Drone Formation Guide

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ♫_____Kцsaлagi│EIC│™, Jul 3, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Konnichiwa , darkorbitians :3

I would like to introduce Drone Formations for better game-play. Enjoy !

Arrow Formation : A good beginner formation. If you have a Leonov+Full LF3+PLT3030+Sep , you can earn EP's very good in x3 - x4.

----------------------------------------

Turtle Formation : I don't recommend this design so much. But you can use it in Pally - Box Collect. Gives %10 Shield bonus. But decreases %7.5 damage.
    Chevron Formation : If you're a FE user and you have a Leonov , you can kill Enemies and NPC's soo easy. But there are more primary formations than this.

Double Arrow Formation : Senior-Moth formation. Increases shield penet %10. But reduces shield power %20. I don't recommend to buy this. You ca buy Moth with a bit more uridium.

Star Formation : Good defense design. If a Goliath disturbs you. And if you're a FE Leonov , this is your one. Increases rocket damage %20. And HST reload time %33.

Diamond Formation : Good NPC killing formation. But , if you want to earn good EP , you need minimum 300K shield. And 500K shield for escaping portal. But all in all , Diamond is a good and recommendable formation for earn EP.

Heart Formation : I think this is a first-need-to-buy design. %20 HP and %10 Shield Power. Only decreases %5 damage. But you can close it with a design. And you have only plus ways. If you have an Aegis , this is the best design for you.
    Moth Formation : If you want to use this formation , you MUST be atleast minimum a S-UFE.

Shield penetration %20 and HP Increase %20. Howewer , your shield is decreasing %1 every 5 sec.

As i said before , you must be a S-UFE for this ship. (Everything full , 6-7 LF4 , Some Havocs etc.) Or you will blown up easily with a 100k damage.

Pincer Formation : A good PvP formation. Used with Moth is recommended.

Crab Formation : A good and strategy design. If you're a S-UFE , use it with Sentinel , and ok. You're boss :cool:

With this , taken damages going directly shields. So you have a lot of time to be ready (or escape).

---------------------------------------

Barrage Formation : Second best EP design. Only decreases Shield Leech %10. But you can close it with DMG boosters. A nice and needed design.

---------------------------------------

Bat Formation : The BEST of the BEST ! If you have money , you should buy it ! Gives %8 DMG - %8 EP bonus against NPC's. You can see it only in Halloweens.

A NOTE : If your Pilot-Bio is less than 15 , you shouldn't buy a formation.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Silviu

Silviu User

A good small tutorial for newbies, but man, that color is hurting my eyes..

[​IMG]

3. I didn't want to use that colour. But Forum's text system o_o

Editing.

4. Silviu

Silviu User

Much better and easier to read without getting a headache. Thumbs up :D

5. I use heart with diamond when my hpdrops under 50% I go from heart to diamond.

6. Got moth and heart first *phew*. Good thing I wasn't stupid enough to buy the others first xD
    Great guide, thx.

7. a question on the Moth if anyone is watching this thread and can advise..

when your shield is at zero but you still have HP... does the moth still give 20% shield penetration or does it lose this function
    eg if you run so called 'suicide' configs or simply that the formation has taken all shields after the seconds required...

8. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

20% shield penetration means the amount of dmg that goes to an enemy's hp passing shields (dmg distribution). your shields has nothing to do with that.

9. thankyou as this has been worrying me :)... maybe I will use it more now.

10. Double Arrow, Barrage, Crab, Pincer and Star formations are all complete crap.

---

Double Arrow is obsolete because of moth.

Barrage does almost nothing worth mentioning (5% damage is awful, it's completely inferior to chevron). You're better killing an NPC before its shields with Moth, or tanking it out with Diamond/Heart.

Crab is generally useless unless you're involved in MAJOR PVE and by which I mean large group hunts. (Has zero use against NPCs including cubes, especially as Kami procs *ONLY* from HP damage). Diamond and/or Heart formations are superior in regards to tanking.

Pincer formation is NOT best used with Moth, Heart formation (to continue the 20% hp boost) is. Pincer is only 3% also, which is nothing (also inferior to chevron or perhaps even star)

Star formation increases rocket damage by an amount so small that I don't even notice it, and makes the rocket launcher take 9 seconds to load fully rather than 8. Utter crap, Chevron is massively superior for damage output - otherwise use Heart.

So to summarise:
    Double Arrow is useless because of Moth.
    Barrage is useless because of Chevron, Moth, Diamond, Heart, Arrow.
    Crab is useless because of Diamond, Heart.
    Pincer is useless because of Heart, Moth, Chevron.
    Star is useless because of Chevron. (Unless you want the HP, in which case use Heart)

11. NemJones

NemJones User

MAn i love moth

12. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

All depends on playing style.