Extend Leo benefits for battle maps

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dreadlok, Nov 27, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What you said is that if you don't put money in this game you can't be stronger? Well, I have to say you are such wrong. I have never put a single euro in the game, and I have FE Goliath, trying to go to semi- UFE at the moment. This game takes time and patience.

jackknife likes this.
  2. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Leo is for Beginners. They need the extra boosts that the Leo provides in Lowers. However, beginners are not meant to go to higher maps because they are not strong enough. Even if the boosts applied to other maps, you can easily be killed by others. There is no real value to Boosts being provided in Uppers. You have ships that are stronger then a Leo with the same equipment.

Tarron likes this.
  3. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

The things is, I've asked and according to the ones that are Fe their Leo's cause a base of 2.5k dmg with lasers and 5k dmg with rockets per volley with LCB-10 and PLT 2026's.

A Goli with a full gun config 31 LF-3's and the same ammo they cause a base of 5k dmg with lasers and 2.5k dmg with rockets. Also employing LCB-10 and PLT 2026's.

My point being that less ammo is employed with the Leo and comparable damage is delivered. That comes in handy when fighting or farming for noobs like me.

My Leo causes less than that but more than the goli I had last week.
    I'm not asking to run rampant in the uppers but being able to fight and or farm in gg and battle maps would help.
    Cost may not be an issue for your accounts but it is a stark reality for a noobs accounts like mine.

4. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Actually, think about it. If Leo boosts were active in bmaps, UFEs would also use it to pop people because of it's double stats. You're still gonna be popped at the same rate.

Tarron likes this.
  5. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Not all would, after all they have invested into their favorite ships I'm certain this would be a passive interest to them at best. Besides according to you, it wouldn't make dramatic changes to what is happening every day concerning the Fe and Ufe.

Except that the noob Leo pilots would have a small bit of leverage in the battle maps and possibly an enjoyable time in gg maps.

That can't possibly be too much to ask.

VESPID likes this.
  6. Uhm a spearhead is faster than a vengeance? even lightning design, just use jamx? lol

leo's double rocket dmg are suppose to save you a lot of credits, leo are fast and menacing, I have never been in one ever in my life (I will continue not to for my tradition) but if it saves you credits it must be a noob ships and noobs do fit well in lowers, a leo in uppers in scary but not as scary as other ships in uppers and lowers.

7. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

I like Mr. Spearhead"s point that a Leo in upper maps is still less scary than other ships in game now.
    Asking for them in b maps and gates is completely reasonable.

8. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

I have no problem for Leo having it's boosts in gates.

Dreadlok likes this.
  9. Clack321

Clack321 User

At UFE, goli does more damage would have more speed, more shields than a leo, even accounting for chevron with full rocket bio, I would say extending it to your companys 4-x would be a good idea, although 4-4 or enemy 4-x maps are not a bad idea, and whoever said not spending money is impossible to get strong, I've spent for premium and rebate, I have over 50 lf4s 45 of then level 16 47 bio points and in the top 10, all it takes it determination :)

jackknife and Dreadlok like this.
  10. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

You NEVER need to pay a cent to be good at this game and be strong.

11. The Leonav was given home advantage a couple years ago for the benefit of newer players/accounts. It is not meant to be used outside of the home maps.

If you think you are ready for a galaxy gate or to pvp outside of the home map. Simply buy a vengeance or goliath from the auction house. They are cheap and if you want to get back into a Leonav, just auction for the ship again. It's not that hard to use the auction house. They only cost a few million credits that you can easily get from using your skylab.

Be lucky that the Leonav has any benefits at all because before 2011, Leonav used to be weak on every map.

I been playing this game for about 6 years and it still amazes me how people complain even though they don't know how easy you have it compared to us old school players.

12. Yup. And we didn't get those fancy tutorials with awesome rewards either DX

13. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

I hear that the Leo's were boosted more powerful than what we got now.
    Makin em more effective in bmaps and gg is better than havin x2 boost to generators and laser dmg "even 4 the 1's in the drones" and x2 dmg for the eco's also.
    I wish I could have had 1 of them b4 they got so watered down.

14. Omega

Omega User

yeah I had lots of accounts .that I just played on to grow . and I used to spend also . but after the game started going down hill I just bought premium and rebate .noobs now don't know when we were noobs and they use to pop us in x-1 maps etc .we used to get poped even more. but they just cry . I'm all for helping them,but now .they just ask for everything to be giving to the, u can check some of my ideas in my threads

15. When the boosts first came out for leo, it was the same as it is now. Double damage from cannons in ship alone and x2 rocket damage, more HP and Shields and double shield power from ship held generators. ECOs weren't changed and if I remember correctly, ecos weren't out when Leos were first given the home advantage.

16. When the home advantage first came out, the Leonav was broken and buggy.

Took two months for them to fix it.

The Leonav is not meant to be used for the battle maps or galaxy gates. If you want to explore those maps, get a vengeance or goliath. Those ships are faster and stronger and cheap and you can get designs for them to make them even stronger.

Stop trying to justify and rectify the Leonav. It's fine as it is.

KilerStreak likes this.
  17. VESPID

VESPID User

I don't see it that way and I am not the only one, it may not be buggy now but it is broken for the times.
    It's effectiveness must keep up in a game where pilots progress, the ships should do so as well.

18. Not how it works bro. Explain why we are not seeing the Cugnot Steam Trolley being used around the world then.

19. VESPID

VESPID User

That's not the concern of this thread, Making the Leo more effective in gg and bmaps is.
    Don't get me wrong, you have a valid point but what say we start by wiggling our big toes first with the leo and focus on the other toes later.

20. BP will not do this, since there are already ships that can take over its role.
    Leo is meant to help noobs in earlier stages and that only, period.
    End of discussion

Omega likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.