[GI] Euh..Nerf please.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by memrix, Feb 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memrix

memrix User

I thought the pusad was the fastest ship, guess not
    A solace with wheel formation and perhaps a module is able to catch-up with me and kill me.

I had a big lead, and he just...was faster, this can't be right

2. Zecora

Zecora User

It's more of a suggestion than an issue. Nonetheless, I agree. Speed is a statistic in this game which appears to be desperately equalized. Speed among ships is either the same or they have very minuscule differences. A Vengeance is now slower than a Hecate. Honestly, this feels plain wrong and takes the thrill off these ships.

3. memrix

memrix User

This also ironically removes more than a few options one can bring to a fight, as you now can't reliably use a fast ship like vengeance and pusad as they are now totally outclassed by ships like solace. Sure it's more of a suggestion rather than an issue, but this is not fairplay

oversoulpaul likes this.
  4. Bakjam

Bakjam User

SPC-SPD01
    The +5% speed module for the Goliath, Goliath-X, Hecate, Sentinel and Solace can be very powerful indeed and does allow them to catch up with Pusats in accordance to the following math:

Solace speed
    Base speed: 540
    +5% (speed module): 567
    +5% (wheel formation): 595

Pusat speed
    Base speed: 588
    +5% (wheel formation): 617

This means that unless you are using wheel as well, ships with the above module and the wheel formation will be faster than you, which is indeed a huge pain and the exact reason why I consider the Solace to be the best ship currently available. In short it means that you can no longer rely on your base speed, you need the wheel formation.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    memrix likes this.
  5. I believe solace speed in wheel with the new module is actually 594

6. memrix

memrix User

it might also be possible that he doesn't know due to not having the required equipment, either way if if it 595 or 596 is too fast to get away from as i do not have wheel formation (and am not planning on buying it frankly, i have so little faith in the devs that i'm sure they'll find something else to ruin the meta even further)

oversoulpaul and Bakjam like this.
  7. Rawlinson

Rawlinson User

Where do you find this SPC-SPD01.

8. in my inventory...
    It came from Frozen Labyrinth event.
    I don't use Solace, maybe i should.

memrix likes this.
  9. memrix

memrix User

given the many, many buffs for it, i would highly recomment it.

10. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello memrix,

Thank you everyone for assisting the user with their concern. As mentioned above it could be possible for a Solace to be at a close reach with the Pusat.

With the Pusat ship spped at 618 prome'd and wheel formation active it's speed sets at 618.
    Capture22.PNG

The Solace with prom and wheel formation comes at 566.
    Capture23.PNG

With the Ship upgrade module SPC-SPD01 bonus of +5% Speed the Solace ship speed would near around 594/595. It is quite possible for both ships initially START at the same pace, then eventually at a long distance the Pusat would outrun the Solace.

Then there is the whole issue with screen lag and etc which could result in the Solace being near your area.

We hope this answers your concern.

11. memrix

memrix User

i do not have wheel, so that's my concern, as i need wheel now to just survive..an expense i was hoping to avoid

12. Deter

Deter Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Closing as answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.