[GI] SHIPS!!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .!ώђıŧε☢ʀħıŋσ!.™, May 26, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. You are saying you owned more than 10 of one type of ship? The system would only allow you to have one ship not allocated to a Hangar so assuming you had the Goliath (only ship that has 10+ designs) you still have all the ships you were using as they are still there as you used them. Ranting in multiple threads saying the same thing that has nothing to do with the assistance of the O P is not acceptable. If you look in the Back Page Home Logbook between 8 and 9 am Eastern Time (the day the system went live) you will see that the compensation as stated in the FAQ was booked at that time. The people that are upset are the ones who BOUGHT the AEGIS, CITADEL, GOLIATH, SPEARHEAD, and VENGEANCE with the SKILL Designs assigned and lost the BASE Ship. We got compensated for every other ship and just want to get these BASE Ships either replaced or compensated. You may have lost 6 compensations assuming you had all of the Skill Designs and Surgeon assigned and the extra not allocated is in your NEW Hangar.

The only real loss you have suffered is you no longer have the benefit of knowing NEW people have to BUY Hangars like you may have had to, but for almost a year now the price had been reduced so you already knew the people were getting a discount over what you spent years ago. My 2 accounts are accounts that feel the pain as they both started buying the Hangars just before the price change and had already bought the first Hangar meaning we spent more than what all of them would cost with that one purchase.

2. thanks for the responses HelpMeHelpYou.. so theres a difrance between skins and designs? huh?? arent they the same thing your covering for example a goli.. with skin/design same thing.. also u mention there in the drop down? wheres this drop down... if its on the base ships i did have, well i dont have any now so it says, yet i can fly my pussat, goli, citidel, and so forth in there designs. It says i have to buy all new base ships... evan though i had 10 base ship now its says i must buy them all again...?

3. Okay so you had designs on all of them and as they became SHIPS instead of designs you lost the base ships, as I have also. The Skins are only available for Specific ships and is why they had to separate them out (Spectrum which is a Ship now has 2 skins it can wear) bid on a Vengeance or Goliath (should be able to get for 10K) and then look in top right of ship page (Left Corner of ship picture) shown >here< by @Solid_Eye in her reply to another thread.

4. I lost my basic Goliath ship and with that I also lost all the decorative designs ( Amber , Jade and Sapphire ) . Even though I had these just for aesthetic reasons , they were part of my inventory and I did pay for them so , my question is how do you plan on returning my property and restoring my hanger inventory ? I don't mind you trying to make changes . As long as myself and other players don't have to accept unnecessary losses . I had suggested a hanger change in "idea " forum but , this is not what I had in mind. The hanger was supposed to have a memory in which you could store configurations and switch to them just by clicking on the ship you chose. The appropriate items would then be allocated from inventory and or taken from any ship being deactivated . How hard could that have been? You guys really screwed the pooch on this one . If you are unable or unwilling to return ALL lost items , then please restore the original hanger system . This one does not make anything easier .

5. Yes there are a lot of people who have lost the Base Ships as they had a Design Assigned to them at the time of change over. Your Skin Designs are still there you just have to have the GOLIATH to see it. IF you are patient you may see it replaced early this week as @Solid_Eye has reported it to the Dev Team already. IF you read the forums you can even see where @KrisKelvin has stated they were going to look into further changes to make the switching easier. D O has even said this Update was Necessary to make future changes to the game easier and smoother so lets give them a little time to get things sorted out.

6. bisphenol

bisphenol User

Do you people really have high hopes we will get our ships back?
    The support is telling we have to buy them again. This means RE-BUY them, and there is NO GUARANTEE we will NOT lose them again on a future, NOT PROPERLY TESTED update.
    Removal of any designs from base ships HAD TO BE DONE BY THE UPDATE ITSELF, so no one would have lost their ships if there were sincere intentions to not harm players.

Some players were insightful enough and removed designs manually to prevent this trouble. I would never come to the conclusion that the base ships will be destroyed only because they wear a dress. Have to give a credit to all such careful and clever players!

7. hey i wanna ask why dosnt show that i have goliath and vengance and i can fly with surgeon and vengance lightening ... ???

8. Most of them had accounts on the 2 servers that were TEST before the Launch server wide and had already lost ships so they had a heads up, not being clever. Since this has effected the Mods, also, I am pretty sure if we give the TEAM a chance they will make this right for us. We all know SUPPORT is not the best solution to any problem, but it is OUR ONLY contact to the Dev Team other than the Mods from the Forums.
    You lost the Base ship because you had those designs assigned with the New Hangar System being launched. ALL Stat Designs became their own ships with this Update.
    No that is not where it was caught, remember there were 2 servers receive this update before the rest of them did.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  9. bisphenol

bisphenol User

Aha, I suspected there must be a catch. I never once managed to get into Test server no matter how hard I tried, so at least can't blame myself of not being smart enough...

But then again, I lose hope because the DEV TEAM HAVE SEEN what happened on Test servers, yet unchanged update was pushed live onto normal servers. They KNEW lots of premium ships are going to be deleted, so no excuse for them in this regard!

]Coldheart[ likes this.
  10. OK , I am willing to be patient , since the DO team has , for the most part , has corrected most problems associated with new tech ,( as far as I can tell) . And like I said they were mostly just to have . I don't think I would actually ever use an Amber unless I was so powerful that I didn't need any bonuses from ships like Surgeon , or any other design with special abilities .

11. HMHY - Yes I apologize for the similar postings in 2 threads regarding this issue. To me there are base ships and designs. Not all designs I had were retained, so yes, I am very PO'd. I kept it civil and did not include any swearing. I did take exception to a few sentences as I took them to be over-kind support for what I and many perceive to be an extremely poor introduction of a feature.

Could this have been averted if the test phase had allowed all interested players into the test server to see this, probably. That however is another issue unto itself.

As far as a rant? Well, I do disagree, but each to their opinion. If we do not show the level of irritation, then there would be no changes or corrections to ever occur.
    Bisphenol, above closed out with a great paragraph.

12. Can you list the Designs you lost? If they are cosmetics they did not become Ships but are in a drop down tab for that ship. I have not heard of anyone losing any designs it has been the Base Ship that was lost. Usually I do not mention double posts in different threads as I am constantly doing it is similar issue threads,but if it had nothing to do with the topic I say something and YES we all NEED to VENT occasionally.

I agree with the sentiment of your last line.

13. I actually started putting a list together with what I had and what was missing.
    Before I was done, I came to realize that I wasn't really utilizing a lot of the ships or designs, I just enjoyed collecting them.
    Then it hit me that maybe 6 years was too long to be in the game.
    So I have decided to drop the list idea and not bother with the forums any longer. I'll check into the game on a regular basis until, I expect, get bored with that and end up doing something else.
    Thanks for the list idea though, it was enlightening.

14. Chihuahua

Chihuahua User

The Amber was useful once in that it came with a limitless trade drone, I still have that on one account :), not that I play anymore, game has gone too far in the wrong direction :(

15. There is an >Official Announcement< that helps explain the missing designs. There is also a >Tech Announcement< that may shine a little light on the issue too.

Sorry the Listing Missing Designs did not work for you. I actually made the list of available designs so I knew what ones I owned and possibly could get long ago and keep adding to the Stat as they come out, Skins don't interest me unless I can get them from AUCTION.

Edit;
    The caps for Auction is that is the way it is on the Back Page, sorry it is taking as shouting to reproduce what is normally seen. I will use them to Emphasize my point also, sometimes.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  16. Chihuahua

Chihuahua User

Why so many caps ? do you feel the need to shout, and I thought it was bad etiquette and likely to get an INFRACTION

17. I never even new that about the Amber until now. THX. I think I'll just wait until I can get the original Goli at auction cheap. That should restore my drop down skins . No fuss no muss. If it were to cost me Uri that would be a different story, but it's just credits and at the right time you can get one cheap.

18. jackknife

jackknife User

So if I get this right, if you buy a skin you also get a ship that it fits even if you don't own that ship.

19. NO, Skins are dependent on owning the Ship it applies to. You can buy them but you will not see that you own them until you own the Base Ship. The Stat Designs have been turned into ships and as such you buy the Design and the Ship is included (Aegis Elite no longer needs an Aegis to be used, but Amber Design can not be seen without a Basic Goliath Ship). The Expo 16 Designs will not be seen if you do not have the Ships they apply to.

20. Chihuahua

Chihuahua User

Hasn't applied for a few years now, they removed the trade drone, as I found out when I bought my next Amber :(