Galactic Strife event feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Deter, Aug 12, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fowgar

Fowgar User

How do the points work? I've had 16+ kills solo in a row without gaining points from people with all sorts of numbers ranging from 12 to 1K+ yet I get no points. Then when I die I lose 300 points. Is the point system bugged or is it supposed to be broken? I cant see a reason to try hard in this event and not gain any points for kills. Can a mod or OP explain why the point system is the way that it is, seems broken in my opinion

2. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

So, finished all the objectives in just over 3 hours (aside from the last two which aren't worth doing for the rewards).
    Got a new ship I'm unlikely to use and 10 neat looking drones I'm less likely to use.
    Now what?
    Never going to be able to compete against all the autolockers and certainly not feeding them reputation, so it seems it's time to just log off and do daily logins only until the event ends.
    Thanks DO, I needed some ME time.,.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. Freedom of choice is the most important of all in events. As in if you want to take part all well and good but if you are going to pvp base this event then stick it on the battle maps and leave the rest of those who just want to go do their own thing alone which is the majority of the players. Unless you are fully tricked out it's a month of not being able to pve because of deaths every 5 mins. If ever there was an event that put a nail in DO coffin lid this is it. Mass exodus. Only choice is gate for a month or leave.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 14, 2019
    _oversoulpaul_ likes this.
  4. pellican33

pellican33 User

Lol yep, I`ve discovered that. Cheers anyway.
    I managed to avoid a couple of close encounters but those massive high rankers make short work of smashing lowies.
    There were plenty of that sort about anyway,and I cant say I`ve seen a huge increase,yet,but those guys are more than happy to make fewer points,12-ish per kill,for the next couple of weeks. It all adds up,right ?? Candy from a baby !!

At this point in my game,I`ve never made it past the 4th system and I really dont see the point in all those others (systems/maps).
    My home 3 are an all you can eat buffet for all the Leg-ends going. As every other noobs home 3 probably are.

5. took 3 hours to get ship and drones now 18 days left of event. imposable to play or do anything in thegame at the moment so i guess it is time for a 18 day break, maby i will find another game in that time ... so i may or may not be back. wont be spending $ ever again cant play so now i wasted money on rebate doubler and premium this month. and they arnt gonna do anything about that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. You can do gates low gate is free, stay in home map near a portal to jump when attacked it's pretty simple to evade.
    This is the first pvp event in a long time mostly been gates and most players complain then it's blm lowers complain again now it's pvp and still say nothing to do haha it's only for 2 weeks and then another event comes soon with B-O3 shields very little damage lots of shields made just for lower players

7. True, but depending on the number of active PvPers, 500 points won't be near enough to get you into the top 100 to qualify for the Reputation rewards. And you need to have a kill to qualify for the Reputation per Kill rewards.

8. In all honesty, I hate this event. Nice to try something different but this shouldve been done after bot ban waves and after multi-company clans are eliminated. The top 5 clans on my server have warred everyone to take positive honor and get as many points as possible.

Here's to 18 days of playing other games, see you all next month

9. It has eliminated half the bots in the pirate maps. It seems people have deactivated the majority of the bots so not to feed others points.

10. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

Top 12 on my server are all over 1500 reputation already - and not surprisingly all from the same clan.
    To even get into the top 100 you'll need over 800.

I had over 1,000 and lost 250 reputation getting killed 3 times by a group of players while fighting with my clan. Not sure how "reputation" points are earned and lost, it isn't well documented at all and seems to be quite random so I think I'm just going to take advice given by .†ι¢є_gяιмσιяє†. and not participate if I can avoid it.

Seems on my server most of the top ranked botters are also on the top for Reputation in this event - Go figure
    The newbie bots are still around sadly, with their blue safety ring around them. Instead of being able to pop them 4 or 5 times, you know get to pop them once and see them respawn with an hours invulnerability.,.
    Legit new players and many seasoned players just seem to have stopped logging in. Most maps are devoid of life aside from the roaming gangs from the top clan and their friends.

One day DO might learn to host an event that doesn't just reward the worst type of player on the server. I doubt it though.,.

11. Rawlinson

Rawlinson User

Pointless waste of time playing cloaked top players every where, will log in every day to get free stuff and come back to play in September

recursos☺☺ likes this.
  12. Where do you see them cause i am always on with 2 accounts and i am having a hard time finding anyone to kill?

recursos☺☺ likes this.
  13. 250 ships in 4-x in 18 days?Please reduced for 5 ships in 4-x.
    Missions?Go that has,can we give 5 Hermes or 175 bot keys greens for set the erros in eventos(players with shields 24 hs,with and death Batle Estacions)
    200.000 uridium for Desruptor very bad in game,change:
    Increase Hp for 375.000 and nano Hull
    decrease lasers for 11 slots lasers
    Increase gerators for 17 slots lasers
    Decrease speed 275
    Increase cargo 2.000
    and infinity extras (+ space slot forever)

14. djsoupstar

djsoupstar User

If I have 0 points can I still get pvp protection? as I'm not actually losing points now

15. Go try and see ;)

16. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

Little hint DO, not that you'll care;

When someone spends hours fighting to get rep points only to lose 10% of them getting killed once by 5 players from an enemy clan - It shows pretty clearly, this the type of player this event is designed for..

Come on DO - Are you really so blind to what you are doing to regular players?

17. seriously a pvp game when the cheats have a bot running there ship, whats the point of emp's cloaks etc, when they are useless against a bot, you probably put the event on to increase yer bot sales. why am I not surprised !!!

18. So basically whoever kills the most bots does the best? Good event.

19. nope , that doesn't work either ... the bots have no more points left :-s you basically have to fly cloaked all day hoping that you can kill a player who has a lot of points and is almost destroyed ...
    once again , great event do :-(

20. Alright, I'll make a real feedback now that I've played it for a bit with my advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages:
    * Little bots. Yes, the bots are not logging in now because they will lose all their points which means they will look really rubbish if they decide to PvP. The ones who do play, as the guy said above, wont give any points to the destroyer.
    * New players can finally play without being harrassed, personally I think it should be 1 kill not 3, but finally BP are doing something that's fair for them during an event.
    * Some objectives count even if you don't get the kills, I think that's an amazing touch.
    * It's quite easy to get hung up on hunting good players for points, but this is also a disadvantage in some ways which I'll say soon.
    Disadvanges:
    * Destroying someone with 10% HP is the same reward as 100%, I think that's bad.
    * Lack of players with big points playing alone. I mean, this was going to be a common issue.
    * Playing in a group means someone with low points can gain a high amount for no effort because of teammates.
    * The rewards system isn't very good.
    * Once you get a lot of points, you basically just have to camp and hope someone with lots of points shows up.

As a side note:
    I entered a pvp map earlier today and for the first time in 4 years actually had a PvP 1v1 fight, I cant believe it!

Overall it's an improvement compared to other events, but more work is needed before this game is enjoyable again.

KilerStreak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.