Developers's Blog May Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, May 8, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 2 topics up for discussion here:

• Count cooldown.If you kill the same player over and over, he would be counted for missions only once per X minutes, let’s say 45 minutes. This is a stricter rule than we have for general pushing, but I think we need strict rules for missions.
    This will only frustrate the honest players and make newer players (with less developed ships) more of a target. US West only has a handful of players on at any one point in time, instituting this cooldown will make the people doing quest(s) / hunters look to other maps - lowers for example.
    • Apply anti-pushing to missions. The other option would be to apply the general anti-pushing rules to missions. So whenever a player would stop getting rewards for a certain enemy, that enemy would also no longer be counted for missions.
    The anti-pushing system has already changed the game in ways I don't think the developers have forseen. Much less pvp or hunting by many honest players in the fear of getting their ship banned. I use to hunt on a daily basis, now I have resorted to defending maps and npc hunting because of this. The obscure & vauge number it takes to "get banned" for hunting... (killing the same people over and over) is a very strong deterrent to PvP. I see countless missions being ignored and uncompleted if you apply the anti-pushing to missions unfortunately.

Sorry I couldnt be more help

2. Here is how to stop the problem with pushing, in the TA battles you do not have to go up against a lvl player higher then you with better equipment, why should lower level players have to worry about it in the maps, this forces the UFE to only be able to shoot other UFE thus limiting their kill counts, and preventing noob players from being insta-popped over and over. Also during events like hitac or demanders prevent UFE from shooting anyone shooting those NPCs and allow the noob players the chance to advance their ships and become better at the game and maybe spend a little $$$, thus negating the need to protect your ship and not getting the rewards and not wasted your uri on the ammo you purchased. it would be sooo simple to do this but DO wants the pushing violations to continue so they can get rid of the old users that have been here and seen how this game has changed and protested against all the wrong doings so DO can get a new generation of players that are unaware of the injustice to the players that have been fighting against these problems for years....

3. MяF™

MяF™ User

The whole of idea of allowing 'x' kills before point 'y' will always be flawed, since players can just create new accounts until they max out and start over.

I think pushing on the whole is a difficult issue to approach. On the one hand you need a system that punishes the people who use multiple accounts in order to gain a benefit (which wouldn't surprise me if this was happening during Parasite Tide for the points tally). However any system that tries to deal with those users will also have an impact on regular players.
    Is there not something that can be done to introduce a system that appears to be more common sense, i mean surely you could be able to tell whether somebody has been doing stuff between kills (i.e. npc kills, collecting bonus boxes, destroying another player). Something that would appear different from the illegal pushers.

On the ideas at hand;

Count cooldown - That's just not going to work, with spaceball, CBS's, clan wars etc.
    Apply anti-pushing to missions. - I couldn't care less about missions.

I want to see how you are going to deter pushers from gaining rank points or any form of points offered for kills during certain evets.

PSKSUNDANCE and Ar1esG0D0fWaR like this.
  4. Omega

Omega User

30 min ? you are kidding me right ? that would kill pvp. no clan battles . no 1vs1 .do you even think before you say something ?

quit then .its a pvp game . we all play to kill eachother eventually . if you don't like pvp then stop playing this , seriously its not a farming game . u can't just be like ,I want protection 30 min cuz I died once ,and screw everybody else that likes to pvp I want to kill npcs in peace . -_-

Last edited by moderator: May 12, 2015
  5. Sorry you do not like the suggestion. They are trying to find a way to stop the pushers and as I am doing something and immediately found to be killed again tells me that I am dealing with someone who has some kind of hack anyway. I am not jumping in through the portal so that is not how he is finding me. I usually get to defend myself so that the next player to encounter this person has a chance to send him packing but not in this instance. There can always be exceptions to all rules and WAR is an exception to the SAME COMPANY RULE anyway. 1 vs 1 can still be done just the killed has to fire the first shot in my scenario. And the timers were just suggestions as an example. At least I am not saying BAN all players who kill the same target over and over.

6. The issue at hand is how to keep whatever system from being exploited or worked around. With all the different activities, they have to figure out how the rule switching will work. There are the hunting missions, and then there are events. During the events, although you have a pick of targets normally, sometimes it is the same target that "has" to be shot again, during said time frame, Beacon anyone... On top of that, not all targets are going to be willing to shoot their attacker after respawning. Only the strong will do that. New players will just sit there, like they should so they are not immediately popped again.

Also, they do have to fix the problems in the game. What point is there in advertising for new players if the problems make the players trying it out to become disgruntled. The bots, while nice targets, really get a person down. I remember before the x-2 map bots where cleared out, you could not do the daily missions. Majors, Colonels, and the like stole everything away. I used to have about a 3 minute login time a day because of that and later just quit doing the daily missions. It was more work than trying to stay alive.

7. Omega

Omega User

lol just because he killed you .dude 30 min is insane . and what they could make it so a player only counts for a quest a certain amount of times per lets say 3 days ,and he has to have a certain amount of in game hours being played to be able for that player to count towards the mission and have a certain amount of hours in which he won't count towards the quest . but he can still be shot down . plus I don't hunt for quests , I just hunt . its fun , that's the whole point of the game , you can't just not shoot somebody just because u already killed the player too many times . sure you can make it not count towards the quest ,and after 10 kills receive no rewards for the player , but still be able to shoot the player , kill him etc ,

8. chixonator

chixonator User

• Count cooldown.If you kill the same player over and over, he would be counted for missions only once per X minutes, let’s say 45 minutes. This is a stricter rule than we have for general pushing, but I think we need strict rules for missions.
    • Apply anti-pushing to missions. The other option would be to apply the general anti-pushing rules to missions. So whenever a player would stop getting rewards for a certain enemy, that enemy would also no longer be counted for missions.
    Heres the problem i see with this, During the last EP day i bought 5 days of the 50% ep boosts o i could do all of the new level 21 missions, i did all of the npc ones and started to do the pvp ones, for one of the missions i had to kill 25 aegis on 5-3. i went to 5-3 and there was only 1 person there... luckily (not for him) he was an aegis. but he was the only person on 5-3 and i only had 8 hours of my ep boost and he kept coming back over and over and i got him 16 times before 2 other people with an aegis showed up and i was able to get them for the last 9 kills for my mission. now if the count cooldown was implemented i would of never got this quest done and would probably still be on it today. with the count cooldown this would make it very hard to do the pvp missions because i wouldnt be getting any kills counting towards my missions.

but with this one.
    Apply anti-pushing to missions. The other option would be to apply the general anti-pushing rules to missions. So whenever a player would stop getting rewards for a certain enemy, that enemy would also no longer be counted for missions.

i dont really see a problem with this, as long as it really is when a player stops getting rewards and not when the rewards start going down. Because you can kill 1 player around 10 times before you get no rewards and unless there the only player in the map thats kind of hard to do because most of the time they wont come back or thell be other people for you to kill.

9. .Wagon.

.Wagon. User

The problem with it is that one may consider that if player A kills player B like 10 times in an hour, then they're pushing. But in reality it is not at all true. Almost 95% times both the players are different person and have had a real fight. While protecting the CBS, you may kill the same player 20 times in a very short time, just because he keeps coming and shooting the center/modules. That is not pushing and would you be scared to shoot him and let go your CBS just because of the fear of being banned? That is not fair.
    In a pvp fight if the player B killed by the player A, keeps coming back or shows up in the same map. Why would the player A hesitate to kill him again ? Besides, you can't leave your enemy, you never know when he attacks back. Shooting first is the best defense.

So if these 2 are implemented, the fair players will suffer much more than the people involved in pushing. I'd suggest Developers not to make the situation worse by adding either of these 2 because of a simple reason: " They'd hurt fair players much more and in a sense that they will no longer be interested in playing this game. "

If you have nobody else in the map to kill except 2 - 3 players who keeps re-spawning. Why should you hesitate to kill them?

If the same player kills doesn't count in the quest, How do you suppose we can complete the quest of killing 750 golis or enemies??

Earlier the game had more users, now most servers are not as active as before. So if I can't kill a player more than 5 or 10 times. I should sit and wait for months to complete a quest ?

As per my personal experience, when I kill my war clan player, he eventually comes back for revenge and might keeps coming back till I kill him over 5 times. And sometimes he might even call for back up. What then, should I not kill him as many times I can ?

If my enemy is botting whole day. Shall I not keep killing him in an attempt to destroy his drones ?

The problem of pushing becomes a real concern in events such as the Parasite Tide. Because getting high rank in the event just by pushing is much more easy.

Instead of such measures that affects fair players and ruins their game play. You must introduce more accurate system that only hurts the guilty not every one.

Here are some of my suggestions:

If a player A kills player B for more than 25 - 30 times in a short duration x, say 30 - 60 mins. Then check for the following:

• Check IP and Mac address of both the players. ( In some fair cases the IP can be same as in case of shared Wifi )

• Difference in the Level of both the players. (Usually the difference in their level is huge. If player A kills player B, then player A is usually Level 20 or 21 + while Player B is Level 10 or low.)

• How Active is player B. (Usually player B is not at all much active)

• If player B is killed too many times like 50 - 60 + in a short duration. (Only IF player B is killed too many times which is not possible in a real situation. Like 50 - 60 times or more in 30 - 60 mins.)

• The ammo and items used in the fight. (If emp, rsb, x4, instashield, etc. [like in a real fight] is used by both the players. Usually in pushing, player B doesn't use any of them)

Now only if all these factors matches as in the case of pushing. Then only punish the players and stop counting the kills for the quest.

In reality player A can kill player B for 15 - 20 times in a fair manner. We need better system that doesn't punish legit players and destroy the game play for many.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    jackknife and whoeva like this.
  10. whoeva

whoeva User

And in the meantime players are getting punished and banned for the crime of playing on empty servers and trying to complete quests fairly :(

Ar1esG0D0fWaR likes this.
  11. DO wants the pushing to continue, they want dead servers, they don't want the old players to continue so they can get a new generation of players that are unaware of the injustice they have been putting REAL players through for years! They DON'T care about players only profits, if everyone stoped playing for a month and show DO dev team/ admins, higher ups, what they are doing to the players that have stuck it out for years of them allowing the cheats, bots and hacks that controlled and in some cases still control the game, show them 0 profits for a month and then maybe they will decide to either fix the problems they created or shut the whole damn thing down. They wont change their behavior if the players continue to accept it!

whoeva likes this.
  12. A month??? I miss a day and I get upset. Not everyone sees what is going on, which explains the "unaware." I think they need multiple teams. From everything that is happening, and the events, it really looks like Dark Orbit is a 20 person team at the home office of which probably only 5 are dev/programmers. They need to have multiple teams just to locate and work on the problems. A lot of the problems are the same on all the servers and like I have said many times over could probably be fixed on a common core server. At the same time, they could probably do with a team for each server working around the clock to locate and work on problem players. I am not sure how much DO could be taking in monthly but it seems that if a server could not pay a team, that would be a sign something needs to be done. Cheats get called out in chat and forums and DO squelches the accuser, which makes game moral even lower and the cheater cheats even more. Some say the cheats pays a lot into the game and we all know money moves mountains. Unfortunately we, players, don't have the real access to gather the needed proof, and the T&C makes it impossible to request what is needed.

Ar1esG0D0fWaR likes this.

13. Who can afford the 25u infection ammo?

Players that bot on bonus boxes while paying for bonus box doubler and having PET kitted out for salvage bonuses stealing 1million+ uri per week while using stolen uridium and stolen galaxy gate energy to build gates and effectively steal the rewards like drone designs, on top of stealing everything else they have stolen including stolen uridium paying for upgrades!

These are the players that can afford the ammo because their millions of uri per week is free to them!

14. The infection ammo was never meant to shoot people down with, you only need to shoot a few rounds to infect them....its basically like ammo you shoot first (PIB,x4,RSB) just a 3rd ammo in combo but only needed to really shoot once unless the guy your shooting has the cure cpu.But like all thing, this decreases and increases the affectiveness of ships.I wont spoil the fun in that so im not giving ship names ;)

15. If developers plays enough darkorbit they can fix all the little bugs. Example: Hanger, pet glicthes, base graphic glitch, Dissonnection problem and the thing to click on hanger is not accurate enough it sometimes glicths like hanger 1 shows me hanger 2 preview you know.

I also wanna change my LOGIN username....

Last edited by moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  16. Nothing.

Did the devs did something For newbies? No.
    The Devs did something to balance the game? No.
    Did the Devs actualy Thinked about Newbies? No.

Why the game is Dead? Because the Devs make Events/New gear/Features only for UFE's, It's Pretty Obvious why the game is dead.

I'm Playing another Game called Battlestar Galactica online, Even if the game looks Dead i play it more because It's more balanced.

Seriously, Create new Maps, New aliens, More Features, and make them avaiable to ALL, Not just only UFE's...

whoeva likes this.
  17. *Boots*

*Boots* User

I am seeing a lot of problems being addressed that don't exist. Pushing is not a problem it is a symptom of a problem. Unintentional or intentional pushing is a result of empty servers. You're trying to address a symptom, not the disease. The disease as so many have pointed out before is empty servers. Why???

-Game Economics: BP is to greedy... they need to make it cost less, and easier for free players to progress.

Some solutions:

-x4 times the contents of boxes
    -5 palladium per spin
    -include pet fuel in regular boxes
    -cut prices of items by 4 times
    -give premium users the following:
    -1/2 kami cool down time
    -Premium Auction with pet gears and newer game items
    -double log in bonus
    -double npc rewards

Either way this would get people playing again. I came back from a 1 year hiatus because BP GREED and found not much has changed. I was actually surprised my account was still there. I do appreciate the ammo capacity change. I do NOT appreciate the LOW gate change(you've taken an income stream away from the free/low cost player). You did long ago have no cool-down on kami and this almost fixed the game economics then you found the solution and fixed it till it was broken.

Why are you developers pretending to care?? your game is flushing itself because of greed and you're pretending to take your hand off the flusher... STOP IT!!!

Fix the problem.. not the symptom!!!

Boots

18. All free items kinda removes the competitive nature of a game.Some changes can be made to better the feel of the game but pets are easy to get as is no need for pet and pet gear to be in auction.And kami is a recharge of 30 seconds if you use lvl 3 kami.Log in bonus could be tweaked,Npc can be buffed or simply more quest that pay better.Gate spins and pally system could use some attention as gg spins seem less likely to get parts these past few months.

No need for a senseless rant as you have done.

19. *Boots*

*Boots* User

The Basic problem is not addressed. This is all I am trying to say. My 'senseless rant' as you state is anger directed at those that tiptoe around a problem that has been around since they started bringing out things like pilot bio and rapid spending battery(rsb). I'm curious Bman, do you honestly think people would be pushing as much if the servers were as full as when we started??

Boots

20. You cant be forced to push, and I will not describe the process.The problem with communication is people make long drawn out comments that repeat what they have said before.And then throwing what ever comes to mind in the mix means more reading the same comment in different words for admins and game devs and whoever else reads the post for the DO team.

The problem we have is more high price uri items so we need more ways to make uri which doesn`t mean that we need to make 500k uri in a day as a free gamer but enough to actually bulk up in a timely fashion.Pet gear and stuff comes after getting FE when you have enough shields and experience with emps, cloaks. instas, slow mines and so on to actually have a chance of getting away while you either box or collect palladium when you have the pet.

And if you want things done have your friends read forums as player feedback is an essential part of any games development.

And a fair warning, angry messages can cause your post to removed or get you banned from forums similar to a chat ban.DO has been nice enough to consider player feelings but theres a limit for everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.