[TI] DOWNLOADABLE CLIENT BROKE

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ΣVÏŁ_ŠİŦĤ, Jul 16, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So just wanted to make you all aware the last MS Update that just came out this week broke the downloadable client on my machine.

VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found was the error I was getting when launching it. I'm providing the Microsoft community link to the download that fixed it on my Windows 10 machine just in case anyone has this issue after their machine downloads the update MS released this week.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Wingm8 likes this.
  2. Downloadabel clien is nothing better than usual client(browser) for now.

3. Mod-Rogue

Mod-Rogue User

Hello ΣVÏŁ_ŠİŦĤ

I will pass that higher up to the Dev team :)

Thank you for your time and effort to find the issue

Regards Rogue

ΣVÏŁ_ŠİŦĤ likes this.
  4. Your welcome Mod-Rogue. I need to see what Microsoft was patching or what was including in their update for July because it looked like what is did was removed the VCRUNTIME140.dll.

5. Okay I found this which is why I believe there was an impact to Visual Studio but cannot verify what the fix actually affected during the update
    CVE-2020-1481 | Visual Studio Code ESLint Extention Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

6. DoloresIX

DoloresIX User

Hello ΣVÏŁ_ŠİŦĤ,

I am pleased to hear that you were able to resolve this issue yourself. I am unsure that the CVE is related to this issue, but you are correct in that reinstalling the runtime is the correct way to solve this problem.

Do you have any futher questions or comments on this matter?

Kind regards,

DoloresIX

7. Hello DoloresIX. No I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this just incase it happened to anyone else.

8. Delta.

Delta. User

I can't launch my client soon after i installed it, i tried to run as administrator as well but still nothing is showing up. I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit with 8gb ram. Anyone got a solution?

9. Mod-Rogue

Mod-Rogue User

Hello @Delta.

Did you try to uninstall it and try again ?

Regards rogue