Epsilon Gate

Discussion in 'General Issues' started by SkyHero-42, May 13, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SkyHero-42

SkyHero-42 User

hello,

i am building Epsilon gate, just before jumping is there any consideration to use a certain ship and a good perspective how the gate is hard for lvl 16 pilot and other recommendations pls..

thanks a lot

2. ZabusXant

ZabusXant User

Hey, back in the day when they introduced it, they suggested that the aliens in the gate a little faster. If I recall correctly, if you're using a goliath variant, I believe it was 8 speed generators and 7 shield generators for optimal experience before you get enough equipment to power through the gate with no shield, full speed full damage config and moth formation.

TLDR:
    - until you get equipment: full damage, 8 speed, 7 shield generators (assuming you use goliath, if you use other ships, calculate speed to shield ratio)
    - if you feel powerful enough: full damage, full speed, moth formation regardless of ship is optimal.

Reasoning for moth:
    In gates the shields of NPCs absorb less damage (60% absorption I think, or maybe 50-50) which means with moth each shot is at peak efficiency as any alein dies with having shields leftover.

EDIT: Try this suggestion for the first wave or two and see how it feels. Maybe 8 shields and 7 speed is more optimal. You'll figure it out

jayherbo likes this.
  3. SkyHero-42

SkyHero-42 User

thanks a lot, looks very challenging i have reviewed the gate info in game guide, i think the difficulty of waves is cumulative and i can adapt configs accordingly, but i fear last 2 or 3 waves. however:
    -i have solace ship
    -very good lasers
    -with moth formation i use full speed on config-1
    and half speed on config-2
    thanks..

jayherbo likes this.
  4. jayherbo

jayherbo User

It's easy, you'll smash it :cool:

5. SkyHero-42

SkyHero-42 User

thanks for your response, preparing & getting ready