Designer's note on Kuiper Gate

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by KrisKelvin, Nov 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. KrisKelvin

KrisKelvin User Team DarkOrbit

Greetings, pilots!

As we are all very excited to offer you a new Galaxy Gate, we also have to address several issues, which we believe are critical for the stability of the game.

The rewards, which the Kuiper gate was giving out, were not working as they were intended, and offering a random Uridium reward as a guaranteed one.

Unfortunately, we didn’t note that earlier and we have to address this, since it does put our overall economical balance at risk.

We are aiming to bring out more interesting and challenging content next year, but to ensure that we have to maintain stability and predictability of the day-to-day pulse of the game.
    Therefore we will be monitoring the results of the fixes over the weekend and we will take any necessary action to make sure, that we can ensure long-term stability as well as keep in the current excitement. This is a critical issue and a critical learning for the design team and we will use this knowledge in future to deliver engaging and rewarding content. We have great plans for next year, and we’ll need your support to make sure we make the game even more fair and even more fun.

I would like to thank everyone, who drew our attention to this issue, our moderators and experienced players, who supported us throughout the development of this gate.

I would also like to add my voice to RickDekard’s in apologizing for frustration and inconvenience this might have caused you.

Yours truly,
    KrisKelvin