[SC] Flash player gone

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ©®lМ∑≈bܧŦ∑Я™, Oct 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Just wondering what happens when flash player is discontinued in December of this year?

2. D34mon

D34mon User

You will be forced to use the client DO is providing as of now. It will be used until the full version of DO in Unity gets released i suppose.

3. Unfortunately, the DO client is presently only available for windows. Mac and Linux operating systems users are out of luck.

=-MULTIVAC-= likes this.
  4. Well actually you can't even use the DO client either because Adobe will be running scripts to prevent it from being ran on any browser or program, and they will be removing any access to Flash Player entirely.

So to answer your question: what will happen is that DO will cease to be a game unless they already have a Unity client, and considering how long it takes to transfer from Flash to Unity, or in many cases to rebuild the entire game in Unity when migration is not possible, is most likely DO will not be able to be played.

So....

5. anduril

anduril User

and today Microsoft announced an update to Windows 10 and Windows servers, to be release in early January 2021, that removes Adobe Flash from the Windows OS and prevents it from being installed again. So goodbye DO "client", it is now official.

UltimaThule likes this.
  6. Lithinir

Lithinir User

This might be the death of Darkorbit if they cannot get an alternative client. Going to cancel my premium, then. RIP.

7. They wouldn't be pumping out new content if the game couldn't work. And no, the client has nothing to do with Flash, don't know who told you that, but I had flash removed from my laptop and it still ran. There is also Java as an option... You guys need to catch up.

PSKSUNDANCE likes this.
  8. They absolutely would as a last ditch money grab attempt. Why do you think the majority of new content almost requires a player to open their wallet?

9. When majority of your player base is cheating and not spending, how would that add up?

10. As many others have said in other posts, its pretty fishy how both majority of bots haven't actually been suspended, and how the worst punishment so far has been a one week suspension. Would not surprise me if the devs were selling those on the side, and even if they aren't, majority of new content can't be farmed, most new ships, alot of the bundles, specific ammo types, all have to purchased, not bought with uri.

11. the botters still pay for prem, doubler so they will still get an income off them, (plus of course the hmmmm sales )

12. You can stack a year of prem for $12, and no one with a brain buys doubler after the box nerfs and changes to farming.

13. thor714

thor714 User

if you don't mind me asking, how do you stack a year of prem for $12.

14. I have another question, Who in their right mind would buy a years worth of premium knowing the current state of the game?

Planearium likes this.
  15. 1: you deal and can stack it.
    2: I mean, you don't need to do 1 year, but you can do 1 year.

Everyone should know this by now....

16. You do realize that the current DO client has a built in Flash Player right? So you removed it from your laptop but it's still on the Darkorbit browser so yes, of course you can run it. It's also built on the Chrome browser too.

You don't even need Flash Player on your computer at all because most if not all browsers already have it installed in the browser itself, which they will be completely removing btw.

And Darkorbit will have to be completely remade onto Java which is an aging program as well so I doubt they would even consider Java at all when HTML5 and Unity would just be easier.

As for the new content argument, they are probably just milking as much as they can before time runs out.

17. I spoke to TL-infinity today about darkorbits future.

he answered me with that the darkorbit dev team is already done with making the game in unity.

I can post a screenshots if u guys don’t believe me but it’s in Dutch (tl infinity is Dutch)

18. I would like to see some if u have some :)