[SC] DarkOrbit Future

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by •Dark•Ryder•™, Jul 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My concern moving forward with DarkOrbit is that as we all know BigPoint has never been a reliable company with their games. As I came back to play this year while i was away for 2-3 years, what I am seeing inside the maps is a lot like the maps other games had where its not so much an actual person playing but just a script. I am not here to get into that specifically. My main concern for the future of DarkOrbit is will it actually last. Unlike all the other games that scripts took over to the point of no return so Bigpoint decided to part ways with the game and deleted it , I'm asking am i the only one concern about this game being deleted and should i just save my money and look elsewhere for a more reliable company. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as a fair player or as a script user both opinions matter because at the end of the day we are all giving hours of our time to this game regardless on how our accounts are built.

2. Dark Orbit isn't going anywhere, a whole set of three black light maps were released, new lasers, new ships, tons of new ship designs--even new ammo is being released. This game is alive and well.

3. the only quest on the BL map was the take damage quest, the rest is to OP for me.
    for the rest, i am also a returning player after a break for 6 years (regged in 2009) ,
    the only future i see it that i quit again, bots, mcc, kill stealers by popping the player first, by friendly's !
    i dont mind spend money for the game, heck, this is the longest game i ever played, but the fun is slowly over
    i was mars, earth, venus, all sides the same isue as mentiont in so many topics.
    nothing changed in the 6 year break, got only worse.
    server migrations where imho a bad idea, it concentraded faul players in a big happy community
    well, i do the easy daylies only now, the fun is over unless BP takes hard changes to make it more fun for the honnest players
    that are spend on random times cash to let the game excist.

4. Plenty has changed in 6 years, not sure what you’re on about

5. Disagree with Elite, the server merges were a great idea, everyone who liked pvp enjoyed the merges, most servers are still flourishing, although the Usa server died out (mostly because the majority of the usa players sucked at pvp with the exception of Fall's group and the odd player here and there). As far as the state of the game, while declining it's not going anywhere soon, that's for sure. I think they could always do another merge again and prolong the life of the game if it comes to that

6. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Closing as thread is inactive.

EHD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.