[GI] coldwave gate

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ĂВ§Θ£ŪŦ€Ӂ§€ӁY, Dec 2, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Every event has to be finished before you can do the next one. I ponder if they did some of the event quests this year whilst bypassing the Cold Wave 2014 :confused:

2. The issue is the GG was opened by completing a Mission. The GG was not a mission and when the event ended the gate went away. The people who did not complete it (but had been into it to start it) have been allowed to go in and finish it because D O did not catch that running the exact same event a second time would allow the OLD GATE to reappear. It is correct it is not fair that these people are getting the ORIGINAL freeze rockets a year later and the people getting them now are getting the NERFED rockets to fight with, I agree it is not fair, IF they are going to get the 300 for doing last years gate then they should not be allowed to get another 300 from this years gate, unless the ones from last years gate become NERFED also.

This was a GLITCH that again got CHANGED after a FEW spoilers were able to take advantage of the oversight of DO and exploit the error. As this is an ongoing STORY for D O I do not understand why everyone has not come to expect these problems every time we have a new event. We have not had an EVENT this year (that I remember) that did not have some kind of issue, REWARDS not posting correctly, Bonus Boxes not released when Event started, Missions not loaded on time, Missions removed before end of Event, Bonus Boxes giving incorrect amount of goodies, and so on and so on. Why not have a possibility to complete something they were not strong enough to do last year and now they can do it again to get their rewards they could have used all year instead.

For those who did not do the gate last year why not give them the opportunity to do this gate also, OH YEAH that would be making it fair to ALL and D O does not do that. I was not able to participate last year as I was not in an area where I had access to the internet so I lost out ALL together. Now after being frozen all year long I get these cheap *** NERFED ICE Rockets that are a waste of my time to even use.

Way to GO D O.

Waspkiller98 likes this.
  3. Its like the other ongroing issues Gotta love Darkorbit Glitches.

4. Well on USA west Server there are players Who already did the gate last year and finished it but they also have the cold wave gate now. but on my side i didn't do the gate last year since i was away on the game. it's kinda unfair for some reason :/

5. Of they got it again it means the gate was started again (like the halloween gate done dozens of times during the event) and was not completed. I also did not get to do the gate as I had no internet, but that is not D O's problem but it is their problem that some are getting to do the gate and others are not. As there are so many doing the gate now I think they should allow all of us to do it.

6. SauronL

SauronL User

yeah ive deleted it

7. Wait, the ice rockets were changed????....because I still have 500 from last year....so when i get new ice rockets this year, will they have a NEW tab, or will my old rockets just behave differently (nerfed) ..Im so confused now??

8. only thing i can see if the price has changed

9. The old ones last longer and have not been changed. If you logged in on the first of December you got 20 of the nerfed rockets so look at your ammo to see what they did. The new ones are 15 x more expensive (300 U compared to 20 U) and only last 2 seconds and have a 2 minute cool down. Basically not worth the expense of buying as they are defensive instead of offensive now.

The information is in the Event FAQ so go read it.

10. Thanks for the heads up, but now I'm twice as confused. I DID receive the first login bonus and got those new ice rockets...but looking in my hangar, it added them to the OLD ice rockets I had from LAST year -_- ....I don't have two types of ice rockets, only one.....and they all show up in one tab, both in my inventory, and on the space sceen.

I remember the ICE rockets ALWAYS (when they don't miss) freezing the enemy for 2 seconds, it never was longer was it??...The cool-down HAS been increased, that is the only "Nerf" I can see (and the price change)....very confused now.

11. Bakjam

Bakjam User

What do you mean? There is only one type of ice rocket now? The nerf made them all change, not only the that were given / are going to be given out this year?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  12. yes the properties of the ice rockets have all changed,
    yes they used to be a bit longer, 5 seconds down to 2 seconds

13. Use one and you will see the affect is useless now.
    It was originally posted the OLD ones would not be affected so I guess D O decided it was not FAIR to nerf the new and not the old.

14. I have no idea where you have seen that the old ones would not be affected, this has not been said once, not at all!

15. Bakjam

Bakjam User

I guess people assumed there would be a difference in the old and new ones as the old ones were cheaper, but that they got nerfed, without the people getting anything in return. Still not a fair assumption though.

Anyway,

There will be no difference, all the ice rockets will function the with the stats of this year.

16. I guess I stand corrected, I read the information in this thread and as people were complaining about the rockets people got from getting by doing last years gate this year and getting the OLD rockets being unfair was an assumption they were getting the full charge instead of nerfed, and since the admins did not mention they were getting the nerfed for completing the gate it was assumed they were getting the OLD rocket.