DarkOrbit is losing a lot of players

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GOLDEN_ARMY, Nov 2, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well said bruh

2. Noobie or not, people still get sick of dying over and over with out a chance, atleast give a boost in darkorbit that will last and want players to get on for

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  3. Just maybe, there should be rewards and titles like "Hero" or Vigilante for players that help save weaker ships who are being attacked in their maps. Vigilante would be awarded towards the player who shoots down company killers in the act and Hero for helping weaker company ships fend off other enemy company players. That way, players who are ufe and such will be inclined to assist in the PVP. Or even a title called big brother for joining weaker ships than yourself in an outfit and helping them complete quests or achieve a certain amount of ep and honor?

Tarron likes this.
  4. Nicely said GHOSTofMarz..
    This is a very good idea and I have thought about, and mentioned similar, before although not in this thread... but you have given it 'Bones' so to speak by giving such quests/titles/rewards names and form...

There does seem to be a genuine interest in bringing the game back to something of its former 'glory' from all levels/types of players so I hope that our effort, mostly creative, don't get consigned to the wpb...

5. I have been playing this game since 2007, Iv;e seen the "glory days " referred to in many posts, and they were good times,a lot of fun a lot of action, battles involving upwards of 30 -50 ships, blockades, group hunts, a noob had a chance back then. money was spent, mostly on ammo, i personally would spend 20 or 30$ a week ,there would be 10 or 20 newbs at most gates at any one time. now i can go from map to map and see very few ships for hours at a time, you could see on the back page how many people
    were on at any given time, that number is no longer posted. i wonder why. i saw this server go from as little as 150 people on when i started playing and in my 1st year it jumped to over 2000 at any given time of the day. a new player cant compete now, i mean really, 500 million bid on a cloak chip thats just crazy. i see a time coming when 10 or 20 players are gonna be the only ones on ,all ufe shooting each other because thats all there is left, i see talk of a server merger, i dont know if thats possible but it wont bring new players it will just increase the odds of a noob getting frustrated and quitting. the pirate maps get a number of players but thats because its pretty much understood its a neutral zone, wheres the fun in that? so i say bring back an old client server, it will lure back many old players, and bring in new players , i would start over in a game like that no problem, keep the no ammo cap, keep the gates, possibly the skylab, but no boosters lf4, and any other thing that is considered ufe.

6. Two steps to make this game great again:

1: Double uridium rewards from NPC.
    2: Decrease seprom laser dmg boost from 60% -> 30% and prometium 30%-> 15%

This way UFEs would be hitting 65k instead of 80k. Noobs would have slightly easier time with enemies (still not a chance to fight back but to survive). Noobs would get uridium much faster with double uridium and they could actually feel like they are advancing in the game. And UFEs would not cry because it would be slower to solo cubes but reward would be 2x.

Or if you don't want to touch seprom do this...
    LF4 200->150
    LF3 150->120
    LF2 100->90
    MP1 60->50

This would greatly balance the game, it would be same for everyone so only idiots would cry about hitting less than before. But only if you double the uridium rewards.. if not then please ******* double the damage we deal so we can kill them faster. Making uri is the most important thing.

7. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Why not just make the PvP aspect of the game an option of choice?
    Seems to me from what I have seen FE and UFE players are driving noobs to leave since targeting them has become the be all and end all of the game.

Offer the option of not engaging PvP till they are ready to do so.
    I doubt the game play will suffer considering more people will strive to become combat ready.

8. Hello ppl
    vonfalkenberg-

Many ppl agree with most of what you have written here... I have only been here for 4 years but I was here before most of the major changes were made on the New Client and it was better even then... but we are where we are now, and this presents the problem..

The 20-30 UFE left, and squabbling amongst themselves, scenario is quite easy to imagine unfortunately

A server amalgamation, as you have said, would not be of any longterm benefit except to introduce limited quantities of 'cannon-fodder' for the UFEs ...

and as for a regression to the 'old' client... that would have to be a seperate server for those that wished to start from scratch as many might not find that to their liking after the time and money spent on this version..

Darkomaani.
    I dont see how an equal change for everyone would change the balance of the game... The differential would remain the same from UFE to FE to Noob

Dreadlok
    This would appear to be an alternative option to X-1 protection that we already have seen many times in Forum...

-----------------------------------

I think the TA is/was a good idea as ppl can learn from actual PvP action without drone damage and also expect some extra prize/reward for proving their ability...

There was also the suggestion of lvl protection... seeing as they, DO, have the vague ability to 'match' ships for the TA, a looser version in-game might also help where you could not attack a lesser player, unless you were attacked first by them, in the lower maps (excluding Battle-maps and uppers) as in x-1 presently.

Pirates is another argument altogether as there are now quests for these maps (though there are still certain players who kill there for fun long after their Pirate PvP quests are done just cos its easy!)

Complex is an understatement... but I think we all agree that what we have at the moment is not going to last

many good comments and ideas are being made... If our hosts realise the depth of our feeling for the game in general and bear in mind our suggestions and positive comments then maybe the future will be bright and fun again

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  9. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Are you trying to say that this alternative option that I offered wouldn't work?
    I only ask because what I and possibly others have suggested in forum shouldn't be ignored as based on the notion that what I suggest has been visited many times before.

10. That isn't quite what I meant Dreadlok ... I was not saying that the idea should not have been posted and I never would say that to any positive contribution and I apologise if it came across in that way..
    I was merely voicing my opinion on the suggestions made and adding some of my own to which you can make comments if you have a mind to...
    This is Forum and it is here for discussion, preferably constructive of course..

what I was trying to say is that we already have your idea working in the x-1 maps and the issue of attack protection is one that is suggested a lot...
    I do agree that the less experienced players need some form of help and have said so on many occasions and even variations in this Thread
    Again I am sorry if I seemed to dismiss your post

11. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

12. Tarron

Tarron User

i have to agree that something needs to be done to keep new players active. i've seen several idea's that would probably help to a certain degree listed above, but i would say the biggest thing needed is some incentive for stronger players to help, rather than hunt, new players. most days i can find more friendlies in enemy maps than in the lowers. what i'm not sure of is what kind of incentive would drive the stong to help others, and also be something BP would try.

13. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

14. Thanks, I think this game can make a good comeback, its just that BP and DO need to set aside trying to make money all the time and give something to the players. Because if we all stopped playing for just a week, BP would lose so much. BUt players arent united like that any more.

15. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Wow, yea

16. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.