Developer’s blog - (August 2015)

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by ASTRAEA, Aug 25, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASTRAEA

ASTRAEA User

Hello space pilots!

This post will be very short and is mostly devoted to the continuous efforts to make the game fairer and more accessible.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Beta Test last Friday. We managed to gather a lot of valuable data. We rolled out newly refactored Red and Blue Booty Boxes, and you guys opened over 110.000 of them! I must say, we are happy with the results.

We removed almost all items of low value to create a rewards composition that should be a lot more attractive to you. While we still have to balance the outflow of super-attractive rewards like LF-4s with items like: rare ammunition, shields, new ships, etc… - we are now very happy that we have managed to remove all the “trash.” You will never get something like MCB-25 from the Red and Blue boxes again.

We are looking forward to seeing the new Red and Blue Booty rewards live very soon, and be sure, we’ll closely follow the new drops statistics and will not hesitate to do even more similar changes in future if necessary.

Last thing I wanted to mention is that the boxes’ rewards are really based on unaltered probabilities, so sometimes the dice would not roll in your favor. It is our goal, however, to make sure that whatever rewards you do get, are meaningful and valuable.

Meanwhile I hope you’re enjoying our Ultimate Battle Arena Seasons and Expo, and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Yours truly,
    KrisKelvin
    Lead Designer, DarkOrbit

Feedback Thread

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.