[GI] HITAC on PVE map causes Ambassador Peace CPU to acitvate

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Nicotine_Stain, Aug 11, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. on the PVE Global Server, why does a HITAC appearing on map autonatucally trigger the Ambassador Peace CPU even if you are not shooting it and no where near the NPC. This is not mentioned in the FAQ nor is it desirable on the PVE server for this to happen. This is turning the whole server into a normal PVP server, which is the opposite of the original purpose of the server. If this is an intentional action then it should be in the FAQ.
    This should be corrected ASAP

server:Global
    id: 171907316

2. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

Thank you for assisting the player. Does the OP have any additional questions related to this thread?

TermiteFan likes this.
  3. Odyessey yes I do, the FAQ states that if a player enters a map where a Hitac is present then it loses protection, however I am talking about the Hitac entering a map where the player already is present, its not the same. and basically turns the PVE server into a pvp server for the duration of the event. This goes against the whole idea of the server in the first place.
    The end result is that low level players cant even do their daily quests in lowers without becoming easy kills for the higher level players who are also monopolising the hitacs. This is an ill thought out and implemented change to the PVE servers and was not even mentioned as being a posibility when the servers were launched.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  4. Oddessey

Hi Nicotine_Stain,

I understand the difference between the two scenarios you mention, great question. I had not noticed this behavior until I tested today, but I did see the same behavior you describe. I am not sure if this is intended or not so I will send off an inquiry to try and get an answer for you. Unfortunately, due to the time of day on Friday, I suspect I will not receive any answer until early next week. As soon as I get something back, I will reply here.

Regards,

TermiteFan and Ðįmáŋ1993 like this.
  5. Oddessey

Hi Nicotine_Stain,

There is an update now posted in the thread mentioned above. Here is a link directly to the update: Hitac FAQ Update

Basically, if you are level 10 or greater and you are on any map where the Hitac is located, you will lose your PvP protection.

Regards,

TermiteFan likes this.
  6. Hi Odessey thank you for looking in to this and replying, while it is now a late addition to the HITAC FAQ, I think as PVE players we deserve an explanation from teh developers etc as to why with this event they have decided to change the whole point of teh PVE server and teh way the server has been sold to customers ie players.

Dark Orbit stated in no uncertain terms when it was launched as below
    "We are proud to present a new permanent server in DarkOrbit which can be played as a PvE server with the usage of a CPU – the Peace Ambassador (PA-X) CPU. This PA-X CPU is automatically equipped on the player ship so that the server can be discovered in PvE mode (like in X-1 maps). In this PvE mode, you cannot be attacked unless you attack someone else first."

The announcement posted by you also stated:
    Hello Space Pilots,

Take flight on our all-new PvE server, build up your new ship and resources and challenge the most fearsome enemies on the maps! The PvE server gives all pilots protection from other players, with an option to engage in PvP combat if, and only if, both players have agreed.

This is the most principle that this server was based on, at no point was it suggested, that DO would change this without notice and turn unwilling players without their agreement into PVP mode.
    This is a betrayal of us who have been playing from the start, and is causing a lot players to become just cannon fodder for teh highest level players/
    This MAJOR server change needs to be addressed.

TermiteFan and Firaxia like this.
  7. Oddessey

Hi Nicotine_Stain,

I will add your feedback above to that of others already received about the HITAC on the PvE server. Thank you for your detailed explanation. and we'll be sure the game team sees this feedback.

Did you have any additional questions on this matter?

Regards,

TermiteFan likes this.
  8. Oddessey, I appreciate you doing that thank you. Unless you have any update please close. cheers

9. Oddessey

You're welcome. Closing as requested.

TermiteFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.