Developer’s blog - October

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Solid_Eye, Oct 2, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello space pilots!

As the discussion on the forums continues I would like to thank everyone participating and expressing their opinions and concerns. I want again to express my admiration with your passion about DarkOrbit, and I sincerely hope that we can live up to that.

As I have mentioned in one of my forum posts, along with new features we are working on a number of fixes, which were requested by the community. RickDekard would take the floor soon and talk about our plans for the future, and, meanwhile, I would like to discuss some of the issues which were on the table for a while now. In this post I want to put forward two ideas for fixes and gather some feedback. Please bear in mind that these are only our ideas and everything still might change.

First question relates to the LoW gate problem. We have received a number of reports of possible exploits there, so that some players can get inadequately high rewards. While we don’t want to remove the gate or balance down the rewards, we would like to make sure that all players can enjoy it and don’t get unjustified advantages. In the future we’ll be looking into a complete change of the mechanic of this gate because we generally want it to be more interesting, challenging and rewarding. But for now we have the idea to introduce a six hours cooldown on this gate, so that players can only visit it again six hours after the previous gate was finished. What do you think about this idea?

The second issue I would like to discuss is the Battleray availability. We know that some clans use their military power to prevent other players from getting to the Battleray. To make sure everyone has the opportunity to take on this dangerous pirate we want to make sure that players who travel to map 5-3 do not appear in the definite position but in a random position in some area, so that the gates can no longer be camped. This will also help players to get to palladium fields with less risk of getting into the ambush. We also want to provide more Battlerays on 5-3 map. To do that we will also limit the number of Interceptors spawned by each one of them, so that no one would be able to hold a Battleray for themselves forever.

Please note that these are not the only fixes we are working on right now. Be assured that other concerns and requests are also being worked on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly,

KrisKelvin

Lead Designer, DarkOrbit

Feedback thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.