[UIP] Darkorbit - Retro Rewind Graphics

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by KilerStreak, Jul 11, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This post was inspired by the pre-existing threads below.
    I have long noticed the "Turn Game into retro mode" toggle within the Display settings, that turn the game into an old style of pixels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I suggest switching this into turning eligible ships, NPCs, maps, UI, structures, etc., into the original graphics from the game's beginning?

I am basing this on the assumption that Darkorbit/Bigpoint retained their previously used graphics, and has not been purged from their systems, otherwise this would 100% be a waste of time and money on their end. But if the graphics are still available, I can see this potentially being worth the effort in applying.

Kind of like a texture/resource pack for Minecraft? Or alike how the browser is capable of switching game engines or display type with the "Choose 2D version" toggle.

Obviously, there are new ships and entities that are incapable of conforming to the "older" style, so they should maintain their modern appearance, while other ships and entities that DID exist, should be be able to change.

2. Retro mode should be the oldest version of their graphics and should only be available when 2D is on, as an addition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.