GB1 Game wont start (loading) after server restart

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DeathMachineGunner, Apr 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ~turnip~

~turnip~ User

I was reading that really confused me then lol

2. now it goes past star system then shows new connection icon

3. see its sorting

4. thier screw up so they should have the goodness to give something free back for the way they seem to spoil everyones enjoyment by tickering when they got the instruction manual upside down and back to front failing that it was thrown in the bin

5. just got on!!!

6. DONK(INTY)

DONK(INTY) User

nay cant log on after restart

7. ~turnip~

~turnip~ User

server has gone down on gb1 again * funny enough straight after restart again lol*

8. I dont need to add much to this thread, just one word will do `incompetence`

9. ~turnip~

~turnip~ User

down for second time for me today this is no gd

tεrrσrsωσσρ likes this.
  10. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I am now considering the possibility that the server meltdown of GB1 is nothing more than an attempt by BP to get us playing GB2 or any of the other servers in the hope that we part with more cash. I for one have no interest in playing a non-bio ship on yet another low populated server.

I am fed up to my back teeth with the lack of information regarding the GB1 server meltdown and am awaiting a response from the email I have sent BP. I am not hopeful of a positive compensation package for this latest crash. So that said It looks like my 5 year love affair with this game has ended.

The Japanese have a philosophy that patience is a virtue....
    I am English !! goodbye x

11. ASTRAEA

ASTRAEA User

Thank you assisting this player with their issue.

We have identified the issue and can tell you the following:

The affected players simply have too many friends!

So while the client is waiting for the server to send the list of friends, the client hits a time-out and stops loading.

This matter is currently being reviewed for a resolution and should be resolved in the next restart.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Astraea