Galaxy Gate Percentages

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Okapi32, Feb 19, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Omega

Omega User

just did a test on alfa beta gama and I got 9 multipliers and 1 gate part most of the time.. I got 9.876 % 11.144%

2. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Looking at my latest data I am seeing yields closer to the 13% (12.33%) for new and duplicate part, however the yield for hitting gate parts when using the multiplier is very low.

For the last 124 multipliers used the yield for hitting a gate part is
    8.87% instead of the 13% suggested probability. The sample size is relatively low so I will monitor it for a while.

~Morph33~ and Omega like this.
  3. Omega

Omega User

1k extra spins for 2 alfa parts and 4 beta parts and I didn't get any parts .good job .. its always at the end when the probabilities drop/before u get at about 75% of the gate is fair .. after that it drops . on 100 spins I get 6 multipliers and no gate parts ..

4. pecanin

pecanin User

My own experience tells me that 13 % is thing of the past ,it has joined dodo

Built two Kronos and not one gate built reached 13 % (counting all multipliers as spins)

One thing that remains constant in all gates is that they all are giving (compared to the past) much more X2/Xeno and lower % of SAB & Mines

One question for devs

Why are rep credits still in gate spins if repair is free ?

Remove them and either increase other percentages or replace with 3030's or rsb at same % that rep credits now get.

Or replace them and then swap percentages for whatever you put in with logdisk ones ...nobody buys logdisks for cash anymore so what you have to lose ?

My own opinion (paranoid or what) is that they adjusted % since introduction of Palladium as anybody who has used Palladium GG energy can see that building gates with GG energy and Uri are two different things...maybe i'm right maybe not

~Morph33~ and ŌяǎиĠε like this.
  5. +1 from me

why i still buy log disks ? is there a way to get good amount of them ???
    do not tell me Z ... 50 items are not enough for anything

6. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I wouldn't say get rid of repair credits.
    I use them for insta-repairing on base, does nobody else use that function or want to carry on using it?
    If they were to change repair credits then just re-purpose them so that every 2 or 3 could be used for P.E.T repairs, getting rid of them completely in the galaxy gate spinner would be pretty daft in my opinion.

~Morph33~ likes this.
  7. Lets just say I need 5 parts for a Epsilon,,25,000 Uri in spins, anyone want to guess how many parts I got???
    I give you a hint 0.

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  8. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Considering in 100 spins (10k uri) we should get on average 13 parts (new or duplicate)
    so lets say they are all duplicates.
    Using the multiplier at X2 the average number of time you should hit a gate part ( so get 2 parts ) is 1 in 7.69 multiplier used.

So to get 5 parts = 19.2 used multipliers, which would be about 150 spins to get all 5 parts. Well to be accurate you would need to hit 3 multipliers so an average of 177 spins.

So you are doing well to have not got a single part.
    :(

9. the real trouble with gate spins for parts is that the parts are numbered..if they wasn't numbered the gates would b a lot cheaper..simple...

10. the real problem is that the boss of programer does NOT give the order to him to apply to DO program the next command ... "never create same gg part 2nt time"
    so simple;)

11. ~Morph33~

~Morph33~ User

I like the idea to re-purpose rep creds. I also use them for insta-repping at ports or on the spot for cheaper price but I have 1.5k and it's only growing. :D I agree that rep creds need another purpose and like this idea of applying it to the pet. I was thinking that the number of rep creds could also correspond with the lvl of gear they can use to make it more fair I guess. Just some ideas. Maybe you should suggest this idea of yours if it has not been already suggested. :)

12. To get ontopic

About the 13% chance on a gg-part
    You can say that 13 a round/whole number.
    Mathematically speaking it means that the REAL % is between 12.5 and 13,4999999

Just to keep this in mind;)

13. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Erm no ... If the value is set at 13% then it means that every time you use 1 galaxy gate spin you have a 13% chance, it will not fluctuate from that each time.

What you have just said is 12.5 rounded up is 13 therefore 12.5 = 13, which it doesn't at all.

14. Okay, maybe i didn't explain myself well :$
    I was talking about the true percentage of the gg and not the possibility of a fluctuating percentage

what i wanted to say is this:
    Maybe is the value not exactly 13%. Maybe has DO rounded the percentages. The significance of 13 is with no decimal. This means that the true percentage can be between 12,5% and 13,4999%. If DO had said that the GG percentages are exactly 13%, then it was a total different story.

15. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood your first post :)
    The code says it 13% dead on ^^ I can post it if you want but it will be removed by mods fairly quickly I think :/

16. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

The real problem is that depending on the coding, 13% probability could mean:- never getting a gate part, but that would be extremely unlikely.

If the code was change, to never create a duplicate part, then doing A,B,Y gates would turn a uri profit. So you could just do those gates continuously for free, so that would be impractical.
    In an Ideal world DO would be listening to its customers and seeing chance as a dissatisfaction.
    The program could easily be adjusted, so an account does not see a yield below a given value, to ensure a tight yield distribution closer to specified.

17. Omega

Omega User

300 gg when beta and alfa opened for 6 gama parts and got 0 .. nice .sick of ur stupid probabilities

18. *Boots*

*Boots* User

Here's a question: what are the overall percentages after a gate is completed of getting a 'unique' gate part.. i.e. plane old (gate parts)/(number of spins) I use about 2k spins for zeta or kappa so thats very roughly 5-6%

Boots

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  19. THATS THE SINGLE MOST MEANINGFULL QUESTION ABOUT GG PARTS PERSENTANCE

20. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

First we have to assume that the galaxy gate generator is working at the probability information suggest it is.

Assuming the above :-
    The chance off getting all the gate parts for a gate is significantly less than 13%.

In reality if we assume that the gate part yield for new and duplicate parts are always 13% for both( accepting that A,B,Y gates do not return 13% individually.) then it would depend, ( other than A,B,Y ) how many part there are for each gate, as there is a chance of hitting the last part as a new part. This would be more likely on say lambda with 45 individual parts compared to Delta with 128 parts.

I'm sure I have calculated the average yield for a gate (other that A,B,Y which is significantly more complicate as each part added affect the subsequent potential for getting each of the gate parts.) I'll see if I still have the relevant spreadsheet if not and I have time I'll recalculate the potential average assuming a true gaussian curve for a gate with a 13% probability.

Noting that historically A,B,Y gates had a yield distribution of:-

<cat id="gate_1" percentage="45" />
    <cat id="gate_2" percentage="30" />
    <cat id="gate_3" percentage="25" />

So there was only a 25% of 13% chance of getting a gamma gate part, so 3.25%

The current code on it's basic merit suggest that the above breakdown is no longer valid. Therefore the 1 billion spin simulator results may not reflect exactly the A,B,Y gates.

>Here< is =[sputnik]='s 1 billion spin simulator results.

Unfortunately the information in that post use to have 3 sigma data that gave the range of results for a 1 billion spin simulator.

However that information has been anonymously remove from the thread after the new forum was introduced. Why it was remove, one has to decide for themselves. (as it was factual results from a 1 billion spin simulator using the yields as implied from the DO gate probabilities)

You can use =[sputnik]='s simulator results, to give a good average cost per gate and therefore average cost per part for each gate.