[SC] darkorbit

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by souleater1, Dec 7, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. souleater1

souleater1 User

Before you decide to stop the regular darkorbit and go to the downladable client you better make sure all the bugs are worked out of it before you change over, because you had better than two years to do this and you waited until the last minute before you decided to due anything so do be surprised when player ship goes way down because of a unplayable downloadable clientis in play!

2. lol, who are you telling this to? They have lots of games they have to convert from Flash to whatever (Unity). These games are all years old and the people who started writing the code in the beginning is long gone. They don't have a choice but to make a change whether all the bugs are out of not. The flash is leaving.

3. souleater1

souleater1 User

these people new about this five years ago when it was first announced and procrastinated until six months ago to start doing anything about it, so you go ahead and defend them if you want, but if they don't get the bugs out of downloadable client so it's at least playable, without freezing every few minutes, then Do is going to lose a lot of long time players. Flash will still be around it just won't have someone like adobe to update it, but the original Flash will still be around for years to come, and there several browsers out there that will still use and support it. it just won't be chrome and other browsers like it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  4. GodFreak

GodFreak User

Yeah, I notice yesterday that the client was freezing up alot. Took me forever to just get my dailies done, and when that was done.... I logged out and found a game I could play on my phone....LOL