EASIEST GATE

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MANTA, May 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. MANTA

MANTA User

Just need some help, what gate that a "SUB-ELITE" ship can do? Sub-Elite = all credits guns, shields, and drones or mixed with some uridium items, so.... i really need some help, what gate? ^_^

2. Just start with the alpha gate. It is all regular npc, except that the BK's will all shoot from the start.

3. jackknife

jackknife User

practice on the BK;s first then do alpha i second PSKSUNDANCE

4. lampas

lampas User

Zeta! Its "hard" as alpha, u get more out of it, but needs more parts :)

5. lampas needs more parts, but not more extra energy...

6. You can do alphas, even betas, epsilons and lambdas, just be patient and circle well.

Maybe even zetas, although the last two rounds with the infernal ship may be tricky for you. (circling is harder to do, but can be done)

Only gate I'd say you can't do would be Hades (which is a group gate anyways) and Kappas, as they have two hard hitting last waves where you can't avoid the enemy fire.

Either gate you do, have at least some sab and some x2 ammo to get you out of jams, and speed the gate up.

Tarron likes this.
  7. Well, first I would advice as someone said above to practice circling well around Kristallons and around the NPC on your x-5 map. If you can do it without taking much damage from the NPC, than build Zeta's and nothing else! Zeta gives the best rewards, compared to the other gates! Will help you in getting better skill tree, will help you with getting Apis/Zeus and you will receive extra uridium as a reward which you can use to buy FE equipment.

As a side note, as your damage isn't too high, when doing Zeta go with boosted lasers, rockets and engines/shields. :) Will help you to complete the gate easier.

PS. Before doing Zeta, watch a couple of videos on YouTube so you get used to the gate. It is not hard gate, just to give you a heads up :)

PPS. And yes, don't open Alpha, Beta, Gamma .. Those gates will be a pain for you, cause you will need to tank a lot of damage on some waves, especially Kristallons and Protegits.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  8. Type-0Z

Type-0Z User

You first must have 10 G3N-7900 if you use Goliath.

9. Runcho

Runcho User

Guys, please read what he says - he is not even basic FE! And tbh for a noob alpha prots are gonna be hard, especially in that ship, not to mention beta gate. So at the end zeta will be considering the best choice, he can run freely over there and rep when needed, however it will be pretty hard to open as he does low dmg so he will gain the uri much slower (I say 2 weeks hard work if shooting NPCs to open zeta)

10. The OP doesn't need to shoot NPC to open for uridium, cause the gate won't be worth.

Just collect boxes, you will receive a lot of uridium, ammo, and free GG energy which you can use to open Zeta.
    Approximately, you need 1,500 - 2,000 GG energy to open the Zeta :) Like this, the rewards from the gate will be much better, cause you didn't spent any uridium to open it.

11. Runcho

Runcho User

Yea about that...

How do you think that he will get those 2000 free spins? I boxed the other day for a few hours, at the end got like 200 spins (in bmaps). The other option is pally, but there he can be popped easily by enemy players and in his ship he will be in trouble if he gets jumped by annihilator.

12. I didn't said that by killing NPC he will get spins :D. I said that better box the gates, instead of killing NPC and spent that uri for a gate, which won't be worth in the end (cause he will give much more uri than the gate will give him rewards).

13. Runcho

Runcho User

You know, this is not just for him, this is for everyone in general. The gates always have been taking more than giving in return in matter of uri. I'm sorry, but I am confused with your comments. The way I see it - either shoot NPCs or collect boxes, if you wanna open the zeta gate it will take you at least 2 weeks, because the parts required is very high.

14. If someone else finds this confusing, let me explain than.

To open gates, you either can:
    • collect boxes to receive GG energy, which you will use to open the gate WITHOUT spending uridium
    • shoot NPC or whatever you do to get uridium, and open the gates with uridium spins
    Thus said, if you follow step 1. you can open all the gates for free cause you are boxing for uridium, meaning, the rewards from all gates will make you 100% profit.

Following step 2, if you want to open Zeta, you will have to spend 150,000 - 200,000 uridium to open it. Well, the total reward from Zeta (if you include the log disks rewards and the booty keys) is 100,000 uridium.

So, yeah, calculate your trade offs and which way is better.

Hope I am clear now. :)

PS.
    So untrue. Gates are ALWAYS worth, if you know what you are doing. :)

15. Runcho

Runcho User

10 hades done 1 LF-4

Are they?

16. I guess we all know that Hades has low % of getting LF-4, don't we? It is a group gate, I am doing it for fun, not with frustration to get LF-4.

17. zeta gate just sep up laser, shield and rockets it will take time but can be done with x1 ammo so any ammo u gain can be saved or used in the gate to make it much easier. i used a ton of x2 i got pallying up my first zeta that plus sep made the gate very easy. get outfit and go 5-3 to build gates if u dont have pet get one soon so it can collect with you

18. Bakjam

Bakjam User

I always recommend Lambda, you need to do 5 (or at least 3 on kronos day) anyway. This gate is the easiest to build (because all spins go for 1 specific gate only), there aren't much aliens (which is good against lagg) and the hardest wave is 3 bosslordakium, which you can preaty easily circle. Of course, this gate doens't have the best pay-out but considering your're a sub-FE, it's not bad either. The rewards include a good mix of uridium, ammo (x4), some honour for selling ores and a few booty keys.

Rewards Lambda gate:
    About 21K uridium (NPC included)
    10K UCB x4
    5 bootey keys
    100,000 honour (when you reached 500K honour, you can get the maximum prize per ore).

I wouldn't recommend zeta gate, it features an ish npc (look it up) and if you never shot one it could be hard to finish them of. Alpha gate has fewer parts and it might not seem that hard. But don't be dissapointed if you fail! Especially due to the enormous amount of npc you could be likely to get lagg and die quickly, moreover, the last wave includes 30 protegits from which you can't run away so you will need to be stronger for those gates first.

Other gates are a no go as well, most of the waves are to big to be completed by you at your current stage. Just go with lambda, get to know the whole idea of ''galaxy gates'' and soon you'''ll be ready for the other ones.

Hint: before entering any gate, make sure to know what your''re up against by searching it on the internet (for example: ''Lambda gate''. I recommend the darkorbit wikia, where you can find the aliens in every wave and further advise.

19. hehe it's the same, time spent doing any of those is same so in the end it will cost the same. if u'r boxing to make a gg then u are not shooting npcs and if u shoot npcs u dont box on pvp maps.
    i know we make some uri on pvp with boxes but goal is to build those gg's as fast as u can so spending uri for spins is not a waste in any way.
    it only depands on strenght of ship u have, i think for weak accounts boxing is much better option then shooting npcs.
    for ufe accounts shooting big npcs like cubicons is much better and faster way to open any gate.
    so let me ask you 1 question.
    if u'r not spending uri on gg's what do you do with it?
    we are limited with spending uri in game u can either spin buy stuff for pet or waste it on ammo and boosters.
    you cant get lf-4's or drone designes wich are most important things in game.
    basically everithing you need is in gates. i know there are upgrades and pilot bio but that can wait untill you get all lf-4's and other must have stuff.
    so if you are spending uri on anything other than spining before getting big items you are actually wasting it.
    trust me on what i say here i spent 3 years on making ufe account, and i figure out that i culd do it in 1 year, i wasted to much uri on stuff that are not important(rsb, boosters, sending seprom instantly every day 2 times, doing gates like alpha, betta etc).

• pilot tree
    • drones, LF4 level 16
    • some drone formations that I need
    • P.E.T improvements
    So far, haven't bought a single ammo with uri. :)