Game page clutter.

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Excessive, Jul 19, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Excessive

Excessive User

Who is it thought adding more garbage to an aready laggy flash interface would be a good idea??

Does no-one at DO watch performance issues, read player feedback or even understand how Flash works?
    You guys keep adding more and more to an already overcrowded interface when it can't handle what it had.

With the addition of Galaxy Gates I now have to scroll the page to see the middle icons as they overlap.
    If you insist on adding more to the interface at least make the icons scale to the size of the browser or give us the ability to Show/Hide the ones we don't use daily, weekly, at all.

Complete RUBBISH change that holds no reasoning other than change for the sake of change.
    At this point you may as well remove the login/backpage altogether, all it shows now is rank (which is pointless) and an overpriced money market nobody who understands the state of the game uses. While I'm on the shop, how about splitting Extra's into 2, one for over priced money items and the other for uri, credit purchases.

I know full well this will get either removed or simply ignored, I've been around far too long to expect honest feedback to be taken seriously

2. All designed to waste booster time.

3. Not just the lag issues but connection issues to. If you are unable to get a connection to the game window for whatever reason but access to back page is fine then you are now unable to build galaxy gates, just like you are also unable to do dispatch hiring now too in such situations.

There is no necessity in adding these particular back page items to the game window which just means more icons clogging things up and adding to performance issues.

Change for the sake of change is what happens when people are out of good ideas and become complacent, and they end doing nonsense things like this and adding other pointless ships and designs and coming up with more nonsense stuff for PET's and ship mods in general.

RapidStar[go_up] likes this.
  4. Complete garbage update, as everything else they have made the last years. Bigpoint does not care.

5. Nobody asked for this update. But now we know why the pages have been so messed up. The last time they migrated parts of the back page to the client they had the same 'server issues'. There was a battle fleet of ships in 1-2 showing that only those of us using the bigpoint client had issues connecting.

We have asked for help with the real game problems and they have been ignored and suppressed.

Encrypt the connection to the servers and only allow the actual client we are told to use to connect.

Anyone 'playing' with connections that are incorrect should hit a ban. Not a timeout. If the certificate is not the daily cert from the actual client <poof> gone.

No one plays 24 hours a day or does Hades gates from 12am to 11:59pm.

6. Larrakin

Larrakin User

Problem with the gate spinner..
    When it was on the back page I could spin gates without having to worry about whether my game timed out.
    Now everytime (3 times in 15 minutes) I try to use the spinner I have to reload the page to continue spinning.

Another nice change to actually DISCOURAGE use of part of the game..

NB; I rarely use Dispatch now as it's a hassle timing out while using them. Because it's so laggy and the game times out in the middle of doing them. Dispatch is not a positive experience and now GG spinning will be the same if not worse..

=MarcVenture=- I could care less about botters, as long as they aren't using trains. What I do care about is DO making the game less "user friendly" by doing "change for the sake of change".

7. =MarcVenture=- I could care less about botters, as long as they aren't using trains. What I do care about is DO making the game less "user friendly" by doing "change for the sake of change".[/QUOTE]

You have not run into the ones that fight. It educated me as for a long time many 'skilled players' fought a certain way. Turns out its all automated and they just are chatting. Worse is several other ships will come in and shoot just because you are red.
    That sucked the fun right out of PVP because Bigpoint has allowed it. I just do the events and Im completing quests. I dont even see anyone playing I used to fly with anymore.

Matter of fact a ton of people I used to fly with now have different names and dont talk back when I whisper them. Wonder why?

8. Larrakin

Larrakin User

Sorry, poor wording on my part.
    What I should have said is - I don't care about bots shooting NPC's.
    My point though was about how the game interface is now so cluttered and laggy the game itself is just getting worse to play.
    Half of the icons/ widgets on the page I never use yet they take up valuable screen space. (I seriously have no idea what the ? on the client is for and could care less)
    Only good thing about moving the GG spinner is, I'm even less tempted to purchase anything from URIDIUM as I no longer need to see it as the back page is now only used for Ship Fitting.

I have indeed run into those who use "parts" of the train software in PVP and many who use autolock.
    Sad reality is, once you reach a certain point in the game there isn't anything new to do, no new missions, just the same old boring gates and events. Even the new content added recently, Astral, Season Pass and what ever that new event with no uri/credit/honor/EP rewards was - Are just the same old tedious grind with low % RNG based rewards.

9. The oddest part, imho, is the fact that when the client locks up the back-page tends to lockup as well. Once that happens, a player cannot get any further information to send in to anyone else; yet based on comments from moderators of the forums, the issue is closed because no further information is being sent in. Just an excuse to not address the situation. If the devs are in close proximity of the srever being looked at, they need to either go to a much more remote site, or at least use a connection route that utilizes more of a typical distance from a players real global position to a Dark Orbit game server.

10. NO! Now instead of Building your gates on the Backpage, they want you to do it in-game while your Boosters are active and Running!

Not a Positive Change for the game or the Players.

11. Agreed. So now to build gates your boosters are being wasted. WHY? What reason can you give the OG players on why this is a thing. Stop putting everything on game screen and fix the basic game instead of throwing new things out and claiming ddos attacks.

12. AVIT

AVIT User

Not a big fan of yet another item moved to the game screen . All the items should be on the home page and the game page should be free of it so you can play and fly without all these items there blocking the view and locking. ,I told the devs this yrs ag when they first introduced the assembly .

Pони and RapidStar[go_up] like this.
  13. Nice again today another 2.5 hours of logging in just to get to the forums and no update as to why from BP.

14. It's all because of the Money/Uri!
    They want you to waste your time, Boosters and next thing you know, you have to purchase more!

And Last night took the Cake! No One I KNOW was able to log on since yesterday afternoon! More than 28 Hours of Nothing!

Last edited by moderator: Jul 23, 2023
    Pони likes this.
  15. But dark orbit killed the goose that laid golden eggs. There is less than one percent of the players there was 10 years ago and most of them are botting.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 25, 2023
  16. Well, this kind of explains why the game is bugging out. When you spin Gates on the game page, it is loading everything you receive in your Log, that is packing all this information into the Game page itself and not on the back page. If this is not reversed, we will get that White Page all the time now when trying to log in