[SC] Diminished Rewards

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ReallyUnstable, Feb 24, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So let me get this straight. I bought an XP booster for 5 days, the 50% one. I then proceeded to start doing my quests and I am now on Conversion Theory. I need to kill 230 Blighted Kristallons, and 500 Blighted Gygerthrall, along with collecting 1200 Hybrid Alloys, I need to do this quest while I still have my XP booster, that involves a lot of griding so why the hell am I being punished in the form of getting diminished rewards for playing the game and killing the NPCs that I NEED for the quest? If this was a way of dealing with bot users, then guess what, you catastrophically failed and on top of that you're also punishing legit players, there are some people that will grind games all day from the moment they wake up till the moment they go to bed and I don't think it's fair to have BP act as the guardian of said person and basically tell them how much they can play the game. This was such a stupid implementation and it'd do with a good reform.

2. what do you mean by diminished rewards? the rewards are not the same as they were before?

3. oTiKio

oTiKio User

if there is no diminish rewards bots will make trilios of uri they farm 24 7 every day its why you see ships you never heard of with 10 000 + hours but are trash players they simply never play just bot.

4. Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  5. memrix

memrix User

no it doesn't affect mission rewards :)

6. Dark-Xenon

Dark-Xenon User

yeah it doesn't affect mission rewards, but if I were still doing hella quests with a 50% xp booster, I wouldn't want my rewards to get diminished for killing the npc that I need for my quest. Some quests have you kill thousands of npcs, so now I shouldn't try to finish my quests before the xp booster expires ? I should be getting full rewards from those npcs regardless of how long I've been on cuz some people, me included, really dont have much of a life so all we do is work and game.
    Bots still do that lol, like Really Unstable said, this wasn't the way to deal with bots as they can still do the same thing now, this just ended up punishing every player, regardless if you used bot or not.

7. oTiKio

oTiKio User

They did that to force ppl to cash more so they punish bots ( ak satisfies ppl who complain ) and in same time it kill the honest hard working player ( ak force to cash or be free food for 2-3 k hours ) that is the eco sistem that do create is why i refuse to cash i feel like a dumb imbred if i ever cash since do see us like trash.

ReallyUnstable and oversoulpaul like this.
  8. Well actually the solution is simple, but we will never see it.
    Rebalance all the game economy, the quests rewards, gates and aliens are the same since 2006 but the costs of the game are 100 times higher.

To grow a ship from scrap(new player) to UFE u need more than 20.000.000 uridium.
    Assuming u kill 100 BKs a day u make around 50.000 uri a day which means 20.000.000/50.000=400 days of hard farming (exlcuding the new stuff they add while u do this).

I dont think someone starting playing a new game will spend 1.500€ to go for the best gear. Because the main problem is the grinding (they are hard focusing on it, just see the QZ where u need more than 700 to lvl up only the prometheus to lvl 16)

ReallyUnstable likes this.
  9. I've been saying this for years. Back then 5 mill Uri would be enough to be FE. Now you need waaay more than that, the game, the equipment, everything is more demanding, yet the rewards from the NPCs have remained the same, and now they punish us for grinding for a long time to get the stuff that we need when it was them in the first place that made it this way.

PacificNW likes this.