Drone Formation Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Okapi32, Jun 29, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yep :). I got 100k spins in the kuiper event so im good.

2. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

how?

3. the Kuiper boxes. They were giving me 100+ spins a box on the first 2 days. i had a box doubler, bio, and salvage prots on pet. made 50k a day

4. The boxes were only that high for 1 day.

5. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Darn missed that event. Man 100k spins is enough to get full havocs or hercs :eek:

Coming back to the drone formations.

Yeah changing Ring was kinda weird but oh well, I didn't get it. :p

Sucks that other people got it and were subsequently disappointed.:(

There might be some more interesting interactions with Dome formation now. Might well be possible to solo cubes with Aegis / Citadel with credit ammo and no kami... possibly o_O

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. Just use the heart formation - if you are lazy with SAB-50 and/with/conjunction Battle repair bot...sit all day in your goli...till :eek:

7. Well I started reading this thread but at about page 3 or so I thought of a question. So I'll just get right to it then go back to reading. I don't think the answer is already in this thread :rolleyes:

Drill Formation

Laser damage is increased by 20%; however, shield points are reduced by 25%, shield spread by 5%, and speed by 5%.

What is exactly meant when referring to Shield Spread it's a 5% affect so could use some clarification.

-FT

8. With the BO-2 Shield generators you get a 80/20 spread this changes it to 75/25 and would be different if using any BO-1's in the configs. Damage is inflicted to your ship with shield/hull spread. You can actually see what the spread is with equipment on ship on the overview page of the Hangar (this does not include any Bio/PET/Formation changes it is as equipped in Hangar).

Hope this helps you understand Shield Spread.

9. The DOM formation is a little buggy, some German players say, that there's a shield regeneration cap of 5000 shield per second like the Diamond formation. Can somebody confirm it? I can't have 1,6 Mio. shield.

10. Markia143

Markia143 User

I think for what the Dome does, a regen of 0.1% is too low (I know there was a typo for 0.01 before). I think it was designed in mind with using it for a Citadel to sit on a CBS and defend it, I can't another use for a formation that causes the user to have 0 move speed. The issue is that 0.1% is fairly low, just 1,000 regen per 1,000,000 shield - whereas the Diamond grants 5,000 regen and allows the user to move freely and still shoot regular damage.
    The Dome's biggest weakness is the user is a sitting duck for DD mines as soon as they put on the formation and I feel like the 0.1% regen just isn't enough to justify the risk of not being able to move. If I was a Citadel defending a base I think I would just use ring (180% shield booster) so I could use my abilities, chase after the groups, avoid mines etc all while having this massive shield to tank damage for my group.
    My suggestion would be that a 1% regen would work much better, then I'm doing 10k regen per 1mil shield and would take the risk of a few mines in order to quickly get some shield back.

11. In shop

In shop the description of Dome Formation is different of what is yours.

Shield points are increased by 30% and regenerate by 0.5% per second. Cooldown times for rockets and rocket launchers are reduced by 25%; however, laser damage and speed are both reduced by 50%.

12. i still see no use for the dome formation. I can see how the X formation is good for noobs that are looking for creds and uri more than honor, but the dome is an insult. Someone please tell me the use of it. 25% cooldown time for rockets is nothing compared to the 50% less dmg and speed.

13. 50% more PLT and HST rocket damage would be better.

14. Still the odds would be against you with 50% less damage and speed.

Still the odds would be against
    oh sorry, you were right only the first day

Last edited by moderator: Dec 2, 2016
  15. How about removing speed debuff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.