be quiet put money in and play the game.

8. Red baron is right though,
    you mention the word bot on game chat it gets defended.
    the direction of this game has failed miserably, the supporters are very mean, i guess thats what happens when new people take over.
    nothing is getting fixed, throwing new events every two weeks for money.

ΞMPЯΞSS likes this.
  9. Not sure if you guys figured this out yet but why do you think there is no drone damage? Because the zombies where losing their drones to people like me who figured out how to pop them with mines over and over and over again lol till poof drones are gone. That was my free entertainment and they made that go away also.

DarkMarsGR likes this.
  10. Dramborleg

Dramborleg User

So there must be a difference between accusing someone of cheating and actually cheating, as I understand what @wingmat8 posted above.

Accusing someone is bad, but even worse, at least for me me, is seeing it (cheating) go on day by day with nothing being done about that rot.

As much as I like and enjoy this game, I really can't kind find a reason now to continue onward. I guess I'll burn what URI I have left on a gate or two and then just ghost out. Sad really, my skylab is almost finished.

Oh well. Best of luck to all

11. memrix

memrix User

i read that in Sheev's voice, amazing

12. oTiKio

oTiKio User

Used to do same on US east 1 on 4-2 bots always fly in same line so was easy to mine em xDDD was fun af xDDD sadly from what i see all calns bot and have discord chanals where they tell there members what bot programs will not ban em so no drone dmg gona stay im 100 % sure other wise 90 % of there cashers gona leave the game if they bring back drone dmg. Why even today i never join a clan sadly.

13. PacificNW

PacificNW User

Wow. Never thought that they took away drone damage from that perspective. But as noted, seems a reasonable assumption.

PNW

14. Yeah..... drone damage were not removed for that reason at all xD

15. lmao could it honestly be any more blatent...

Bots are safe from losing Drones,
    Not allowed to accuse players of botting or cheating in chat or in forums,
    No bans or suspensions from staff regarding cheat and bot users,
    No feedback in years from admins regarding the above,
    Pushing still applies.

Everything above is designed to assist the Bot users and cheats. Last I looked the section below in terms and conditions applied so why isnt it being enforced?

Terms and Conditions
    1.2.8 The use of programs that place an excessive load on the Services are strictly forbidden, and this applies to the use of any software that would influence normal gameplay, in particular programs that systematically or automatically control games or individual game functions (bots, macros, etc.). Any reproduction, analysis or modification of the Games, Game components or content provided within the scope of the Services is also prohibited.

This will no doubt be deleted - I will save and repost daily if it does.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    ΞMPЯΞSS, PacificNW and memrix like this.

16. All players are safe from losing their drones now from drone damage now, so I don't see why it has anything to do with botting. Consider the fact that there is a drone repair CPU and most bots have an auto repair function anyways, so this update has nothing to do with bots but rather a horrible and freedom restricting feature being removed that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Accusing players of botting and cheating in chat or forums , even before the widespread use of bots & cheats, has always been a rule since the beginning of Darkorbit, so I don't know why anyone is complaining about this or linking it to "allowing" botting. Even when the first ban wave eliminated all bots and there were none left, accusing still wasn't allowed. Matter of fact, chat rules are a lot more lax nowadays and you can pretty much say anything you want now with a minor ban as a result. Back in the day if you said something remotely obscene or did something dumb in chat like post a simple link, you can get a game ban easily, or worse like what I got an IP chat ban for 2 years, and I was only using profanity. Now profanity is only a 2 hour chat ban.

(As a side note I have to give darkorbit credit on these 2 points and they really have made progress to giving players more voice, liberty, and opportunity on this game to build their ships and not banning them for the dumbest things, I give them a lot of props for that.)

I already posted many times on why bans or suspensions of botting and cheating have basically stopped. I won't even bother with this one but TLDR: 90% of the game bots so banning all botters & cheaters would ironically kill the game.

While there is a lack of feedback from Support and Admins nowadays, there actually was a LOT of feedback not too long ago. The former CEO of Bigpoint himself actually made a video regarding bots, they used to post ban waves in forums, and you are now free to discuss botting on forums on Speaker's Corner(we used to get our posts deleted for even mentioning bots). So in reality darkorbit has been very vocal about bots & cheats in the past, but why they aren't right now is because they already know and we already know what's going on with bots & cheats.

Pushing is completely 100% irrelevant when it comes to bots and I don't know why anyone is even linking this to botting at all. Pushing shouldn't even be a feature but unfortunately it is and it should be removed because players abuse this.

17. DarkMarsGR

DarkMarsGR User

When i got stuck in GG 3 times withing 5 hours they told me to not send duplicates...
    I also told them ITS NOT A DUPLICATE, HAPPENED AGAIN
    Thanks BP

18. One can only hope one day they will take away anything gained from botters and leave them with the accounts they would have had if they didn't ever use one. It really sucks they left this for so long players leaving cause they say BP is never gonna do anything about it and on the other hand if they ban all the bot's then the maps will be very bare for legit players. For me i had to change my game play so no more rank chasing cause it's just not worth it to try to keep up and as far as putting money in game for any event boosters even the ones for crafting i choose to buy none cause it's pointless, they "the bot's" get all top rewards titles everything uri equipment all free why should i support a game in any way if they can't even defend terms and conditions. I understand this must really be a challenge but this is the challenge that BP said they would look after but they aren't. It's totally not fair to let 90% of the servers to bot and not change terms and conditions to allow something for legit players. Also please don't tell me that's why they came out with diminished rewards cause they the bot's still make way more in a 24 hour period of botting than any legit player makes playing without diminished rewards.

TheFutureGen likes this.
  19. they need to do something about it now i dont understand why it got so bad out here this is what i got from an earlyer post
    Hello there,

Your suggestion is fair, however the team is being silent on this subject on purpose. Improving communication would not change that fact, although an improvement would certainly be welcomed regardless.

The use of third-party programs such as bots is and remains illegal-and bannable. We can't disclose any information or updates on how the team handles the situation right now as this is a stance that they've chosen to avoid leaks. We'll happily remind them that this is a subject the players want more information about.

*Also, moved to Speakers Corner...

Sincerely,
    Wingm8
    what i see in this is to "avoid leaks" so sounds like they need to clean house lol

мα¢88υ.к likes this.