Everybody Just Runs

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Omega, May 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. No offense but this sounds like whining because you can't get a kill on those that run away.

People run because they don't want to get popped. Why should DO give the advantage of anti-running to full out PvP players because they can't find something else to do?

This game may be PvP based but most of the time (including up to UFE).. it is spent farming and therefore people want to farm, and not get popped.

In PvP battles.. not getting popped means you have a chance to fight back. If people don't fight back and just run, maybe you should weaken yourself down so they feel a need to keep fighting.. which will probably increase the "fun" factor of it.

hmmm likes this.
  2. Omega

Omega User

I get the point that they are running when they don't want to fight . but when they do fight and just run all the time its annoying , plus I'm saying that they should give us an option to counter that , like make something like the emp since we have emp for dcl-r slow down mines freeze .players attack , etc . or make freeze available for everyone , that's the point I'm trying to make .I get that some people all they want to do is farm but still its a pvp game so expect getting popped

3. Well that's the thing. Everything in this game needs a counter. The EMP just serves to remove the lock, the rockets serve to slow down / damage / lower accuracy. If you add something in to counter an EMP, you would have to add another item in to counter the counter, which would restart the whole debate.

Non-counter-able items would be heavily abused, and constantly complained about. Right Now PVP is about how fast you can destroy a running opponent, which if your having issues with inactive clan, join another so you can plan a cage around a running enemy, and pop them from there.

4. Omega

Omega User

no since the emp counters several things . we just need more things to counter ,and all I'm talking about it something similar to the emp but that works for slow down items , everybody can use it . so ?

5. So you want to remove the ability from the EMP the ability to remove active rocket statusi like freeze... then force people to get an entirely new item simply to counter slow downs?

6. Omega

Omega User

no lol . I want to have another counter for freeze since one counter against 5 things is not really ideal , so that way you will have 2 , you can still use emp , but you would have the other thing also

7. SO you want force another item for people to use... which is exactly what I stated in the previous post? Remove from EMP, force them to buy another item

8. Omega

Omega User

why would u remove the emp . no u keep both ,u r not force to use it .but u can;t just have one counter for one thing .you can use both . or none ,or only one , but there needs to be another counter ,not just 1 against 5 , but idk 2 against 5 things , seems reasonable -_-

9. So how is 1 more item countering 5 different types of enemy attacks going to help you PvP? That basically means now they can EMP, wait for you to lock again, then <Item_Name> it again, while running off still.

10. Omega

Omega User

well that's how I know u don't pvp often . yes they can use it . but I can make the use it wastefully . without any effect , and I can choose when its right to use it . its not just about as soon as u have it use it -_-

11. This is what I'm referring to:

The bolded text. You originally started off by saying you wanted a counter for the EMP but you've switched your story around to now wanting 2 counters to the rocket. Which is what you were originally speaking about in your first post. Please make up your mind on what exactly you are going for so I can get my facts together and properly debate this

12. Omega

Omega User

read my stuff again , why the hell would I want a counter for the emp , I always said about running always said another counter for freeze rockets ,never switched to something else , u might of just misread that

13. relax

relax User

Dude, take your spearhead and test their ships, you will kill a lot of players.

14. XScattaX

XScattaX User

move to GA1 or GE1 plenty of good fighters

15. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight (and run) another day.
    BooHoo snot fair he wont stay and get popped but runs ( like any sensible weaker ship would) away.

whoeva likes this.
  16. u gonna wine about npc running 2?

17. zgongz

zgongz User

lol

18. The there is the yo get ice or you ice your enemy just in time to catch them, you tboh continue the chase they decel you you emp then they drop a slowdown just enough time to catch ya with it, thats reeeeally annoying, or the run to cbs and emp anc cloak ahahaha .

19. becusican

becusican User

Omega not to be silly BUT if you want to fight, then start a new account. Lots of players will not run then. Just saying... besides if they get popped ALL the time where is the fun in it for them

20. Omega

Omega User

well before my small account was stolen yesterday ,I did have a small account ,I though of that also . and they ran even then -_-