Developers's Blog May Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, May 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hi all :)

We got a new dev blog today for you and look forward to hearing your thoughts on it

Regards,

PS, please, if we can please keep the flaming to a minimum and stick to the rules as we do want to leave your posts intact as much as we can. thank you

2. I really apperciate that developers are looking for solutions against pushers. I really hate pushers, but i think pushing in different events (like in this new parasite tide event) is a way bigger problem than regular mission pushing. Today i saw absolutely too many players shooting little accounts in different map corners and i really hope that it doesn't ruin fair players chance to have a successfully victory in this event.

3. So if there is a botter in a certain map constantly reviving should i have to stop killing him because i dont get anything and continue to allow him to cheat? Is this an act to protect the botters -_- :mad:

Omega likes this.
  4. You can easily stop pushing and advance the game in a better way, if you just introduce restrictions between levels. For example, level 21 player can't shoot level 5 players, what is the point in that really? I understand that this is a PvP game, but what's the point into doing this?

Why I am saying this is because I have created new account on another server, just to check what's the situation for the new players. Well, I got shot 50 times on x-2 map by Colonels. Really, Colonels shoot level 5 players? How would someone expect than this game to have new players? Almost everyone will give up, as I have given up and haven't logged on that account one more time, I just understood it is useless to start over.

Implementing attack level restrictions will solve half of the problem. No one will loose time on leveling another account to level 15 or something just to kill it after. Even if this happen, you can introduce cool down after 4-5 kills, they can't shoot the player for 30 minutes or so.

5. :p when that level 15 guys attcking cbs again and again what will u do :p if u get cooldown of 30 min

6. Is extending happy hours/upgrade hours on the cards? Upgrading modules to level 16 takes longer then 1 hour..

7. Maybe CBS thing has to be redone to functionate on different way. Maybe CBS has to be on some maps, where there will be no restrictions. Not sure, haven't thought of this, but I think that a way can be found. :)

8. read my post: My main has been suspended again, I was the one being pushed and I am being punished for being shot down???

http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/b...r-players-who-are-not-ufe.101378/#post-845107

THE RIGHT DIRECTION WOULD HAVE BEEN TO NOT ALLOW IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Demanders, Hitacs are prime grounds for pushers to hunt down players trying to cause chaos. they have their mulitple botted or purchased accounts to use to pop players off the event NPCs so both accounts get dinged with the violation and they go on flying their main ship without any punishment. meanwhile the other player is suspended and has to rebuild their EP and Honor and wait to get dinged again by the same players....

9. ramnik

ramnik User

I like the ideas, still dont think alot of pushers will be caught though :L

10. -xïx-

-xïx- User

Dear game makers,

It is good that cool new things are being added to the game; however, the Parasite Tide is one of the thing that is parallel to biological warfare. Some of the player might have the first hand experience (the receiving end), and it isn't a good idea to promote biowarfare as game (as a weapon) to the younger generation. It would be nice if the feature is changed or removed because winning at all cost with bio-weapon isn't the best idea to give the younglings.

As for me, I will continue to play the game, but I won't add those weapons to play the game.

-xix-

11. In the sense it still pushing since him botting allows you to farm his kill.

Now with the ideas on pushing most of it is to complete quest faster so the one doing it can resume cubing, bashing gates or both.I think a system to flag certain activities such as a number of kills to (1) player in a set amount of time would help speed things up.Kinda like how flooding chat and stuff real fast gets a cm in your chat even if you in a private chat(yes I know from experience:oops:).

And rite now I see people getting lots of kill points when I don`t see that many people in the maps for everybody to be getting all these kills(like a repeat of scoremageddon) This event is fun but there`s a-lot of pushing going on for a free design....

12. SauronL

SauronL User

Lol, u only want to delete pushing system but thats all ridiculous, some servers are empty. Once ill get ban only because i killed someone who were bothering me. For example he is puting mines under me , he is without clan and he is doing problems. If i kill him, ill get negative honor over and over again but he still can continue in that without losing anything.

13. How about you reduce the number of ship kills needed so people would not have to push on this empty, lame horse of a game.

You constantly stating you are fixing things your not. Like with the recent event who in hell can afford 25 u. ammo? Stop with these types of events grow your player base yet once again, instead of your "money" base and then this would not be an issue.

14. Enigmatic

Enigmatic User

Hello, first of all I'd like to comment to this statement from the official dev blog announcement for May post:

''The problem with these missions is that players kill each other over and over and just earn the mission reward. Generally, we have the anti-pushing system which makes sure that players don’t get rewarded for killing the same enemies too often, but it doesn’t apply to missions. So here are two options I would like to discuss:

• Count cooldown.If you kill the same player over and over, he would be counted for missions only once per X minutes, let’s say 45 minutes. This is a stricter rule than we have for general pushing, but I think we need strict rules for missions.
    • Apply anti-pushing to missions. The other option would be to apply the general anti-pushing rules to missions. So whenever a player would stop getting rewards for a certain enemy, that enemy would also no longer be counted for missions.
    We are not particularly happy with either of these ideas because they would just make multi-accounting more time-consuming, but would not solve the problem. However, that would be one step in the right direction. I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this.''

Once again, you're thinking about the problems such changes would cause to the UFE players, instead of instantly applying this absolutely logical change to the game that would help the newbies thousands of megatons. It'd be the first major change that no healthy player would complain about yet you're concerned about things that you shouldn't. Please do the right thing and apply this change as soon as possible because the fact that the newbies can't evolve due to bullying and injustice is the game's achilles tendon. It's a reasonable leap.

Now, I'd like to tell you what I'd do if I was a developer to fight pushing/my opinion against pushing.

• Player A can kill player B up to 5 times in a period of 30 minutes. If this is surpassed (by player A), next kills of the same ship within an hour would be utterly useless, as they wouldn't receive any rewards/kills for achievements or for missions. Player A can kill the same player again exactly after one hour of player B' 5th death.
    I know that this won't stop multi-accounts but if that's the problem then you can focus there and not on the pushers' actions.
    But my point is that the ones that're in the need of help are newbies and they're the only ones that should be helped. As I said, that fact I mentioned above is the game's demise. I know pretty much nothing of how the game is developed and I have no programming skills but you must apply this change at any costs for the sake of the game's future. You can concentrate on how to solve multi-accs. Maybe that's the real problem here. Besides, I don't think that there's a player with such great patience to create new accs day after day.. :p

Friendly~
    By a long time player.

15. whoeva

whoeva User

You cannot keep declaring people as pushers and deducting ep/honor + game ban for simply playing the game on an empty server!! It's absolutely diabolical to hear about players getting these punishments just for shooting the same player that keeps coming back and attacking them when your own definition of pushing is to co-ordinate with the other player to let them kill or be killed by them. I don't care what you do to resolve the issue of unintentional "pushing" but you must do something in order to stop punishing the remaining loyal players that you have left.

Perhaps something like Enigmatic suggests combined with your script to check players logs to see who is killing who on a regular basis would work ok.

Enigmatic and Ar1esG0D0fWaR like this.
  16. I like the idea of level restrictions. Level 5 players are just getting out the gate, and even lvl 10 is struggling to tread water. A huge help would be if nobody would shot anyone below the rank of sergeant. Its really hard to tell what a players level could be past that but if they could at least make that rank before popping for the 30th time, they may stick around for at least 2 months. If that was a no kill rule for DO, it would also be more frustrating for those that make multi accounts just to pop them for the points.

Now on the flip side, DO has to think about those new players that are, ahem, brave enough to fire upon an obviously greater opponent while lvl 3. I don't know anyone who will, or even should avoid locking and emptying their ammo stores on the thoughtless but brave individual. This would make my first suggestion become mute since we all know you would lose protection when you do this. No player shouild be able to do PVP while in that protected level. They can not say it can't be done. I won't buy into that.

Now, the events, this is where it all gets crazy. Just about all the events are done mainly or mostly in lowers. Everyone, said very loosely, likes to participate in said events. What do we do about pushing prevention during that time?

17. Idk about players exploiting missions, they do them once and it's over so whats the difference. Too little too late should be your motto, since that's always what happens here. How long has this been an issue? 5 freaking years and now you are thinking about fixing the game? How bout addressing the fact there are ZERO new players on my server and the number of active players has been in steady decline since July 2013. Why should I dump any more money into my account when the maps are empty? Not to mention the mountain of other things wrong with the game.

Also, support is terrible. Some decent customer service would go a long way to fixing this game. Americans are used to being treated well by companies they spend money on. But that ship has sailed, especially for me, the way I've been treated by support is sickening.

And the new event sucks. Pure laziness. You couldn't even come up with a good graphic for the bonus boxes.

I'm done here. This game is dead.

I do still plan on playing Drakensang, which is by far a better game overall.

As far as space shooters go, I plan on playing STO Star trek Online, it makes this game look like trash.

DO is a has been, it's too far gone to save.

I wish I never gave you 1000$ for this pile of garbage game.

Buh bye!

Ar1esG0D0fWaR likes this.
  18. Yeah support is still stuck on the "Players are always wrong phrase" And then when they see im correct in my claim I get the "We cant tell you if your wrong or right"....How about support do its job and forward the information without trying to insult my level of knowledge in the game that im very sure I know more of since im actually playing the game and constantly testing numbers in configs.

I don`t get how other BP games have a way better player to Game team communication when DO was the bread and butter of the company for years.....

19. Omega

Omega User

so you guys made a pushing system when bots are collecting boxes and they keep coming back ? and what am I suppose to do if I'm killing cubes or something and somebody keeps trying to kill me but I kill him everytime ? leave the map ? you guys need to revise ur rules and system all together

20. The better solution would be to fix it so that a player after being destroyed has a protection from being killed by the same player for 30 minutes. I was trying to do my part in causing germicide and every time I started to kill another germ the same player came up and killed me again. After the fourth kill in 15 minutes I quit playing. I am not a wimp, level 18, able to solo a cubikon, and usually able to defend myself fairly well, but when you are focusing on killing for URIDIUM and using only credit ammo, by the time you have switched to the GOOD STUFF you are already DEAD.

Give the first kill to the player without any issue, the second kill can only be achieved IF the victim becomes the aggressor (before a preset time has elapsed) as far as the pushed accounts, the third assault would be the last for either player within a certain time period. This would fix it so that a pushed account could only get 3 kills per account per period. This would force the UFE's to change maps they are attacking in and allow more players to enjoy their game. Yes the NOOBIE will still be the target for the UFE's but at least it is not the same UFE attacking him every time he enters into the map.

I am not a fan of PvP game play and do not like being popped every time I am trying to complete a Quest. I do however have more than one account (not for pushing but because OLD Quests were finished and game became boring so I started a new account to have fun again) and have never had 2 accounts open at the same time.

So in closing a player kill in a map every 30 minutes unless the killed is the aggressor and then it is 3 kills with a 30 minute cooldown before either can be the aggressor again. The map restriction is the protection for the victim if he is doing Quests so he returns to the map he was killed in and has a 30 minute protection clock against the killer attacking him again, the 3 kills is the pushing defense and does not matter which map it is in, 3 kills within 30 minutes starts a 30 minute cooldown period for both players starting a fight between each other (this would include assisted assault where another player started the fight). A warning message stating that "you can not attack this player for XX minutes" (the XX = countdown minutes left) for the first killer and then the counter restart if he kills after aggressive move from victim and applies to both after the third kill of the same ship (maximum 6 PUSHED kills between both accounts, assuming they are trading kills and killed is the killer in next fight). Of course, the timer is whatever is decided but I am using 30 minutes as an example, 3 pushes per account is maximum that should be allowed per day but that might be done with a warning that the system has been alerted that this assault is being reviewed for account pushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.