DarkOrbit Players Raise 38,200 EUR for Charity

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by Ddraig, Nov 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig bp_phrase_Forum_General

Greetings, pilots!

The two week charity campaign in DarkOrbit has drawn to a close and yielded 38,200 EUR from you. Bigpoint decided to double this amount with its own contribution and donate the full sum, totaling 76,400 EUR, to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR, to help with the refugee relief.

UNHCR is on the ground, protecting refugees and providing lifesaving assistance in the current Mediterranean refugee crisis.

"Games are not oblivious to the outside world. Our players, and we as a company, are well aware of the plight of refugees," says Shawn Lord, Senior Live Producer for DarkOrbit. "We are glad that our donation will help UNHCR save lives and protect families who have been forced to flee their homes."

"The ever increasing number of global forced displacements is one of the most critical challenges faced by Western societies. As a German and European company, I felt, along with our employees, that Bigpoint had a moral responsibility to leverage its influence and its means to support refugees." says Khaled Helioui, CEO of Bigpoint. "I couldn’t be prouder of the extent to which our call resonated with our players and to be given the opportunity to do our part by collaborating with the UNHCR. As demonstrated by the amazing outreach of civil societies in Germany, the responsibility to act and support does not lie solely with public institutions, Corporations have to play their part and I hope to see many more follow suit."

"The refugee cause is a global challenge. We all need to act together! Thank you to Bigpoint and the players for their solidarity with people on the run." says Christine Andersen, contact for German corporates who support UNHCR.

Thanks you so much!

Your DarkOrbit team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.