[SC] Getting 1 SHOT by mines lately

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by BraveHeart´[G], Jun 3, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I run over one of those direct HP damage mines, and I get popped immediately from 100% health? This has happened many times now..

Can someone expain to me how this is possible ? Are people stacking mine on the exact same spot or is there some new turbo mine deployer allowing you to drop 5 mines simultaneously ?

Thank you for your time

2. `Djurkz`

`Djurkz` User

Don`t trust your ships ability...

3. damage boosters + pilot sheet + formation

4. They stack them each player stacks on each other and drops them all at the same time with pilot bio and formation no ship can pass without being destroyed.

5. But am I right assuming, even with these things taken into consideration, that at least two stacked mines are required to kill me or is there enough dmg boost in the game that a single one can 1 shot me ?

6. You can be killed by just one mine with all the boosts from bio, boosters, and formation.

7. I don't see how that adds up. 20% from double boosters, 35% from maxed bio, 50% from drone formation and lets say another 20% from module/cyborg or something like that.

A mine deals 20% of max hull, that's 0.2.
    0.2 x 1.5 x 1.35 x 1.2 x 1.2 = less than 0.6. (Less than 60%)

Even if I have missed a buff, I have a hard time seeing it add up to 100% ?

8. When I played i had players tell me they can tell when i was defending a cbs cause they would die from all the uber mines i had around the cbs and yes they would 1 shot big players but take enough ships to wipe them out to attack the cbs as you can't drop them that fast and your more vulnerable to be killed cause your formation lowers your hp considerably. Don't remember all the stats as i haven't played for a while.
    Also you don't need all the area damage for mines from your bio if your thinking of changing it cause it still has same damage just less area which also helps to put more closer together.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  9. % of different bonuses are calculated differently
    (design + formation + module)
    the rest is counted as multipliers

boosters = 20% (no group)
    formation = 50%
    pilot sheet = 50%
    infection = 10%
    modules = X%

= 100%*20%*50%*50%*10%
    = 1*1,2*1,5*1,5*1,1=2,97 mine damage multiplier

and this is not the limit, I wrote only what I could remember))
    there are also group boosters, ship design and modules

but ... if the % is calculated differently by just adding 20% to the initial?)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  10. Perhaps that could be it, some % might be calculated with addition rather than multiplication.. I am very curious to know if this is the case because when playing around with maxed damage potential, calculating strictly by multiplying all the buffs, I don't reach anything that would 1 shot.

Boosters = 30% (double boosters, plus maybe some group bonus or something else stacking, maybe the Kappa gate buff)
    Pilot Bio = 50%
    Formation = 50%
    Infection = 10%
    Modules = 20% x 2, so 40% (Orcus ship doubles the effect of modules)

This makes 0.2 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.1 x 1.4 = 0.9, so about 90% of your HP. Maybe with even crazier modules on the Orcus ship you could actually reach 100%.. Can someone confirm this ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.